aberdeen-music

Ghosts / Paranormal thread

Guest idol_wild

Once when Doug and I were cleaning up at 2am, there was this rumbling sound and it was the mop bucket. It rolled out from under the bar counter, made a right turn, rolled along to the the hatch, made another right turn, rolled down the step and onto the floor, rolled along to the centre of the room then tipped over onto it's side. Doug and I were at opposite ends of the room facing each other and frozen to the spot, we both saw the whole thing. The bucket was empty.

Another time as I came upstairs at 2am, and someone lobbed a bread knife at me. There was nobody else in the bar.

When the builders were in working over night in 2003 they heard an banging sound coming from somewhere around the stage. As they were telling me this someone went downstairs and opened and closed the keg cellar door (you need to slam it shut), this made the exact same sound. They both went pure white.

Once when Doug and I were cleaning up at 2am, there was this rumbling sound and it was the mop bucket. It rolled out from under the bar counter, made a right turn, rolled along to the the hatch, made another right turn, rolled down the step and onto the floor, rolled along to the centre of the room then tipped over onto it's side. Doug and I were at opposite ends of the room facing each other and frozen to the spot, we both saw the whole thing. The bucket was empty.

Another time as I came upstairs at 2am, and someone lobbed a bread knife at me. There was nobody else in the bar.

When the builders were in working over night in 2003 they heard an banging sound coming from somewhere around the stage. As they were telling me this someone went downstairs and opened and closed the keg cellar door (you need to slam it shut), this made the exact same sound. They both went pure white.

The bread knife bit is a bit too scary for my liking... I don't think that being alone in the Moorings is a good idea in the slightest.

• 3 months later...
Guest idol_wild
Go on Jan, indulge us in your ghost story. :)

Well, I bought Jan a pint. And served him Ouzo and he told me the story. It was good.

Any other personal ghost experiences any of you can offer?

Well, I bought Jan a pint. And served him Ouzo and he told me the story. It was good.

Any other personal ghost experiences any of you can offer?

Well....

Background...

My first wife's grandfather was a retired miner, bed-ridden for years with a really dodgy ticker. When my ex-inlaws married, he was excited at the idea of being a grampa, but never thought he'd live long enough - especially as they had trouble conceiving initially. He did and was delighted when they gave birth to Claire and some years later, absolutely over the moon when Claire and I had a son.

However, he died just 10 days after his great-grandson was born and never saw the kid.

We all travelled to the Midlands for the funeral and stayed over at Gran & Grampa's house. Exhausted after the journey and funeral, we all headed for bed. About 2am, both my wife and I woke up with a start. I felt really uneasy and was convinced someone was in the room. The baby let out a loud, but brief cry. Then the feeling of unease disappeared and we drifted back off to sleep.

At the breakfast table in the morning, everyone was quiet, then my bro-in-law said, "I'm sure there was someone in the room last night, about 2am, gave me the creeps" - and at that everyone concurred that they had woken up at the same time and felt the same thing.

Now, I'm about as pragmatic as they come, but I'm convinced to this day that the old fella just wanted a look at his grandson.

Hardly "The Exorcist" but it was genuine spooky experience for me.

• Upvote 1

My grandad used to race Pigeons when he was younger. He died about 15 years ago. 10 months later on his birthday, a pigeon sat on my grans windowsill. Only a few months after that, his twin brother died. The following year on their birthday, two pigeons sat on my grans windowsill.

Terrifying.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I'm gonna go down the Jan Deal route. Buy me a pint some night and i'll regale you with the story. Plus if i posted it on here everybody would think i was a total fruit loop... Or just a big fibber.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I'm gonna go down the Jan Deal route. Buy me a pint some night and i'll regale you with the story. Plus if i posted it on here everybody would think i was a total fruit loop... Or just a big fibber.

That's fucking desparation. You Brochers will do anything for a free pint, won't you?

Incidentally, we already think you're both a fruit loop AND a big fibber, so just get the story telt :up:

Sorry for yet more Brocher-baiting but it just comes SO naturally

A few years back my dad died suddenly and took the whole family by suprise,he was 46 years old.My dads mum (my nana) was absolutly grief stricken at losing her son as we all were...My nana was always a hard women she was brought up in the gorbals in glasgow and worked her whole life...Anywho nion exactla year after my dad died my nana announced that she had seen my dad the night before.(if you knew my nana you would know this isn't something she would say)...my mum and i looked at each other but didnt say anything....She continued by saying he came home sat down and asked her for a cuppa..Told her everything was going to be ok and shit....After we drank our own tea we made sure nana was ok and we left.....We recieved a phone call 2 hours later to say she had died in her arm chair....

No idea what this means but after i sat and thought about it i find it spooky as fuck.

My papa died on may the 3rd

8years later

My dad died on may the 4th

1 Year later

My nana died on may the 2nd

I fucking hate may lol... i live my live now with an eleven month calander,That way i cant possible die in may.....Right?.

Last bit isnt really a ghost story i just find it spooky shit.

Guest idol_wild

I have already sold you a bunch of Bikini Kill albums at cut price, surely that's more valuable than a pint?

To echo Peterhead Dave's sentiments - get the story telt! :up:

• 1 month later...

I had a weird experience in the Mooring a coupl'a weeks ago actually. I was waiting for my gal (Amy that works behind the bar at the weekend) to finish cleaning up after the open mic on a Sunday night, there was only myself, Amy and I think Angie in the bar. I went to the gents, and while taking a piss I was sure there was someone standing behind me, and there was a figure reflected in my glasses, I turn my hed to find there's no one there. It was pretty fucking creepy....

I had a weird experience in the Mooring a coupl'a weeks ago actually. I was waiting for my gal (Amy that works behind the bar at the weekend) to finish cleaning up after the open mic on a Sunday night, there was only myself, Amy and I think Angie in the bar. I went to the gents, and while taking a piss I was sure there was someone standing behind me, and there was a figure reflected in my glasses, I turn my hed to find there's no one there. It was pretty fucking creepy....

That book "The Haunted North" mentions that a lot of people feel creeped out in the gents, and that people have been tripped up by an invisible leg while going into the gents. I've never seen, heard or felt anything weird in the Moorings though I'm not keen on being in that basement by myself. It's got a weird atmosphere.

That book "The Haunted North" mentions that a lot of people feel creeped out in the gents, and that people have been tripped up by an invisible leg while going into the gents. I've never seen, heard or felt anything weird in the Moorings though I'm not keen on being in that basement by myself. It's got a weird atmosphere.

I've been tripped up by those pesky invisible legs all over the place when i've been out drinking....

Guest idol_wild
I find all this ghost story stuff really interesting, as soon as i get the change im buying Lucky Rathen a pint to hear that story about the seance.

We can go together and buy him a half pint each.

Yeah there's something quite dodgy about the basement. There's definitely a weird atmosphere down there. Someone once told me that theres a massive hole in the ground at the far end, like a small well or something. Is that true? I've never had the balls to venture far enough in to find out...