aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Who the fuck is Derek Carcary?

An obscure lower division footballer Alkaline looked up in a vain effort to claw back some of the credibility he lost in failing to recognise a Scottish footballing legend / a player Alkaline made up in a vain effort to claw back some of the credibility he lost in failing to recognise a Scottish footballing legend.

:laughing:

quite easily.

What a fucking surprise. There's no way you'd admit to not being able to regardless so that you could save face on the internet. In fact the only reason you probably know who is is because you have been sitting on Football Manager '09 for the past three days solid rubbing one out over him after signing him to bolster the Mighty Montrose FCs chances of promotion ;)

I don't give a rats hoop what some sub-standard donkey legged cunt who plays for a team i'm not even remotely interested in looks like.

Calum, shut the fuck up. He's shit.

Perhaps, but I do believe United wanted him as part of the Lee Miller deal. Only reason it didn't work out was because Dazzler didn't want to leave the mighty Dons.

And that's you telt. :)

Moving on from the "legend" that is Darren mackie, does anybody know any pubs where I can watch the game against the Huns on Saturday from a dodgy satellite hook-up?

Calum, shut the fuck up. He's shit.

But I love him anyway. Despite being a player of very limited ability, he's come up with some memorable goals and he plays with commitment and aggression. I suspect you may just be bitter because he knocked "your" boy Lucio about something savage at Pittodrie.

Settle down now :)

What a fucking surprise. There's no way you'd admit to not being able to regardless so that you could save face on the internet. In fact the only reason you probably know who is is because you have been sitting on Football Manager '09 for the past three days solid rubbing one out over him after signing him to bolster the Mighty Montrose FCs chances of promotion ;)

Aye good one. Fans in the 3rd division are just as passionate (arguably more!) as fans from other divisions.

Given he is one of Dumbartons decent players and my team play against dumbarton Im going to get to know his face. Over the past 2/3 seasons I got to a lot of games, where I buy programmes, I interact with Dumbarton fans on a daily basis on p&b / chat away at/before/after home/away games, I generally get to know the names and faces of prominent players.

Just like loads of people do with Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic etc The difference being we dont have the armchair & telly, youtube footage, countless websites/news stories etc etc

When you actually go and watch "your" team Bayern Munich the next time they come to Aberdeen or get along to Pittodrie / Tannadice every now and again; I'll maybe be able to have a serious conversation about football with you, but in the meantime get right to fuck.

Aye good one. Fans in the 3rd division are just as passionate (arguably more!) as fans from other divisions.

Given he is one of Dumbartons decent players and my team play against dumbarton Im going to get to know his face. Over the past 2/3 seasons I got to a lot of games, where I buy programmes, I interact with Dumbarton fans on a daily basis on p&b / chat away at/before/after home/away games, I generally get to know the names and faces of prominent players.

Just like loads of people do with Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic etc The difference being we dont have the armchair & telly, youtube footage, countless websites/news stories etc etc

When you actually go and watch "your" team Bayern Munich the next time they come to Aberdeen or get along to Pittodrie / Tannadice every now and again; I'll maybe be able to have a serious conversation about football with you, but in the meantime get right to fuck.

What a clown.

Yadadadada... I hacked down Bob Malcolm... no, you're a clown... no, you're a clown etc etc.

Interesting squad lineup for tomorrow's game against Argentina from what i've heard.

McGregor

Hutton

McManus

Caldwell

Broadfoot (LB?)

Brown

Ferguson

Hartley (possibly Robson)

McFadden

Iwelumo

Commons

Commons has been brilliant in the last couple of matches i've seen him in, so looking forward to him putting on a similar show hopefully. Iwelumo will cause problems; i'd love him to get a goal to get rid of THAT miss from his mind.

It's going to be a loooong day at work on thursday, since E.T.A in Aberdeen is 3am :down:

Yadadadada... I hacked down Bob Malcolm... no, you're a clown... no, you're a clown etc etc.

Interesting squad lineup for tomorrow's game against Argentina from what i've heard.

McGregor

Hutton

McManus

Caldwell

Broadfoot (LB?)

Brown

Ferguson

McFadden

Iwelumo

Commons

Commons has been brilliant in the last couple of matches i've seen him in, so looking forward to him putting on a similar show hopefully. Iwelumo will cause problems; i'd love him to get a goal to get rid of THAT miss from his mind.

It's going to be a loooong day at work on thursday, since E.T.A in Aberdeen is 3am :down:

Broadfoot at Left Back? You made that up.

All three strikers scored at the weekend - it's gonna be a goalfest! :up:

McGregor

Hutton

McManus

Caldwell

Broadfoot (LB?)

Brown

Ferguson

McFadden

Iwelumo

Commons

That'll probably end up 4-5-1 right?

Has Broadfoot not played at LB for Rangers before? Hutton is definitely before him in the pecking order at RB (in my opinion of course) but he hasn't played bad at all considering he's of fairly limited ability.

Iwelumo certainly deserves a second chance and you're right, Commons does seem to have been a bit of a find.

Is Craig Gordon injured or is Burley just giving McGregor a run out?

Enjoy the game. I'll no doubt be flicking through this and the England B Vs Germany B game that is on the other side.