aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

All provoked my good man. And they all stem from people caring too much about me not recognising Darren Mackie. Strange huh? Maybe people just shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves.

Anyway, we did try and move on but people like Adam, Treader and you keep bringing it up.

Football, it ain't cricket. :up:

You did get mighty defensive and tell us all your life story, tbf.

I miss The Wasteland.

Anyhoo, Alkaline's financial/mental status has touched on an important issue I feel, namely how fucking expensive it is to go to the football these days.

Since the birth of my son some 20 months ago I've only been to see the Dons once, mainly because it's just ridiculously expensive, and I would say I make a relatively decent wage. But if it's the choice between paying 30 to watch the Dons for an hour and a half or spend 30 on my son, then my son will win every time, if that makes me less of a Dons fan then so be it.

I can't be bothered reading all the back stories here, but I wouldn't recognise Darren Mackie if I saw him in the street - and I went to Easter Road and Tynecastle recently to watch a couple of Dons matches.

I've asked Santa for an 2008/09 AFC calendar to rectify this situation.

He's that fast he usually just looks like a red blur

I can't be bothered reading all the back stories here, but I wouldn't recognise Darren Mackie if I saw him in the street - and I went to Easter Road and Tynecastle recently to watch a couple of Dons matches.

I've asked Santa for an 2008/09 AFC calendar to rectify this situation.

Hang on - the Dazzler scored in both those games!

I know - but unfortunately my vision isn't such that I can permanently remember someone's face after they've scored a goal 100m away from where I'm sitting. If only there were close up slow-motion replays in real life :)

Disappointing. I just assumed that due to his total lack of positional sense and his gift for perpetual motion he must have got fairly close to you at some point.

I know - but unfortunately my vision isn't such that I can permanently remember someone's face after they've scored a goal 100m away from where I'm sitting. If only there were close up slow-motion replays in real life :)

I have to step in here and confirm that, at Tynecastle at least, Mackie's goal was at the other end of the stadium, it could have been anybody for all you could see from where the Dons fans were sitting.

No need if Montrose clean up the division though!

LP on Saturday?

:up:

good one! stenny on sons have it in the bag

fuck aye for saturday, ive picked up a dose of shin splints from playing football 7 times a week for the last few months so nae match on Sunday Morning, which means pre game pints in the legion

ps. supporters club race night on friday night at LP if you fancy it, i have a spare ticket now too if ye want it??

Perfect game to get Maguire through the middle. Fresh from Scotland U21 excitement and a Celtic fan at that...

Aye, some quality opportunities on the counter attack for him to do his trademark "run very fast directly at someone twice his size and get eased off the ball like he's not even there" move.