aberdeen-music

Brewdog WINS!!

framheim

I was going to go along, but after an overnight flight from New York-Heathrow-Aberdeen without any sleep... I am going to settle on finishing some Samuel Adams and Brooklyn Brewery beers I took back.

Reckon I'll head in later in the week for a spot of lunch (cheese/bread/meat boards) instead.

I'll start here by saying that what I've tried of Brewdogs products has been lovely - and that I'm aware I'm being a bit of a cunt here - but am I the only one who can't get over this damn prejudice speedbump and can't justify paying over the odds for beers coming out of a toilet like peterhead/fraserburgh...?

Let it be on record that I'm from peterhead myself, incase any one starts getting pissy and offended (and that's most likely why I'm being such a tight fisted xenophobic ((this can't be xenophobia though.. this is the opposite of xenophobia... fuck it)) bastard), but the place is where bad things go to die.. while the logical part of my brain knows that makes sweet fuck all difference to the quality of the beers (and what I've tasted backs that up) when I see a 5 price tag on it I can't stop saying to myself 'am I fuck paying that for something brewed in someones bath two minutes up the road from where I was born..."

I'm aware the products quality is speaking for itsself, but surely someone else out there gets the same (completely illogical, I'm well aware) bitter taste in their mouth now and again?

Anyone...?

xx

• Upvote 1

To be fair most of the brewdog draft beers are around the 3 - 3.50 mark.... not vastly different to what you'd pay in any other pub.

I tend to drink them by half pints when I'm in there, so it's only about 1.50 a drink in that respect.

Some of the imported bottled beers ARE expensive at 5-6 but then again they probably cost a lot to import and you aren't going to get them anywhere else.

I generally just stick to their own beers and guest ales when I'm in.

Their new Brewery will be nearer to Aberdeen though..... the stigma will be gone ;)

I'll start here by saying that what I've tried of Brewdogs products has been lovely - and that I'm aware I'm being a bit of a cunt here - but am I the only one who can't get over this damn prejudice speedbump and can't justify paying over the odds for beers coming out of a toilet like peterhead/fraserburgh...?

Let it be on record that I'm from peterhead myself, incase any one starts getting pissy and offended (and that's most likely why I'm being such a tight fisted xenophobic ((this can't be xenophobia though.. this is the opposite of xenophobia... fuck it)) bastard), but the place is where bad things go to die.. while the logical part of my brain knows that makes sweet fuck all difference to the quality of the beers (and what I've tasted backs that up) when I see a 5 price tag on it I can't stop saying to myself 'am I fuck paying that for something brewed in someones bath two minutes up the road from where I was born..."

I'm aware the products quality is speaking for itsself, but surely someone else out there gets the same (completely illogical, I'm well aware) bitter taste in their mouth now and again?

Anyone...?

xx

Racist.

x

Wowzer, that Dogma stuff really hits the spot. Was in again last night anf had a good 3 or 4 of them and a 77 Lager and I was fairly pissed!! Anyway, Dogma is probs my favourite so far; a meaty ale with a sweetness to it. Blows your fucking head off too.

They're doing a good thing, those Brewdog chaps.