aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Paranormal Activity - Very good considering the budget with it being an independent film. From what I heard it was meant to be mega scary but it wasn't that bad to be honest. Apparently Speilberg had to stop watching it midway and continue the next day in the daylight. There was one point that was a bit freaky and I actually got goosebumps, but then again it was quite cold in the cinema. Is that deliberate? If so, cunts. But I'd easily give it 8.5/10.

i just watched "paranormal activity", in my bed, in the dark

that film would have benefitted from either a script or the casting of actors who can improvise convincingly

Agreed, the holes in the acting bugged me, though it was quite clever. Felt on edge alot of the time and really strange afterwards, maybe cause of the ending having no credits, maybe cause i was r8 hungover.

paranormal activity was ruined by watching it in a cinema with teenagers, :swearing:

would've been a better experience minus the wanks surrounding me, total d!cks.

In the new Cineworld by any chance? I've only watched one film in there and I will only be going back to see films rated 18, or at the very least, late night showings. I went to see "Jennifer's Body" in there on a Sunday teatime (it was shit by the way) and a group of about 20 teenagers came in and sat all in one long row a few rows in front of me. They then spent the whole film shouting along the row to each other, throwing things at each other, and generally fucking about. One girl actually answered her fucking phone and proceeded to have a shouted conversation during the movie.

All of which served to remind me why I usually go to the beach one, which is farther away and costs more than the Vue, but worth it to watch a movie in peace (most of the time) :)

Funnily enough when I went to see PA at the new Cineworld, there were a bunch of kids yapping away to my left about a row above. Non-stop throughout the whole film. I was tempted to turn round and shout, "Aye, would you like to shut the fuck up or fuck off?" but then I'd probably get a heap of abuse and be made to look the bad guy 'cos I shouted in the cinema.

It was very tempting though.

Today's lesson - the new Cineworld is going to be frequented only by bratty teenagers who don't give a fuck if they're spoiling the film for you.

I remember going to the old ABC when I was 14 to see Batman Forever, and spending the whole film larking about and throwing Opal Fruits and popcorn at people in the rows in front of me. It seemed like a right laugh at the time but it probably annoyed the living fuck out of everybody in the cinema.

Kids eh? Cunts.

aye a 15 certificate in the new cinema on a friday night, i knew i was playing with fire, not my choice, would've preferred elsewhere but guess it's not until you have a movie ruined that you wisen up. would really have liked some of the staff to quietly tell them to be quiet or ask them to leave but i didn't want to leave the film to go and ask them but i really should've asked for refund or them to be removed. i mean if they police the audience against piracy surely it can't be that hard to police against young knobs.

the film relies on you hearing the "noises" in the night and those ucks destroyed any anticipation/excitement with stupid noises & giggles of their own.

Today's lesson - the new Cineworld is going to be frequented only by bratty teenagers who don't give a fuck if they're spoiling the film for you.

I remember going to the old ABC when I was 14 to see Batman Forever, and spending the whole film larking about and throwing Opal Fruits and popcorn at people in the rows in front of me. It seemed like a right laugh at the time but it probably annoyed the living fuck out of everybody in the cinema.

Kids eh? Cunts.

In saying that, since it was Batman Forever I probably did them a favour by distracting them.

In the new Cineworld by any chance? I've only watched one film in there and I will only be going back to see films rated 18, or at the very least, late night showings. I went to see "Jennifer's Body" in there on a Sunday teatime (it was shit by the way) and a group of about 20 teenagers came in and sat all in one long row a few rows in front of me. They then spent the whole film shouting along the row to each other, throwing things at each other, and generally fucking about. One girl actually answered her fucking phone and proceeded to have a shouted conversation during the movie.

All of which served to remind me why I usually go to the beach one, which is farther away and costs more than the Vue, but worth it to watch a movie in peace (most of the time) :)

That really fucks me off along with people who text during films (can you not leave your phone alone for a couple of hours) and eat/rustle really noisily - there should be a non-eating/kids screen for the serious film watcher

Cinema 2 in the beach Cineworld is ace...so comfy!

In the new Cineworld by any chance? I've only watched one film in there and I will only be going back to see films rated 18, or at the very least, late night showings.

The only movie I've seen there so far was Harry Brown. Nicely, I believe I was the youngest there by about 10 years or so, and the majority of the audience were pensioners. They're the folks you want in your audience if you want peace and quiet.

finally saw frost/nixon this week and wasnt disappointed, also in the loop which was very funny indeed so a good film watching week this week!

Excellent choices there. I was surprised at how good Frost/Nixon was. I expected it to be overly sentimental or ridiculously embellished but it was an absolute treat. Amazing acting all round.

Excellent choices there. I was surprised at how good Frost/Nixon was. I expected it to be overly sentimental or ridiculously embellished but it was an absolute treat. Amazing acting all round.

couldn't agree more, the acting was superb, I really like Michael Sheen anyway, he's fantastic at playing real people - brian clough, kenneth williams, david frost and he does look scarily like tony blair who i think he's played twice. Frank Langella was spot on as Nixon as well and a great supporting cast. Didnt know much about the whole thing, apparently its pretty true to life apart from the late night phone call from a slightly sauced Nixon to Frost before the final interview.

In the loop I was most impressed with, have never watched the thick of it but must investigate now. Again great performances all round and a smashing script, very smart and funny throughout. I thought steve coogan's cameo was hilarious. But pretty much anything Armando Iannucci does get my vote. Just a bunch of fantastic over the top characters, it never got boring once. Malcolm Tucker is a legend!!!!

couldn't agree more, the acting was superb, I really like Michael Sheen anyway, he's fantastic at playing real people - brian clough, kenneth williams, david frost and he does look scarily like tony blair who i think he's played twice. Frank Langella was spot on as Nixon as well and a great supporting cast. Didnt know much about the whole thing, apparently its pretty true to life apart from the late night phone call from a slightly sauced Nixon to Frost before the final interview.

In the loop I was most impressed with, have never watched the thick of it but must investigate now. Again great performances all round and a smashing script, very smart and funny throughout. I thought steve coogan's cameo was hilarious. But pretty much anything Armando Iannucci does get my vote. Just a bunch of fantastic over the top characters, it never got boring once. Malcolm Tucker is a legend!!!!

This is pretty much exactly my opinion on both films. I vaguely knew about the whole Nixon interview affair but nothing about Frost's story so was interesting to see how things went from both sides. One thing I really liked is the fact the film never gets that definitive climactic moment. Even the scene where Nixon gives him a pair of shoes and you expect them to have some sort of denouement, Frost just kinda stands there awkwardly and says very little. If it was really true to Hollywood tradition there'd be swelling strings and a cymbal splash as the two embrace in tears but it all felt very restrained and left to the viewer to interpret.

One of my favourite lines from ITL... 'Of course I've got a fookin phone' ... Classic Coogan.

yes totally it was great to see a film not have the usual namby pampy hollywood over the top bollocks!! but told it as it was. There's nothing worse that a 100 peice orchestra blasting away over actors acting at a snails pace to drain every second of emotion out of the scene. tom hanks films are usually laced with this kind of guff which is why i tend to avoid them!