aberdeen-music

Brewdog WINS!!

framheim

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know where you can buy the hardcore ipa?

Had it at musa last night! Cracking!

Can't find it in any of the supermarkets though.... booooooo.

I've found it really hard to source. It seems that the only way to get it in Aberdeen is to order it online from Brewdog; and because of its popularity it is often 'out of stock'.

I've only ever had it once, in Musa on their opening night.

In other news, it looks like the Brewdog pub will be open in 3 weeks :up:

I'm currently drinking a bottle of Bashah I picked up yesterday. Definitely one of the nicer Brewdog beers I've had, not been overly impressed with some of the ones I've had in the past but this one is great. Very drinkable for a strong, dark beer.

The latest alcohol emporium in Stonehaven town centre happily has a few Brewdog tipples for sale with a wider choice than that stocked by Asda I bought bottles of the 77 Lager and 5am Saint Ale as I havent tried them yet. Still not had a chance to drink them yet. Tonight baby. They also have Trashy Blonde, Punk IPA, Nanny State (avoided due to no alcohol content), Tokyo*, Zeitgeist and Paradox. Im not a whisky fan so doubt Paradox would be my cuppa tea. May try the Zeitgeist though. Im still a bit scared of the Tokyo*.

Guest Gladstone
The latest alcohol emporium in Stonehaven town centre happily has a few Brewdog tipples for sale with a wider choice than that stocked by Asda I bought bottles of the 77 Lager and 5am Saint Ale as I havent tried them yet. Still not had a chance to drink them yet. Tonight baby. They also have Trashy Blonde, Punk IPA, Nanny State (avoided due to no alcohol content), Tokyo*, Zeitgeist and Paradox. Im not a whisky fan so doubt Paradox would be my cuppa tea. May try the Zeitgeist though. Im still a bit scared of the Tokyo*.

Had a few 5am Saints at Wizard Festival on Friday - nae bad like. I couldn't handle drinking them on Saturday though - they're pretty strong, and mixed with the after taste from the day before, I had to go back to drinking chemical-infested Tennants just because it's lighter.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i had a funny turn and decided to buy nanny state, cos i was in the mood for a few beers and had to drive.

i had a nice beer first, then cracked open the nanny state. it's fucking disgusting.

i wonder if there are any decent low/non alcohol beers in the world?

it seems strange that in this day and age nobody has managed to make any beers that taste remotely decent without having much alcohol in them. when ever i bring this up in conversation people call me a poof or something...but it's a fucking legitimate requirement. sometimes a man wants to drink beer and drive on the same night. many would argue that one should keep the two mutually exclusive but at 1% i could very easily and legally drink 3 or 4 beers at tea time and drive home at 11pm.

i had a funny turn and decided to buy nanny state, cos i was in the mood for a few beers and had to drive.

i had a nice beer first, then cracked open the nanny state. it's fucking disgusting.

i wonder if there are any decent low/non alcohol beers in the world?

it seems strange that in this day and age nobody has managed to make any beers that taste remotely decent without having much alcohol in them. when ever i bring this up in conversation people call me a poof or something...but it's a fucking legitimate requirement. sometimes a man wants to drink beer and drive on the same night. many would argue that one should keep the two mutually exclusive but at 1% i could very easily and legally drink 3 or 4 beers at tea time and drive home at 11pm.

I tried alcohol free Becks on Friday. I realise Becks isn't to everyone's taste but I've always liked it. Anyway, this was fucking horrible. I would like to find a good alcohol free beer also. I often end up driving to gigs these days for various reasons and after that pint of shandy getting something to drink other than water is a 'mare. I can't drink soft drinks with caffiene in them too late or I canna sleep.

Guest Gladstone
I tried alcohol free Becks on Friday. I realise Becks isn't to everyone's taste but I've always liked it. Anyway, this was fucking horrible. I would like to find a good alcohol free beer also. I often end up driving to gigs these days for various reasons and after that pint of shandy getting something to drink other than water is a 'mare. I can't drink soft drinks with caffiene in them too late or I canna sleep.

I drank a couple of those alcohol free becks a wee while ago and thought they were nae bad actually.

It's the only alcohol free beer I've ever tried.

I do remember back when I was far too young to drink that people used to stock Tennent's LA in their houses and we were allowed to drink one at New Year and the like. I remember it tasting pretty shit but I definitely drank the whole thing thinking I was THE MAN.

If you're ever in Elgin there's a shop in the town centre that sells about 10 different types of Brewdog. Cana mind the name of it though. Something McPhail?

Gordon and MacPhail?

They're an independant whisky bottler based up there, imagine they sell bottled ales as well.

At Stade de France for Scotland vs France in the 6 nations a couple of years ago the whole stag party I was with bought 2 rounds of non-alcoholic lager by mistake (didn't realise alcohol was banned in French stadia). It was fucking baltic and we could have been drinking coffee instead :moody:

I'm currently drinking a bottle of Bashah I picked up yesterday. Definitely one of the nicer Brewdog beers I've had, not been overly impressed with some of the ones I've had in the past but this one is great. Very drinkable for a strong, dark beer.

Where did you get that one Chris? Haven't tried it yet! Must do so.....

Just ordered a case of the Hardcore IPA.

Where did you get that one Chris? Haven't tried it yet! Must do so.....

Just ordered a case of the Hardcore IPA.

They had some in the Deeside Drinks Emporium in Banchory. It's a new shop across from the Bellview car park, owned by the same guys that have Dunnottar Wines and Spirits in Stoney.