aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

I have a crush on this guy, there's just soemthing about him! I have had this film for ages and not watched it, this is making me want to now!

It's been sitting in my house unwatched for months, got it cheap in Asda...he's a pretty good actor, I enjoyed The Motorcycle Diaries, Y Tu Mama Tambien and Amores Perros as well.

True Romance: Never gets old, great film, outstanding ensemble cast and one of the best scenes in cinema history (Sicilian heritage)

Absolutely agree - the Walken/Hopper scene is one of theee best set pieces ever committed to celluliod (then converted to digital, of course).

Sweeney Todd

The Tim Burton/Johnny Depp one. I was put off by this when I found out it was a musical. I didn't get why it had to be (only realised last night at end credits it is based on a stage musical, duh!). The missus went to see it in the cinema and like dit so I gave her it as a pressie ages ago, I decided to give it a try after seeing them on Johnny Ross the other week. It's actually OK, looks really good and storyline is not bad. I still think it would have been better as a straight film TBH, I found the sheer number of songs a bit too much. 7/10.

Drag Me to Hell

Quite enjoyable. Alison Lohman plays a bank loans officer who refuses a mortage extension to an old lady who curses her and she spends the remaining movie trying to avoid a demon that is coming for her. Harks back to the knockabout horror of the Evil Dead movies. I'm going to check for randomly hanging anvils whenever I go in a shed. Not really good for sitting eating pizza to. I'm not really that squeamish but an auld wifie spitting yellow grot on a hanky as I'm scoffing a cheese pizza wasn't great. 7/10.

It's an absolute must, if it doesn't blow you away and make your guts wrench by the end you will officially have no soul, no soul at all. Don't read anything about it first though.

On another ace note about it: the Hollywood re-make was finally axed at the end of last year. Which is ace, because it's 110% un-remakable as a big-budget blockbuster.

yeah agreed Oldboy is a fab film, worth a watch!

I thought Visitor Q was up there for being bizarre too

It's been sitting in my house unwatched for months, got it cheap in Asda...he's a pretty good actor, I enjoyed The Motorcycle Diaries, Y Tu Mama Tambien and Amores Perros as well.

I loved motorcycle diaries and y tu mama...I have Amores Perros on my lovefilms list......seen Blindness too, it's a pretty good film about an outbreak of blindness and people being quarantined like it's a disease - another pretty good film!

Drag Me to Hell

Quite enjoyable. Alison Lohman plays a bank loans officer who refuses a mortage extension to an old lady who curses her and she spends the remaining movie trying to avoid a demon that is coming for her. Harks back to the knockabout horror of the Evil Dead movies. I'm going to check for randomly hanging anvils whenever I go in a shed. Not really good for sitting eating pizza to. I'm not really that squeamish but an auld wifie spitting yellow grot on a hanky as I'm scoffing a cheese pizza wasn't great. 7/10.

Mike and I both do the same with with sheds after seeing this...

The Taking Of Pelham 123

Pretty run of the mill heist/hostage film. Decent enough for a Friday night on the sofa but not one that would merit a second watch. Travolta's overacting is chronic and the rest of the cast never get out of 2nd gear.

Up

Brilliant. One of Pixar's best. So many laugh out loud moments and sequences with genuine emotion (my girlfriend was welling up at the end of the introduction), which is remarkable for what is still essentially a cartoon. Great story, great characters and the usual superb art and animation.

Up

Brilliant. One of Pixar's best. So many laugh out loud moments and sequences with genuine emotion (my girlfriend was welling up at the end of the introduction), which is remarkable for what is still essentially a cartoon. Great story, great characters and the usual superb art and animation.

I also watched that last night.....thought it was pretty good, too :up:

Then followed it with'Don't say a word' on TV....seen it before, but happy to watch again, as I really like the graveyard on Hart Island ending.

The Mask - Really not as funny as I remember. Basically a live-action cartoon that was obviously written as a vehicle for Jim Carrey to break Hollywood, and he's just really annoying in it.

The Hangover - Pretty funny, but not like proper LOL funny. Enjoyable though.

The Ugly Truth - Typical chick-flick which wasn't a bad film but pissed me the fuck off with it's sweeping generalisations and portrayal of all men as beer-swigging lunk-heads. Typical quotes - "All men like is girls who dress in slutty clothes and suck loads of cock" "When a man is being nice to you all he's thinking about is that he wants to put his dick in your ass". Out of boredom I watched the documentary in the special features and the crew were saying "They really managed to nail the battle of the sexes thing, it's so true, all men do like a girl who dresses in slutty clothes and sucks lots of cock" and that just annoyed me ever more. Ah, where would we be without the wisdom of the chick-flick doing it's best to halt evolution?

Film - *** but it's annoying as fuck.

shutter island - not an easy watch due it being a pretty psychological film, lots of dream sequences that tend to get a bit too much at times but the entire film is quite good. Definately not one to sit down after a hard days work to

4/5

Wrong side of Town - WWE meatheads Rob Van Dam and Baptista play tough guys and kicks lots of ass.....while doing their level best not to act. Watching offshore with a few guys to have good crack with, fine. Watching by yourself, absolutely not!

1/5

Le Donk & Scor-Zay-Zee

An improvised mockumentary-style film directed by Shane Meadows about an ageing roadie called Le Donk (played by Paddy Considine) who sets out to manage his lodger wannabe rapper Scor-Zay-Zee (fat white guy from Sheffield) and get him a support slot on the Arctic Monkeys bill at Old Trafford cricket ground, whilst dealing with his estranged wife giving birth to his kid whilst shacking up with her new boyfriend. Some funny bits but I found it a wee bit disappointing, wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped it would be given my liking for both Shane Meadows and Paddy Considine as an actor, still worth 6 quid in HMV though. 7/10.

Harry Brown

Michael Caine plays an ex-Marine pensioner called Harry Brown who unleashes a can of woop-ass on the neds who cause the death of his mate. An OK watch, Caine is pretty good in it, but it all seemed a bit of an unlikely tale. I actually spent more time wondering if the lead ned was the rapper guy Plan B that I saw on Jonathan Ross the other week. It was, as it turned out. 6/10.

Che Part One

Benicio Del Toro plays Che Guevara. The film skips around all over the place timeline-wise but deals mostly with the Cuban revolution up to the point where the guerrillas have taken Santa Clara and ends with them heading for Havana. I think I would have preferred a more linear approach but it's well made and Benicio is great as ever. Part two to go soon. 8/10.