aberdeen-music

Favourite Ever Aberdeen band.

Lemonade

These things are all about taste or lack of of!!! I always felt that for such a relatively small place Aberdeen had too many bands, a chancers paradise

you should start up a selection panel then, surely?

I mean, if there are only to be a finite amount of bands (of whom you think "should" be allowed to play in Aberdeen) - then surely it's in your powers to start a service to filter all the useless (tasteless) bands.

I could recommend a partner for you too...and we'd be down to approximately : 0 bands allowed to play in Aberdeen.

Just a thought...

you should start up a selection panel then, surely?

I mean, if there are only to be a finite amount of bands (of whom you think "should" be allowed to play in Aberdeen) - then surely it's in your powers to start a service to filter all the useless (tasteless) bands.

I could recommend a partner for you too...and we'd be down to approximately : 0 bands allowed to play in Aberdeen.

Just a thought...

Come on we all know who the duds are, I was meaning bands to fans to venues ratio, I remember a time when good bands couldn't get to play due that stupid 6 week rule, now certain bands play every other week, nepatism gone mad

Was that Del Franklin's band with all the cool keyboardy things? They were ace.

They certainly had cool keyboardy things, I didn't know Del Frankln had been in it, but he may have been as they'd been on the go a while before I saw them...Sharon / Del / anyone shed some light on this?

Another I really enjoyed the once I saw them were Toxic Effex.

I go back a fair while, and early bands I liked were Twilight Zone and Gully Foyle. Later on I had a lot of time for APB, the Presidents Men and Alone Again Or.

Very recently it would've been the Staccato Set, Sidca & Nakt Insekten.

Currently I enjoy a lot of local bands (Copy HaHo, Kartta, Holy Folks, Spike Piledriver, No Pasaran etc), but my favourite, over the last 4 decades (almost) is Kathryn Sawers, without a doubt.

I go back a fair while, and early bands I liked were Twilight Zone and Gully Foyle. Later on I had a lot of time for APB, the Presidents Men and Alone Again Or.

Very recently it would've been the Staccato Set, Sidca & Nakt Insekten.

Currently I enjoy a lot of local bands (Copy HaHo, Kartta, Holy Folks, Spike Piledriver, No Pasaran etc), but my favourite, over the last 4 decades (almost) is Kathryn Sawers, without a doubt.

Kathryn Sawers isn't over 40 is she? Sorry Alan / Kathryn - just being silly, I know what Alan means. Good call Alan.