aberdeen-music

Favourite Ever Aberdeen band.

Lemonade

If you like staccato set then you might like Tupelo Town Assembly. I kissed Jim and Andy and they kissed back.

Lorenzo, obviously

ANYTHING with Pete McConville in it. I also think that Tom should do his solo stuff - the stuff on his myspace is brilliant.

Khar Leong. He scares when I think how brilliant he is.

Kathryn & Amy Sawers (by the way does that drummer keep getting better/more aggressive?)

Kitchen Cynics

I love Kartta (but hardly ever get to see them)

Found, I suppose, is part aberdeen.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Amber yet either.

God I could go on forever....

God I could go on forever....

That's the danger. A lot of people diss the scene in Aberdeen; but there are some seriously quality acts.

The singer-songwriter/folk scene in Aberdeen is actually very good. Kitchen Cynics, Ry Walker, Holy Folks, No Pasaran, Welfare Mothers, Delawair, and several others.

You also have straight up pop like 10 Easy Wishes, who are great at what they do; energetic indie-pop like The Little Kicks (easily Aberdeen's biggest crowd pulling band); some post-rock and post-metal bands like Katerwaul (who are criminally overlooked by pretty much everyone except those close to them) and Fault & Fracture; off-kilter/alternative acts like Copy Haho and Fiction/Action (RIP - easily Aberdeen's finest ever band in my humble opinion). It's all good.

There could be more electronic and experimental stuff - Herzog and Wasow/The Jinx are the only decent experimental acts I can recall seeing.

Yay for Aberdeen.

Liber8. Not AW or EP, just plain old Liber8. EP are bringing the noise these days but I like to believe that's because of my man CdB on the skins!!

2/3/4 equal are the following: needles (tight and sexy) atom (nice) maple (the bass playing gave me a semi and seeing al nero with a semi gave me a semi and al nero was tapping claire deBarros and she definately gave me a semi!!!!)

I may be a tad drunk right now.

otherwise that's a good list :D

/x

Loveless Forever!

seconded. a formative experience for me was seeing Loveless at the little union by school hill. awesome band. the 7" that i bought from them still sounds great, and really timeless. obviously i made a total wanker of myself at said gig- i thought i was in caaamdeeen!

my favourites:

project ven hell

stacc. set.

ian simpson.

Deadalus.

the beaker people

drunk fux

masamune

king liar and the brutes ( particularly for "wood wasp")

i also liked one god universe

the band from uncle were good.

that band that sound like palace that do the "drunken brothers" song really impressed me a while ago.

spike pile driver

kitchen cynics are good.

bonesaw were good, apart from rob fae Karloff got all manly about the size of his amp.

a lot is suppose.

i quite liked orwell, allthough quite a few folk tried to talk me down from that view.

i'll probably think of a few more.

Oi

Thirded. Just an awesome noise.

Also One God Universe. And Staccato Set, (even if they never managed to find the right drummer:P )

Oi! :swearing::love:

One God Universe... Of course!

Are you allowed to mention bands you were in?

Atom Flask (would have liked to seen one of our gigs. Best quote after a gig when asked "did you enjoy the gig?" reply "nice lights".)

Greenblade for allowing me to indulge my Dub leanings and again would have liked to see one our gigs if only coz Gozie was cute, that said I probably had the best view :up:

Lorenzo Snow Collective top the contemporary bill as well as Amy Sawers and Co (on a good night...)

my most favourte local band ever was Fluffy & the Rainbow Bunnies! the lyrics were so original & funny & the music was nae bad either - they knew how to put on a show - i pissed my pants with laughter when the supported tha fall! haha.

my all time favourtes are Lorenzo snow collective, maps/karrta, little kicks & Kitchen Cynics

but i also enjoy(ed) watching edgar prais, onion terror, PVH, Hijacks, hexagonal pensioners & dos dedos.

Tibetan Dave at a Drakes open mic night...

I have enjoyed a great many local bands over the, too numerous, years but can't remember many of them... Probably easier to name the bands I have thought were shite... Plenty of them like...

Oh, 'Another Wild Rose' were nae bad if I remember correctly. Could be seeing this through rose tinted Drummonds beer goggles of course...