aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Last House On The Left:

Possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen. A group of maniacs being psychopaths for the sake of it. No real explanation as to why they go around chibbing and raping folk, but they do. Anyway, they stab some girl, then rape her mate, and shoot her in the neck. Then they pretend they've broken down and ask to stay in some couples cabin. Turns out the couple are the parents of the girl who got raped. One of them finds outs, and it descends into a ridiculous fight scene, where the couple are weak as piss, yet the baddies survive several stabs in the chest, bullets in the torso and even being clubbed around a bit by glass bottles and kitchen hardware. The lass who was raped and shot returns to the cabin, because she's just well hard. The father of the lass teaches the main baddie a lesson by paralzying him and microwaving his head until it explodes. Fuck me. 0 out of 10.

Point! .

ha ha

Squirrel!?

Moon

I really enjoyed this, for me one of those films where everything just meshes to give a perfect viewing experience - fantastic acting, visually stunning, amazing soundtrack, intriguing plot........ 10/10.

I have this at home and started watching with someone, but think they were getting bored, so switched off for some serious 1/1 viewing.....I'm a bowie fan and knowing ziggy/starman infuences he must of had on his son think it would be really good....will watch soon as it sounds ace!

Eden Lake - Not what I expected, I actually really liked it. Couple goes for a romantic camping on a lake which is due to have houses built on it, only to be terrorised by a bunch of young local chav's. British film which was really quite brutal and gross.....not something I normally cringe at but was through the film.

Really quite enjoyed it.

Last House On The Left:

Possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen. A group of maniacs being psychopaths for the sake of it. No real explanation as to why they go around chibbing and raping folk, but they do. Anyway, they stab some girl, then rape her mate, and shoot her in the neck. Then they pretend they've broken down and ask to stay in some couples cabin. Turns out the couple are the parents of the girl who got raped. One of them finds outs, and it descends into a ridiculous fight scene, where the couple are weak as piss, yet the baddies survive several stabs in the chest, bullets in the torso and even being clubbed around a bit by glass bottles and kitchen hardware. The lass who was raped and shot returns to the cabin, because she's just well hard. The father of the lass teaches the main baddie a lesson by paralzying him and microwaving his head until it explodes. Fuck me. 0 out of 10.

I assume this is the remake, as it sounds slightly different to the original, which is one of the worst films I ever had the misfortune of seeing utter balls.

Finally got round to finishing Iron man, which I started watching about a year ago. Surprisingly good.

Last House On The Left:

Sounds like the remake which I also disliked, the original is a typically dated early-70's job directed by Wes Craven. His first film actually. It's better but depends on your tolerance level for such things. A bit like the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre...reputation through video nasty furore etc inevitably leads to a bit of 'what was the fuss about?'. Especially when compared to Hostel, Martyrs and such like that are released without much fuss these days.

Went to see Nowhere Boy at the weekend with the missus, have to admit it was quite a good film that told part of John Lennon's life pretty well, although with the missus being a fan, she was a bit disappointed about how he was portrayed, thought the McCartney portrayal was good though. No mention of Cynthia either.

All in all a good film with a good rock n roll soundtrack

Elite Squad, much crypto fascist Killer Brazilian cop action, I would't mess with the BOPE. Typical line; "you pothead scum, this is all your fault" *shoots/pummels victim*

A Very Brady Sequel, almost as immense as the first one, that is to say, very immense.

That film with Russell Brand where I hoped he would be shit, but he's alright, if admittedly playing himself, not really acting.

Sounds like the remake which I also disliked, the original is a typically dated early-70's job directed by Wes Craven. His first film actually. It's better but depends on your tolerance level for such things. A bit like the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre...reputation through video nasty furore etc inevitably leads to a bit of 'what was the fuss about?'. Especially when compared to Hostel, Martyrs and such like that are released without much fuss these days.

I didn't have any problem with my tolerence level, and despite being similarly low budget I really like the original TCM (remake was OK too). But LHOTL was just utter balls, there were wierd slapstick bits in it if memory serves? It was about 6 years ago that i watched it, bought the "unrated" version in the States and thankfully managed to flip it on ebay as I have no desie to see it again. Apparently the bit where they force her to piss herself is against some BBFC rule so it's cut here.

I watched Speed Racer recently, I'd read a lot of mixed reviews about it but decided to go into it with an open mind. I really, really enjoyed it. Visually it's just absolutely stunning, it's almost entirely CG but with human actors, and every single surface is splashed with flourescent greens, purples, oranges, yellows etc. It's like a living cartoon, all flashy lights and bright colours. If you gave a kid 6 bags of Skittles to eat, plus 6 cans of Mountain Dew, and a bunch of Chupa Chup lollipops, and then shook him till he vomited, that's what this film looks like.

The race sequences are exhilarating, if entirely unbelievable - again very cartoony, but in a good way. It also has bizarre fantasy sequences, like a little boy and his pet monkey randomly doing kung-fu, or riding a runaway go kart while sitting on the sterring wheel etc. It's just an assualt on the senses, but really really good fun. The baddies are played out like 1940s gangsters as well, all shady with tommy guns and fedoras and shit, which adds a cool dimension.

The downsides are that it's way too long, and for what is effectively a kid's film, it gets really hard to follow the story in places. There's loads of flashbacks and stuff and it can get quite complicated. Plus, it could have done with some tits. Still, it's a fun way to spend two hours.

Rating - ****

Screenshots:

SPEED%20RACER.jpg

speed_racer_movie_image_christina_ricci.jpg

speed-racer-poster24.jpg

A Very Brady Sequel, almost as immense as the first one, that is to say, very immense.

Possibly better IMO, but they are both ace.

There's a third one which is shit.

Meant to say, one of the only interesting things about Last House on the Left is that one of the rapists is played by a guy called David Hess, who wrote the song "Speedy Gonzales":

David Hess - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't have any problem with my tolerence level, and despite being similarly low budget I really like the original TCM (remake was OK too). But LHOTL was just utter balls, there were wierd slapstick bits in it if memory serves? It was about 6 years ago that i watched it, bought the "unrated" version in the States and thankfully managed to flip it on ebay as I have no desie to see it again. Apparently the bit where they force her to piss herself is against some BBFC rule so it's cut here.

Fair enough!

Yeah for some reason they had all the shitty slapstick cops bits, unsure why. Must have been a 70's thing, maaaan.

It's the unrated Region 1 disc I have, I think I read somewhere that the BBFC have relented and the UK DVD is now also uncut.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is an unexpected treat. Brand doesnt exactly push the boundaries of his acting skills but is surprisingly watchable. Two absolute hotties in it as well. Best line: 'when life gives you lemons... just say fuck the lemons and bail'

Watched Whatever Works with Larry David last night. Typical Woody Allen fare. Neurotic New Yorker, relationship problems, implausible plot, odd talking-to-the-audience bits. Not his best, LD is not the greatest actor. The dialogue sounds even more contrived than usual, to the point where it almost comes across as a parody of a Woody Allen film. But, a good way to spend an hour and a half.

Watched Whatever Works with Larry David last night. Typical Woody Allen fare. Neurotic New Yorker, relationship problems, implausible plot, odd talking-to-the-audience bits. Not his best, LD is not the greatest actor. The dialogue sounds even more contrived than usual, to the point where it almost comes across as a parody of a Woody Allen film. But, a good way to spend an hour and a half.

Good find! It was a script that was shelved in the 1970s that he found again, changed a few references to make it relevant and then went straight to filming it. As a big WA/LD fan it was like a wet dream for me. Best chess teacher ever. Pissed me off that it never got a UK cinema release.

Recent highlights or me have been: A Bittersweet Life (Korea, 2005), Inglorious Basterds, Watchmen, Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada.

Eastbound & Down & Arrested Development TV shows have also given me a load to laugh about.

It's the kind of thing that you know is total shit but you just can't help liking.

I know no such thing, its ace, po-mo as hell, but done with warmth. As a wise man once said, "Wherever you go, there you are", (actually, I think it was Teddy Pendergrass said that).

I'll leave you with this seasonal thought, a gift is only a good thing when the giver has given thought to that gift. But when the gift the giver gives gives grief, then that gift should give the givee regrets.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is an unexpected treat. Brand doesnt exactly push the boundaries of his acting skills but is surprisingly watchable. Two absolute hotties in it as well. Best line: 'when life gives you lemons... just say fuck the lemons and bail'

Brand was good in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, when he was effectively playing himself, a preening, arrogant primadonna, but he was total balls in that one he did with Adam Sandler, with the gopher with the big eyes and shit. Terrible. The film sucked pretty bad as well.

That was the one, on Hawaii. Adam Sandler and a gopher with big eyes? you sure Awesome-O 3000 didn't invent that one.

No straight up, it was a Disney film, my girlfriend took me to the cinema to see it. The story was that everything Adam Sandler's kids wished for came true or something like that, like one of them said "Wouldn't it be cool if it started raining gumballs", and lo and behold, it started raining gumballs. Brand played his mate who worked in a hotel with him.

No straight up, it was a Disney film, my girlfriend took me to the cinema to see it. The story was that everything Adam Sandler's kids wished for came true or something like that, like one of them said "Wouldn't it be cool if it started raining gumballs", and lo and behold, it started raining gumballs. Brand played his mate who worked in a hotel with him.

Bedtime Stories...

I watched it over Christmas. Wasn't exactly a testing watch but quite enjoyable!!

I also had my annual viewing of The Wizard of Oz. Amazing as usual. And Mary Poppins was just as good as I remembered.

Oh, I watched Zombie Land at Christmas too. Quite a short film about some nerdy lad who goes through his rules of survival if the earth was plagued by zombies. I enjoyed it. It had Woody whatshisname from Cheers in it, playing some southern macho thug, who was great. Also, very breifly, Bill Murray, pretending to be zombie so people will leave him alone. Certainly one of the better modern zombie films I've seen. I don't like that they can run now though. They are supposed to just hobble about.

Was ill so watched

The land that time forgot fae the olden days....Doug McClure at his best...Bloody loved it...The dinasaurs etc are a bloody joke but yet i still enjoyed it....So much so i then watched The people that time forgot and also really enjoyed it....Good ole fashion adventure storys plus one hour of Ajor is enough for any man :p

28566482-28566485-large.jpg

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

If you liked Brand in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, his character Aldous Snow is getting his own spin-off movie. Can't remember what it's called but Brand will be starring in it, along with Jonah Hill. it has been filmed and it's coming out this year.

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

If you liked Brand in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, his character Aldous Snow is getting his own spin-off movie. Can't remember what it's called but Brand will be starring in it, along with Jonah Hill. it has been filmed and it's coming out this year.

Get Him To The Greek.