aberdeen-music

Ghosts / Paranormal thread

Guest idol_wild

As long as he's just watching that's OK!

My mum used to do the ouija thing years ago. She says that they had sceptical friends once who sat it out, but asked the 'spirit' to name their dog...the board came up with what looked like gobbledygook, but the 2 friends were gobsmacked, because they were Welsh, and it had spelt out the dog's name (which was Welsh, obviously).

She fell out of the habit after being contacted by her late father, which upset her.

Agreed. Me and my friends did a ouija board in a 'haunted' house when we were about 15/16. Some weird shit happened, I was so scared I started crying like a little bitch, tho looking back what little I can remember may just have been tricks of the lights and scared kids imagining shit but it was freaky. I used to live in a house where a lot of weird stuff happened - tho I never saw an actual ghost (but my mate did) I'll post some of it later.

There is the face of a ghost in the wall of St Machar Cathedral

There are three big stained glass windows up behind the altar and on the wall just to the left of the left-most window inside, about halfway down you can see the face of a ghost.

Obviously this is just the cut of the stone, but churches are pretty creepy anyway so it still gives you a bit of a shiver.

Guest idol_wild
I went up there on my own one day - it's a pretty freaky place but I dunno if it's haunted...

I don't think it is, but my sister claims she can always "feel a presence" in a particular room in the ruin.

Personally, I think she's having me on. Or she's delluded.

Did a Ouija board when I was 15 at an old freaky house on Polmuir Road. We were talking about how weird and eerie this picture of an old woman in victorian dress was. The girl who's parents owned the house said that the pic had been there since they had moved in 8 months prior.

Something ended up happening that was all pretty spooky and then the pic fell off the wall and smashed.

Scary shit at the time!

Did a Ouija board when I was 15 at an old freaky house on Polmuir Road. We were talking about how weird and eerie this picture of an old woman in victorian dress was. The girl who's parents owned the house said that the pic had been there since they had moved in 8 months prior.

Something ended up happening that was all pretty spooky and then the pic fell off the wall and smashed.

Scary shit at the time!

Your just mentioning "Ouija" so you can talk about Kirk's guitar.:up:

I don't really believe in the whole ghost thing. Seems to me our own psyches have ghosts enough of their own. I thought i saw a kid my own age (when i was about 6) sitting on the edge of my bookcase in my room. I remember seeing him and being scared to properly breathe for ages. I mean then i thought it was a ghost, but now i'm sure it was a dream. Reminds me of my cousin staying over and telling me wasps would fly in and sting me if i didn't keep my mouth shut when i was asleep. She was evil.

On the other hand my mother's great uncle and aunt lived in an ancient farmhouse in the highlands about 50 miles or so from Aberdeen. On some nights when all the family where around, they swear to this day they heard something. Apparently they would hear the latch in the side door go, someone shuffle in noisily (as though tired after a long day in the fields) He or she would sit down on a stool (that was in the hall) and yank their boots off before (i assume) disappearing.

It's great to hear stories like that with your grandfolks and aunties etc around you. Especially when it's a dark winter night outside with cold and rain. I remember talking excitedly about "supernatural echoes" on those occasions, which i'm sure was something i heard on the cartoon version of "Ghostbusters"

Campfires are another good occasion. But to me, stories are enough. The imagination is enough. I don't need these things to be what we discern as "tangible". I just love the feeling of fear, the tingle and the adventure. Ghosts really are there. The imagination is a powerful being all of its own.

If you've tried any hallucinogenic then you know how it is possible to see things that aren't really "there" but in that situation you believe them to be. Surely it's possible that anxiety, lonliness and and (slight?)hysteria might produce the same effect. I've used the ouija board over a crypt once in Peterculter and we recieved the text "sight unseen" But the situation and the presence of a particular essence of mind were probably to blame. Certain folks covet that experience, wish of it and experience something. I wonder how we did cope before the invention of fire for instance. Perhaps that presence of all encompassing darkness with no hope of solution produced the experiences now told in our "modern" selves.

There are green ladies and white ladies everywhere it would seem.

I remember being in cub scouts and camping in Templars Park. There was a green lady there - never saw one though. Would definitely like to see a ghost though.

The Warlock/Wizard (Alexander) Laird of Skene once got his coachman to ride across the Loch of Skene and asked him not to look back. The coachmans curiousity got the better of him and he looked back to see the Laird sitting beside a hoofed man with striking white eyes. The Laird practised the black arts and studied the occult in Spain. He was followed everywhere by two ravens. Well, as the legend goes anyway.

My mother tells me that when i was a wee one i wouldsit in my room looking up and talking to something that wasn't there. Sometimes she got really freaked out and would grab me and take me to another room. I can't remember any of this, but it apparently happened a lot, talking to things that weren't there

How do you make a Ouiji board?

Take away his bottle of Buckfast.

I need a big sit down after reading that...

Anyway, on a related subject, this forum -> paranormal Threads - Forum Tags by Zoints is quite an interesting read in terms of debunking what people can perceive as paranormal activity. Plus, there is your fair share of mentals, including one who claims he can change his blood type at will, despite never having his blood type checked.

Guest idol_wild
Coincidentally, I went on a little ghost trail with my friend last night.

Unfortunately, we saw no ghosts.

This probably has to do with the fact that I don't believe in ghosts. Not the traditional definition of a ghost anyway.

Where was this trail, out of interest?

My Bro, reckoned our old house was haunted. A couple of spooky things happened to me but nothing that couldn't be explained. However Chi666 (my bro) did have a very spooky episode one night! Ill get him on here to tell his story! Although nothing happened to my other bro when he stayed there so it might just be that Chi is a little pussy. I dunno, i only know that when my mum and dad came home that night the terror on his face was real.

Other than that don't think i've seen one. I though i saw someone standing in my kitchen when i went for a piss, but i put that down to the mind playing tricks!

(My bathroom is beside the kitchen, i didn't go for a piss in the kitchen! Just thought i would clear that up)!