aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

To what? Uefa cup wasn't even secured if you scraped a draw.

At least it'll be back to winning ways when you play ICT on saturday :down:

Is it really 1 point in 54 for away Euro games!?

All I was thinking about after Robson scored was just winning the game and finally getting that away win in the Champions League. We made a proper cunt of that though...

Celtic don't deserve European football, not with such a poor record.

When they can actually perform away from home is when they deserve to be in with the best of Europe.

It's actually embarrassing.

Surely winning our league means we should be entitled to European football, or do you want stricter criteria than that?

Surely winning our league means we should be entitled to European football, or do you want stricter criteria than that?

Well, as the SPL have proven so far, it has done an embarassing job of representing itself in Europe this season. Their automatic seeding should be taken away and even if one of the two only teams that could ever possibly win the SPL are victorious, they should still have to go through a preliminary round, like all the other lesser known league champions (such as FBK Kaunas!). I think that should prove whether or not they deserve it. It's pretty easy for Celtic to win a two horse race because the league is shit, and the difference in quality between the top two and the other 10 is a mile wide.

Most leagues have their top 2/3/4 usual suspects, but it's one of very few leagues that, even before we're halfway through the season, the gap between 2nd and 3rd is as ridiculous as it is.

Well, as the SPL have proven so far, it has done an embarassing job of representing itself in Europe this season. Their automatic seeding should be taken away and even if one of the two only teams that could ever possibly win the SPL are victorious, they should still have to go through a preliminary round, like all the other lesser known league champions (such as FBK Kaunas!). I think that should prove whether or not they deserve it. It's pretty easy for Celtic to win a two horse race because the league is shit, and the difference in quality between the top two and the other 10 is a mile wide.

Most leagues have their top 2/3/4 usual suspects, but it's one of very few leagues that, even before we're halfway through the season, the gap between 2nd and 3rd is as ridiculous as it is.

The truth.

Winning the league or coming second should allow you the opportunity to qualify but does not mean you deserve to be there. Not one Celtic player last night deserved to progress any further in European competition. Rank rotten and deservedly papped oot (by crap)

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I'm sure the medicine tastes disgusting... You know last minute goals against opposition... About time I have to say.

You support The Blue Half Of The Cancer Of Scottish Football, so it's not like you mob shaft teams left, right and centre with dodgy last-minute goals/kid-on penalties or anything is it?

For the record, I hate The Green Half Of The Cancer Of Scottish Football just as much. The pair of you have been a fucking disgrace in Europe and it's been fantastic to see you both get what you deserve, the square root of fuck all.

:laughing:

:up:

You support The Blue Half Of The Cancer Of Scottish Football, so it's not like you mob shaft teams left, right and centre with dodgy last-minute goals/kid-on penalties or anything is it?

:laughing:

Ha. I'm not going to deny any of that...

But just when you think Celtic might drop some points somewhere somehow they always manage to get the whole 3 points. That's all. :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Ha. I'm not going to deny any of that...

But just when you think Celtic might drop some points somewhere somehow they always manage to get the whole 3 points. That's all. :up:

Come off it! You lot are well-schooled in the daylight robbery stakes.

While I'm in the mood, Arbroath beat Rangers 4-3 at Gayfield back in, ooh, 1882 I think it was. The Huns sent a protest telegram to the SFA stating "beaten on a back green". Sure enough, the pitch width was a few yards short of regulation. The game was replayed at Ibrox, where Rangers won 8-1.

Moral of the story? You've always been a bunch of moaning cunts...

Come off it! You lot are well-schooled in the daylight robbery stakes.

While I'm in the mood, Arbroath beat Rangers 4-3 at Gayfield back in, ooh, 1882 I think it was. The Huns sent a protest telegram to the SFA stating "beaten on a back green". Sure enough, the pitch width was a few yards short of regulation. The game was replayed at Ibrox, where Rangers won 8-1.

Moral of the story? You've always been a bunch of moaning cunts...

Hahaha. That's a good story! I must remember that one.

The truth.

Winning the league or coming second should allow you the opportunity to qualify but does not mean you deserve to be there. Not one Celtic player last night deserved to progress any further in European competition. Rank rotten and deservedly papped oot (by crap)

Agreed. Aalborg deserve the 3rd place though. The underdogs of the group by a mile, but they played like they wanted it, where as Celtic played both games against them looking like they expected the win, but the complacency got them nothing.

Celtic's anti-football at Parkhead against ManYoo was just grating to watch. It was akin to a non-league side being fixed up against a Premier League club in a domestic cup, keeping everyone in their own third just hoping not to be embarassed. Not what a League winning side with automatic Champions League qualification should be playing like. Embarassing.

Celtic have been shite in Europe this season - total shite.

Scottish teams in Europe have been disappointing this season.

Now all everyone has to think about is the mundane of the domestic fixtures.......... Hopefully the mighty Dons can put one over Motherwell on Saturday..... Can we win 3 home games in a row? Fucking right we can!

I really hope so, although with the rugby probably cutting the pitch to fuck at Todders, Motherwell will be more at home on it than we will given last seasons Fir Park debacle.

Aye, let's get the excuses in early! Hopefully Murrawell will be as gash as they were last weekend. My mates away this weekend so again I am obliged to attend on his season ticket. .

The truth.

Celtic are in fact better than around 70% of the clubs which compete in European club competition, so logic follows that all the clubs worse than them don't deserve to be playing in Europe either. You would much prefer to see European club competition scaled down to a small elite would you?