aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Gordon hasn't played for about 3 or 4 weeks, due to an ankle injury.

It'll probably be a 4-5-1 most of the game, but it's handy to have attacking midfielders like Faddy and Commons to attack, when we get the chance.

Broadfoot has played at left back for both Rangers and St Mirren, but very rarely. Perhaps it is to test out how he does against players who look to cut inside; as Van Persie or Robben would do from the right side perhaps for Holland.

Who knows...? Maybe i'm wrong. Just don't shoot the messanger.

Shut it armchair boy, you just got served big time.

Not even slightly. He missed my point. I wasn't saying that he wasn't a fan or anything. He just launched into one of his "holier than thou" rants again. A bit OTT in my opinion. The boy doesn't like being taken to task on something he likes to think he's a statto at. I honestly could've picked anyone from the 3rd Division and Maxi would've claimed he knew who he was regardless, in fact he's probably had a chat with George Burley about a few players in the 3rd over a Bovril whilst sitting right behind the dug-out like a 12th man at the last Montrose game.

I don't need to tell everyone what i do and don't know about football and harp on about grass-roots pish every two minutes to get a point across.

I have a terrible memory for faces unless you're a cunt, in which case it's a no-brainer. I don't see why it's bizarre that i can't remember what Darren Mackie looks like when i have no interest in Aberdeen FC at all, other than beating them twice already this season. I unfortunately don't need to store facial profiles of all 100+ SPL footballers to keep my life ticking over. My mind is not a Panini sticker album.

Gordon hasn't played for about 3 or 4 weeks, due to an ankle injury.

It'll probably be a 4-5-1 most of the game, but it's handy to have attacking midfielders like Faddy and Commons to attack, when we get the chance.

Broadfoot has played at left back for both Rangers and St Mirren, but very rarely. Perhaps it is to test out how he does against players who look to cut inside; as Van Persie or Robben would do from the right side perhaps for Holland.

Ahh, i was wondering why Fulop had been playing at Sunderland.

Yeah, at least with those two on the wings it's more of an attacking prospect than the days of Lee McCulloch and Gary Teale on the wings.

I think you're right about the cutting inside stuff, he'll have a torrid time against players like that in the Dutch team if he isn't as mobile on both feet.

Broadfoot left back is what I heard. Not sure about it myself though...

Are Jamie McAllister and Gary Naysmith injured..? I notice they are still in the squad.

Don't think so. Surely an average left back is better at left back than an average right back?!

Terry Butcher's a bit of a dick isn't he?

It's this statement that makes me question your support for Dundee Utd ;)

Well i have been supporting Dundee United for longer than you've been alive.

What i meant by that statement was that i have no interest in what your players look like, what they eat, who they go out with, where they live and who they are mates with. At the end of the day they are just guys who we have fucked over twice already this season because they simply weren't good enough. I enjoy the rivalry but beyond the plethora of ex-Utd players that we deemed not good enough (aside from Kerr, i'd happily have him back) i'm not much interested in what you do. So long as you finish below us in the league again. ;)

Well i have been supporting Dundee United for longer than you've been alive.

What i meant by that statement was that i have no interest in what your players look like, what they eat, who they go out with, where they live and who they are mates with. At the end of the day they are just guys who we have fucked over twice already this season because they simply weren't good enough. I enjoy the rivalry but beyond the plethora of ex-Utd players that we deemed not good enough (aside from Kerr, i'd happily have him back) i'm not much interested in what you do. So long as you finish below us in the league again. ;)

Ach come on Phil, it was a joke. As you've just proved with your droning on about your "rejects", the Jutes have a very amusing obsession with AFC - that was all I was on about. But if you want to go down the tiresome "more than you've had hot dinners" road, I've probably been to more United games than you have, despite my lesser years. More Bayern games too, for the record, and we're probably even on Spurs games.

Kudos on being born before me though :)

Ach come on Phil, it was a joke. As you've just proved with your droning on about your "rejects", the Jutes have a very amusing obsession with AFC - that was all I was on about. But if you want to go down the "more than you've had hot dinners" road, I've probably been to more United games than you have, despite my lesser years. More Bayern games too, for the record, and we're probably even on Spurs games.

Kudos for being born before me though :)

You've got rich parents and no overheads though. Oh to be young and carefree ;)

I'd also say i'm hardly "droning on" about rejects. It's one sentence in a paragraph in one post in one thread. Not really droning. I did say we'd have Kerr back as well.

You've got rich parents and no overheads though. Oh to be young and carefree though ;)

Clearly you've used all that spare time you gained by not going to games to research my family background and my parents' finances. Good stuff :)

After the "older than you" pish and the "you're middle class" pish(which also included some "older than you" pish), you must have exhausted all your usual sources of "banter", eh?

You've got rich parents and no overheads though. Oh to be young and carefree ;)

WOE IS ME. :laughing: what a fucking dreep you can be at times

if you dont like being skint (lets face it, every 2nd myspace bulletin you send has some kind of greetin' about it) go get a job with a bigger, better company that pays you more to watch telly, argue with people on forums and chat up the cafe staff.

trying to patronise Calum about his living circumstances is NOT going to make you feel better about it, just makes you come across like a right bellend

Actually I'm delighted to be informed that I have rich parents - I may have to pay a visit to Bruce Millar's with my top hat on and call certain staff members "my good man". Only if Pater can give me a lift, mind.

I detect a hint of Pikey Jute Mink jealousy ;)

(nae offence to any actual Dundonians that read that last bit, by the way)

WOE IS ME. :laughing: what a fucking dreep you can be at times

if you dont like being skint (lets face it, every 2nd myspace bulletin you send has some kind of greetin' about it) go get a job with a bigger, better company that pays you more to watch telly, argue with people on forums and chat up the cafe staff.

trying to patronise Calum about his living circumstances is NOT going to make you feel better about it, just makes you come across like a right bellend

If only it was that easy. What cafe staff do i chat up? Interesting...

Better than being a cunt anyway.

Actually I'm delighted to be informed that I have rich parents - I may have to pay a visit to Bruce Millar's with my top hat on and call certain staff members "my good man". Only if Pater can give me a lift, mind.

I detect a hint of Pikey Jute Mink jealousy ;)

(nae offence to any actual Dundonians that read that last bit, by the way)

When you have finally crawled out of your parents house, got a real job, made a ton of mistakes in life and taken on a little more than is comfortable financially then you can come bleating to me with your tail between your legs.

'Til then stay in your cozy wee home in the posh suburbs with Mom and Pop and shut the fuck up. :up:

If only it was that easy. What cafe staff do i chat up? Interesting...

Better than being a cunt anyway.

I dunno if you actually do chat up staff or not, and funnily enough I don't really care...

it actually is easy to get off your arse and get a new job. people do it frequently.

I may well be a c**t in your eyes (and others), but I'm certainly not a miserable c**t. and if I was, I would do something to change it :)

anyways, unless you have any hillarious witty retort; I'd like to move back to football, only so much arguing like a child on the internet I can take these days :up: ....

When you have finally crawled out of your parents house, got a real job, made a ton of mistakes in life and taken on a little more than is comfortable financially then you can come bleating to me with your tail between your legs.

'Til then stay in your cozy wee home in the posh suburbs with Mom and Pop and shut the fuck up. :up:

Wrap up, Phil. You're the one who brought up this heap of irrelevant bollocks in an effort to win an imaginary argument. Now you're the one who appears to be having a tantrum over it. The part where you threaten me probably comes next - feel free to do it via PM rather than throwing any more embarassingly public hissy fits.

I dunno if you actually do chat up staff or not, and funnily enough I don't really care...

it actually is easy to get off your arse and get a new job. people do it frequently.

I may well be a c**t in your eyes (and others), but I'm certainly not a miserable c**t. and if I was, I would do something to change it :)

anyways, unless you have any hillarious witty retort; I'd like to move back to football, only so much arguing like a child on the internet I can take these days :up: ....

You cared enough to mention it in the first place.

It isn't actually "easy" to get off your arse and get a new job in the current financial climate. Very few companies are taking on new staff right now.

I am struggling to get a job through the following reasons:

a. I have no experience relating to my degree meaning that any job i could take would result in a massive drop in wages which is not economically viable for me and all the others are outwith my level of experience.

b. I am over qualified for a lot of other jobs these days and in a lot of circumstances i've been told i'm not suitable for a position because there were doubts that i would use the job as a stepping stone to another very quickly making me non-viable to a lot of companies, despite my protestations otherwise.

c. I can't afford to go back to University or College to re-train. Unfortunately the government don't deem it necessary to actually help people who want to work.

I've tried many avenues and applied for a lot of things over the past 6 months. So much so that i am now suffering quite badly from depression (not joke depression or how you feel when Montrose lose either) and low self-esteem. Believe me when i say that it's actually enough for me to get up these days.

There is no help for single, white men under 30 or if there is i'm not seeing it. Prices keep going up, wages (certainly in my case) don't. I honestly don't know where my next meal is coming from sometimes.

It's interesting that you seem to think that i'm not doing anything about it seen as though you've never asked.

So i'm afraid there's no witty retort, just abject apathy towards something i'm overly fed up with and the cards out on the table for all to see. Feel free to delete me on myspace if you don't want to read my bulletins either, i'm not particularly bothered.

It's not all fun and games out there for everyone. Some people don't get all the luck.

Wrap up, Phil. You're the one who brought up this heap of irrelevant bollocks in an effort to win an imaginary argument. Now you're the one who appears to be having a tantrum over it. The part where you threaten me probably comes next - feel free to do it via PM rather than throwing any more embarassingly public hissy fits.

No, i said i didn't know what Darren Mackie looked like. Then everyone started moaning at me. Bit odd don't you think?

By the way, it's Bruce Millers ;)