aberdeen-music

Brewdog WINS!!

framheim

Took a friend to Brewdog's Musa in Aberdeen last night. Really great food, terrific steaks but the poor musician doing a solo spot had a diifficult audience. We were the only ones who applauded.

Wasn't Steven Milne playing last night?

Not really suprised to be honest. Don't expect people in a restaurant to care about the music that's playing. They're there to eat, not to go to a gig.

Took a friend to Brewdog's Musa in Aberdeen last night. Really great food, terrific steaks but the poor musician doing a solo spot had a diifficult audience. We were the only ones who applauded.

Maybe Brewdog should get their staff to discretely applaud from behind the counter, upstairs etc and get the diners started in appreciating the music. I hate to see a musician's efforts not being recognised.

To be honest - having played there - I don't think it's all that important whether or not people clap in such a restaurant environment. I feel people can enjoy the music without having to make such a direct gesture; the absence of clapping doesn't necessarily indicate the absence of interest or pleasure.

That said, I'm sure your applause was appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Just seen this and looking back at my Ical would suggest - aye - twas me!

To the guys who applauded -thanks as it helped!

Ive actually stopped doing the gigs at Musa - did a few but i found it to end up being a pretty hard slog.

Dont get me wrong - love the place and Im totally happy to be background at these type of things when people are eating etc.

The first time i did it there was a lovely couple in who were really sweet and asked for CDs etc and it was a nice atmosphere.

But i just found on my 3rd/4th visit when it was dead quiet that it was a touch soul destroying to play for 2 hours there.

The last one i did particularly soul destroying so i havent been back but i also havent been asked back - they could maybe tell my heart wasnt 100% in it. Not that im not professional but i think at one point you wouldnt have even known the guitar was plugged in and i think its more suited to noodling piano than my stuff.

But yeah, the applause was VERY appreciated on that occasion.

• 6 months later...

http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article/diageo-v-brewdog

I'd started to get a bit fed up of Brewdog recently because they seem to have created this army of annoying as fuck fanboys who can't talk about anything but Brewdog and who feel it necessary to drop them into every conversation or facebook post like they're paid for product placement, but that's a pretty shady move by Diageo!

• Upvote 1

I feel the same way as Spoonie about the fanboys. The new beers are nice though.

That aside, that blog post was written really well, right until he started acting like a peeky fucking 5-year-old. I understand that it's a shitty thing to happen, but pick your fucking toys up.

As for Diageo' date=' once you cut through the glam veneer of pseudo corporate responsibility this incident shows them to be a band of dishonest hammerheads and dumb ass corporate freaks. No soul and no morals, with the integrity of a rabid dog [b']and the style of a wart hog.

Perhaps more tellingly it is an unwitting microcosm for just how the beer industry is changing and just how scared and jealous the gimp-like establishment are of the craft beer revolutionaries.

What a fucking wanker.

xx

But for Tesco, who are one of the worst organisations in the country, ethically.

Up the punx.

meh, they've always said they want their style of beer to become the mainstream, it'd be silly not to sell it to supermarkets. but yea, tesco, boo. (still shop there though).

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Inspired by a Tesco being built in St. Albans and basically undercutting all local shops and running smaller grocery stores in the community to the ground.

consise bullet points. thanks for filling us all in.

• Upvote 1

I would like to apologise to the readers of this thread for (somehow) provoking a response that is a video of Enter Shikari.

Seems I didn't realise they had the UK's most important and pressing socioeconomic issues laced within their unique brand of Post-hardcore,[1] trancecore,[2] metalcore[3] (thanks Wikipedia).

• Upvote 2