aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

He was good in Bruce Almighty. And actually he was OK in Liar Liar, apart from a few instances of overacting. But he's unbearable in The Mask. It's like instead of going "Right we've got a film, who can we get to star in it", they've gone "Right, we've got Jim Carrey. Let's write an entire film around his ability to pull weird faces".

Nah...I just don't like him.....I bracket him with Adam Sandler!

I don't know why, but for some reason I really like Adam Sandler films. I avoided them for years so haven't seen them all, but just about all the one I've seen, I've liked. Don't Mess With the Zohan was damn funny. Watched Happy Gilmour the other night on Fiver or something and it was good.

The homophobic one was rubbish though.

Jim Carrey I'm not too fussed about either way. He was good in The Dead Pool though. :)

YouTube - jim carey playing axel rose before he was famous

I'm a bit of a Carrey fan. I could quote the Ace Ventura's, Liar Liar and Dumb and Dumber line for line.

Really liked him in the Truman Show, Man on the Moon (which I don't think he got enough credit for) and Eternal Sunshine. I think he's done quite well to move on from his early 'slapstick' types roles and managed to develop himself as an actor, a lot of actors get stuck playing the same type of roles - looking at you Sandler, Ferrell and Stiller!

Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison were Adam Sandler at his best. Airheads was brilliant as well.

Haven't liked anything he's done in the last few years, with the exception of casting Kate Beckinsale opposite him in Click. Bastard.

Zohan was daft but damn funny, Anger Management was good as well.

Zohan was daft but damn funny, Anger Management was good as well.

I liked Zohan initially but it went on too long. The Wedding Singer is good. What's Funny People like, I quite fancy it but 2.5 hours seems a bit long....

Me, Myself and Irene is probably my favourite Jim Carrey film.

Never had a problem with Ben Stiller, he is usually pretty good, it's the film that lets him down at times...Night at the Museum being a case in point...

I liked Zohan initially but it went on too long. The Wedding Singer is good. What's Funny People like, I quite fancy it but 2.5 hours seems a bit long....

Me, Myself and Irene is probably my favourite Jim Carrey film.

Never had a problem with Ben Stiller, he is usually pretty good, it's the film that lets him down at times...Night at the Museum being a case in point...

Funny People was boring. It actually made me feel depressed.

Wedding Singer is ace. As is Big Daddy, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Anger Management, Mr Deeds, The Waterboy, 50 First Dates, The Longest Yard... Sandler is great.

The less said about Bedtime Stores the better though.

Haven't seen Zohan or Funny People.

Can't believe I forgot about The Waterboy. That was a great Sandler movie.