aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Red Road

A woman called Jackie works in a Glasgow CCTV centre, one evening she follows a couple on camera into a patch of wasteground as it looks as though something dodgy is about to occur. It doesn't, the couple have a knee trembler but she keeps watching. Once it's over the guy turns round and Jackie recognises him although it's not clear why. She starts to look for him on CCTV all the time, ends up following him and eventually speaking to him. Things progress with her becoming more and more involved with him and his mates - you don't find out exactly what has happened until near the end and it keeps you watching. It's pretty good and certainly worth the 3 it cost in HMV...9/10

Top film! Doesn't do us Scot's much favours in the 'National Image' department but the acting's great and the way it all unfolds is mesmerising. Didn't realise that Lars Von Trier was involved and it's going to be part of a Dogma '95 trilogy - "Rounding up Donkeys" is the next installment.

Little Children. No, not something off Pete Townshend's hard drive, but rather an Oscar nominated film starring Kate Winslet from a couple of years ago. Quite an interesting drama about relationships/affairs etc with a good subplot about a sex offender moving into a community. Worth a watch.

Red Road

A woman called Jackie works in a Glasgow CCTV centre, one evening she follows a couple on camera into a patch of wasteground as it looks as though something dodgy is about to occur. It doesn't, the couple have a knee trembler but she keeps watching. Once it's over the guy turns round and Jackie recognises him although it's not clear why. She starts to look for him on CCTV all the time, ends up following him and eventually speaking to him. Things progress with her becoming more and more involved with him and his mates - you don't find out exactly what has happened until near the end and it keeps you watching. It's pretty good and certainly worth the 3 it cost in HMV...9/10

Ooooooh! that sounds good.

I quite liked this film, I think certain scenes work better if you have seen the Johnny Cash bio-pic 'Walk the Line'....

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

I agree although I had seen Walk The Line but my girlfriend hadn't and we both enjoyed this a lot. I think some was a parody of the Ray Charles biopic too or maybe I'm getting confused.

I loved the way the characters would blurt out a line to make it obvious to the viewer the developments of the character as these biopics often do.

We doin' pills. Uppers and downers. It's the logical next step for you.

Prison has changed me. I understand the common man the way I never did before.

Red Road

I'd heard this was good. Going to have to go purchase it now!

Thankfully it's payday!

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

I agree although I had seen Walk The Line but my girlfriend hadn't and we both enjoyed this a lot. I think some was a parody of the Ray Charles biopic too or maybe I'm getting confused.

I loved the way the characters would blurt out a line to make it obvious to the viewer the developments of the character as these biopics often do.

We doin' pills. Uppers and downers. It's the logical next step for you.

Prison has changed me. I understand the common man the way I never did before.

I was referring to the bedroom scene in particular - I thought it did a good job of mocking the indecisive June Carter aspect of 'Walk the Line', had me guffawing a lot.

Little Children. No, not something off Pete Townshend's hard drive, but rather an Oscar nominated film starring Kate Winslet from a couple of years ago. Quite an interesting drama about relationships/affairs etc with a good subplot about a sex offender moving into a community. Worth a watch.

That's a good one, although I found it a bit squeamish viewing at times being a Dad...

Top film! Doesn't do us Scot's much favours in the 'National Image' department but the acting's great and the way it all unfolds is mesmerising. Didn't realise that Lars Von Trier was involved and it's going to be part of a Dogma '95 trilogy - "Rounding up Donkeys" is the next installment.

Yeah, I was vaguely aware that it was linked with him, I think it was down to following his Dogme rules of filming....I'm dying to see Andrea Arnold's latest, 'Fish Tank', it is allegedly amazing although my local video shop seems to be neglecting to stock it, it's looking increasingly like a DVD purchase is my only option as I've just binned my Tesco DVD subscription...

My g/f got a few videos for 10p each in a charity shop, so last night we watched 'Adaptation'....which I had never heard of (although I recall Nicholas Cage was mentioned in this thread a mass of pages back, so I might have missed it).

I really enjoyed it....thought it took the piss out of genres (and itself) very well. :up:

Um, me neither...I'm just a bit weird about having some weirdo checking out my kid and me not knowing...although I take this opportunity to point out that I'm not at a Brass Eye-style paedo-dressed-as-school level...

OK, I was having a few beers when I was watching the film but I must have missed this bit. Are you talking about the sex offender guy? He didn't really look at kids at all, was sort of implied very briefly in the swimming pool, but that was pretty much it.

OK, I was having a few beers when I was watching the film but I must have missed this bit. Are you talking about the sex offender guy? He didn't really look at kids at all, was sort of implied very briefly in the swimming pool, but that was pretty much it.

I recall he was snorkelling below the water and it was a bit more than implied but maybe that was just my interpretationI don't really want to get into some kind of weird dispute about it so can we agree that we have taken a different view out of this film and leave it there? :)

Has anyone seen the movie 'Milk'?

Now that is an interesting movie...I didn't know what a "Castro Clone" was until I watched that movie..

Anywho a resounding 5 banana hammocks out of 5

Really was a brilliant film. Felt a bit sorry for Mickey Rourke at the Oscars was Sean Penn was truly superb.

Just got Valkyrie on DVD. Missed it in the cinema and took far too long to get round to owning it, but 5 in ASDA, I couldn't say no. (bucket-loads of DVDs in ASDA for 5 just now, handy hint, there is a fair range of cracking films in there too).

Damned good film, the Scientologist midget is as good as he always is (I am a shameless Tom Cruise fan, the guy is a Legend, lolz). It is a properly tense film, and it's got Eddie Izzard in it. That is reason alone to see it.

A strong 4 out of 5.

I agree it was damn good movie! Izzard makes a damn good Nazi!

I think what the great part is that it shows that it wasn't a war against Germany as such but more a war against a regime i.e Nazi's.

I like the scene were Hitler and Goebbells and that fat fucking om nom nom of a hambeast Goering are just chilling and laughing when Stauffenberg (cruise) goes into have the "H -man.".as he was known Valkyrie act signed. Well tense.

Could have been worse...could have been CommieNazies

Outland

Ace early 80's sci-fi film starring Sean Connery as a marshall stationed to a mining complex on one of Jupiter's moons. Workers start dying under mysterious circumstances and Connery believes the deaths are not accidental. He starts to uncover shady goings on and finds himself more or less alone in his attempts to solve the deaths. Really good film that has dated pretty well, has a similar grimy look to Alien, occasional rubbery special effects but not to the extent that they spoil the film as they are sparingly used. 9/10.

Has anyone seen the movie 'Milk'?

Now that is an interesting movie...I didn't know what a "Castro Clone" was until I watched that movie..

Anywho a resounding 5 banana hammocks out of 5

Yeah, I adored it too. Everyone in it was excellent, especially Penn and Emile Hirsch, I thought.

Still not seen Valkyrie either. I hate Tom Cruise, but I only really want to because Izzard's in it and they were filming scenes in Berlin whilst I was there... also I'll finally get to find out if they succeeded in killing Hitler...

Still not seen Valkyrie either. I hate Tom Cruise, but I only really want to because Izzard's in it and they were filming scenes in Berlin whilst I was there... also I'll finally get to find out if they succeeded in killing Hitler...

Izzard is great in Valkyrie and the movie isn't too bad either i've seen worse lol..I don't know what it is about Cruise...I really hate his face..More of a Charlie Sheen fan....not.