aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Celtic are in fact better than around 70% of the clubs which compete in European club competition, so logic follows that all the clubs worse than them don't deserve to be playing in Europe either. You would much prefer to see European club competition scaled down to a small elite would you?

You mean Celtic have more money at their disposal than around 70% of the clubs who compete in European club competition?

I would prefer to see clubs who play well progress in European competition. I particularly like to see "smaller" teams who play with a high level of passion, skill and commitment and who exceed all expectations to progress. Teams such as Aalborg or FBK Kaunas.

Celtic did not deserve to progress in European competition this season because of their slack defensive play, lack of offensive imagination and the fact that they simply did not have the required bottle. This has been admitted to an extent by the players, the manager and most Celtic fans I know.

And that's it done and dusted, just a formality really.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Newcastle | Kinnear stays for rest of season

Can't say I'm 100% sold on Kinnear as a manager but even a manager of limited ability should be able to keep a squad with the likes of Owen, Coloccini, Given, Beye and Gutierrez in the Premiership. Besides, who the hell else were we gonna get? Gerry Francis?

Here's to a stunning 16th place finish. 'Mon the mediocrity! :up:

Luckily the 60 odd prelim papers I need to mark will mean I miss all tv/radio/internet coverage of Celtic v. ICT.

We've been playing brilliantly away from home and I expect us to push Celtic... but I just know I'll be raging at another shite refereeing performance, which costs us the points.

If we only get beat by one goal I won't be too unhappy. A draw or win and i'll be absolutely over the moon :)

Just before this photo Ross Tokely pointed his finger at Fernandez and said "Bang!" :up:

8059.photo.3.jpg

Cracking game between Hearts and The Unwashed just now... Hearts 2-1 up, but the best bit was Kris Boyd terrible celebration after trying to claim Heart's own goal as his own... somewhere between Robbie Keane and Shooter McGavin from Happy Gilmore.

How cold is out there tonight eh. Frost as thick as snow on the motors

Nice win for Utd today. Glad we pushed on with that rather than dropping points and losing ground on Hearts. I would say i'm glad they beat Rangers though, despite Hearts being the only other club in the SPL that i can't stand. Nice to see Aberdeen breathing down our necks too, always nice to have a bit of a race for the UEFA places on the cards. Hopefully Hearts will slip up and Dundee Utd and Aberdeen will get the spots. If we avoid losing anyone integral in January or the summer i think we could possibly get a good run out of the squad we have now.

It is so cold i think i may have lost a testicle when i went for a piss earlier. Either that or one of them has disappeared so far inside me that it ain't keen on coming out. I feel uncomfortable :down: