aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

good one! stenny on sons have it in the bag

fuck aye for saturday, ive picked up a dose of shin splints from playing football 7 times a week for the last few months so nae match on Sunday Morning, which means pre game pints in the legion

ps. supporters club race night on friday night at LP if you fancy it, i have a spare ticket now too if ye want it??

Can't do the Friday night, (practise), but I'll see you in the legion at half 2 on Saturday.

:up:

I did always have the feeling they could have torn us apart if they wanted to, but we did play some nice football at times as well. Disappointed we didn't test their keeper more as he looked dodgy as...

Yon midget left back going down in front of the linesman when no challenge was made was a disgrace. He did seem rather shaken by the abuse he got afterwards... don't think he played a decent pass at all after the booing started.

Saying that, given it was right in front of the linesman, and he gave the foul, he should be shot.

around the 94/95 when we went up at Cowden was the best team we had for a long time and is still looked at as a "glory" time. When younger, we used to get free tickets to home games frequently through Bo Boys FC / School team and at a later point when Mo Youths FC was amalgamated. I never went to the amount of games I go to now, but we still got along quite frequently. I think if the club had the "community" feel it has now through the associated youth ranks, there would have been more of us along at every game

The hallowed mcglashan / kennedy partnership, both were banging em in and we have havent had a partnership that has been as good since. Good induvidual guys like Stevie Laidlaw, Craig Smart (best of a terrible bunch) and in recent times Baird and to some extent Michie were good at scoring, but none of them can really work a good partnership like Kennedy & McGlashan did. I remember getting to Caddy for Kennedy at the Pro Am and being gutted that he smoked and drank round the course :laughing: It was also great to have a chat with Davie Larter recently at the Legends do,an incredible servant to the club and was a great goalkeeper.

you are right about "that" defence, totally struck fear into people :D