aberdeen-music

Ghosts / Paranormal thread

Guest idol_wild

Guest Laura@TMB
I fucking shit myself last night. Thanks. Thanks alot.

Welcome to our world :laughing:

"I'm in the basement all the time, and there's fuck all wrogn with it. You people are just weirdos."

Not any more I bet!

Welcome to our world :laughing:

"I'm in the basement all the time, and there's fuck all wrogn with it. You people are just weirdos."

Not any more I bet!

Pretty much never going into the basement ever again. Well, I will, but I won't enjoy it.
Enlighten us...
Not much to explain. Just alot of freaky shit last night when the bar was shut and quiet. Really really creepy shit. I couldn't even go to the toilet without constantly looking around me.

Guest idol_wild
Pretty much never going into the basement ever again. Well, I will, but I won't enjoy it.

Not much to explain. Just alot of freaky shit last night when the bar was shut and quiet. Really really creepy shit. I couldn't even go to the toilet without constantly looking around me.

Interesting! What sort of freaky shit? Explain!

to be fair, the creepiest thing i've EVER SEEN was Teabags fronting Element106 in Dr Drakes back in the day... i'm thinking specifically of the between song banter/silence......

i still wake in the night with flashbacks

you fucking LOVED my banter!

Freaky shit included horible cries of pain, seeing figures, noises made in direct response to conversation and more. I still don't believe in ghosts, but I'm proper fucking creeped out.

you fucking LOVED my banter!

Freaky shit included horible cries of pain, seeing figures, noises made in direct response to conversation and more. I still don't believe in ghosts, but I'm proper fucking creeped out.

I want to hear more!

(And I am not to keen on venturing into the Moorings basement)

Guest idol_wild

Was it a wind-up?

Guest idol_wild

I'd quite like to hear some specifics, if you can be assed typing them?

What did the figures look like? Were they shadowy outlines, or could you make out features?

What sort of noises came in direct response to conversations? Who was conversing? What was it about?

What other stuff did you see/hear/feel?

Just interested, is all.

I'd quite like to hear some specifics, if you can be assed typing them?

What did the figures look like? Were they shadowy outlines, or could you make out features?

What sort of noises came in direct response to conversations? Who was conversing? What was it about?

What other stuff did you see/hear/feel?

Just interested, is all.

Can't really be arsed trying to explain it on here. Next time I see you, I'll tell you all about it. If I remember. Cos I'll probably be drunk.

Guest idol_wild
ooh flash you should do some haunted tours ;)

I don't think the overall fire capacity of The Moorings would allow for this. It'd be a safety hazard.

OK,

Here are my ghost stories... sure I've posted these before but what the hell?

The ghost turns off the gas cylinders at the valves. You're in the bar yourself, working through the day, no other staff, nobody has access to the gas. Suddenly the beer stops pouring so you go downstairs and there no CO2 pressure, you think this is weird because you only changed the cylinder the day before, so you check and sure enough it's turned off. If was clearly on earlier because the beer was pouring then. This also happens with the mixed gas, but not with the fizzy drinks machine.

It also turns off the gas feeds to individual drinks. All of a sudden the Guinness or whatever will stop pouring and you go down and the keg is full, then you notice the gas pressure to the Guinness is down, and that the valve has been turned off at the cellar buoy. This can happen with pretty much any product,

Pretty much all the full time staff (the ones who change kegs and cylinders) have experienced this at least once, and some of us have had it happen many times. It gets worse when there's building work going on.

After the bar is shut, you can hear people walking about down in the cellar, this is very common. If you go down there you can hear people walking about upstairs. It's usual to hear the keg cellar door slam shut, a noise we're used to, but a bit creepy if all the bar tenders are upstairs...

Glasses quite often jump off the shelves. I've seen this happen and it was like the glass was pushed/knocked off.

Once the duty manager and myself were in cleaning up at around 2am. Nobody else was in the building. Back then the mop bucket used to live behind the bar. It's a sturdy little thing on wheels. I was up at the dance floor sweeping and Dougie was cleaning tables down near the door. We were both sober. There's this rumble rumble noise then a thump, then rumble rumble rumble, then the mop bucket appears at the bar hatch, then a thump and it rolls off the step onto the floor. Then it rumbles a couple of meters forward into the middle of the floor, a good 10 yards away from either of us, and then it tips over onto it's side which should be fucking impossible as it has 4 wheels. It was empty BTW. So this bucket had rolled forward 12 ", negotiated a perfect 90 degree right turn, rolled forward 3 feet, negotiated another perfect 90 degree to to bring in in line with the hatch, rolled neatly through the hatch barely wider than itself, down a step, another couple of meters then fallen onto it's side.

One evening I was the only person in the bar and finishing up in the cellar. I was in the office which is roughly under table 4/table 5. It was around 2.30 am. Earlier in the week the police had been in with a missing persons form. This woman who was a regular customer of the bar had gone missing and nobody knew where she was. We had to call a number if we saw her. This woman had been drinking in the bar since the 70s.

Anyway I started to get the chills, and feel a thumping in my head. Suddenly this little piece of paper fluttered down from the cellar roof and landed face up on my desk. It was a little B&W passport photo, and old photo of a woman. Now the chills really intensified and I broke out in massive goosebumps. My head was absolutely pounding and it felt like the pressure in the room had intensified. My focus as directed completely at this picture and I was feeling a rising sense of panic. I turned it over and on the back in said "Anne 1976". It was an old photo of the missing woman. I bolted up and out of the cellar, upstairs then out of the bar. I stood outside for 20 minutes to scared to go back in and lock up. Later on we discovered than Anne had died. I don't know the full circumstances.

I've never seen the photo again, but later found a similar one, from the same set, in some old bar documents that I had at home.

That was creepy shit.

Once I came up from the cellar and a small knife flew past my head. It was a harmless bread knife. I just assumed that someone had hidden after closing and was playing a joke on me - there was nobody there.

A few weeks back I went downstairs to get my jacket to leave, I heard Amy and Chris should goodnight but Teabags was still upstairs. I could hear him moving about. I did my end of day shit, got my jacket and headed back up. There was no sign of him so I thought he must have gone for a piss or a wank as I could hear noises from the gents. I waited for ages and eventually went into the toilets looking for him. Turned out that he'd left with Chris and Amy. BTW you are all cunts for leaving me alone in there :(