aberdeen-music

Favourite Ever Aberdeen band.

Lemonade

you mean liber8

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

No no...the Edgar Prais. They're not even the same band because that would be like saying Fannypack and Holy Hail are the same band...

They dropped about 6 songs from their set from when they started playing sometime last year.

HOW CAN NO ONE HAVE MENTIONED THE MIGHTY 'QUIK'?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think aberdeen has some fuckign amazing bands at the moment - copy haho are unbelievably good, xcerts even though they aren't here are one of the best unsigned touring uk bands at the moment, the little kicks, eddison, captain face, right hand left, holy folks etc

but then past bands that ruled were fiction action, my decaying leg, psycho a go go, liber8, sirius, magdaline cox. all fucking ace!

HOW CAN NO ONE HAVE MENTIONED THE MIGHTY 'QUIK'?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think aberdeen has some fuckign amazing bands at the moment - copy haho are unbelievably good, xcerts even though they aren't here are one of the best unsigned touring uk bands at the moment, the little kicks, eddison, captain face, right hand left, holy folks etc

but then past bands that ruled were fiction action, my decaying leg, psycho a go go, liber8, sirius, magdaline cox. all fucking ace!

Psycho A Go Go were fucking super, it's true.

what ever youre opinion is.its wrong.

unless of course you said Electric Tibet, cos they ARE the best band that have come from Aberdeen! without a shadow of a doubt.i have pretty much all of their songs and still listen to them all the time.also, they are all ace guys!

thats my opinion anyway.and its right!

also sidca fucking rooooled!they should make a comeback.shotgun playing play drums!

xx

Guest Steven Dedalus
rugged good looks and a renegade spirit? :)

I think it was mainly my hair that made us good.

I would have to say that Electric Tibet, Hookers Green No1 and Masamune are not just some of the best bands to ever come out of Aberdeen, but three of the best bands I've ever seen/heard in my entire life. I still listen to them all the time.

I also loved:

Le Reno Amps

Eric Euan

Sidca

Kitchen Cynics

Politik/Copy haho

Subsistance

And even though he wasn't really a band, Adam Cresser's solo gigs were unstoppable.

And who can forget.....SCROTAL TUNIC!!!

I saw them twice, and they made me physically sick both times.

I think it was mainly my hair that made us good.

I would have to say that Electric Tibet, Hookers Green No1 and Masamune are not just some of the best bands to ever come out of Aberdeen, but three of the best bands I've ever seen/heard in my entire life. I still listen to them all the time.

I also loved:

Maple

Eric Euan

Sidca

Kitchen Cynics

Politik/Copy haho

Subsistance

Good choices there.... ho ho

I saw a lot of bands in Aberdeen and it's hard to say who the 'best' was. Plus, I'm so out of touch with what's going on over there that I haven't heard or seen a lot of the groups that seem to be making waves in the city right now.

I must say though, I really enjoyed Eric Euan, Genevieve, Alyssa's Wish, Subsistence & Small Enclosed Area.

genevieve were epic aswell....whatever happened to them?

Drums were recorded yesterday for two tracks, then hopefully we'll be laying down guitars and the such like over the next couple of weeks. We have a few new songs that are certainly at a level where we are happy to record and we have some more ideas that we are elaborating on, and i assure you we are still very epic.

It's been a very slow process for us with band members doing extraordinary amounts of sea time and another member getting married, but hopefully folks will like the direction that we're moving in. I'll be sure to let people know as and when we have something new up on the myspace.

As for playing live, who knows? At the moment i can only realistically see us as a recording band as getting all four of us in the same place to practice at the same time is a logistical nightmare of epic proportions itself. All being well if we can wrap up recording fairly quickly, which is never that much of a problem for us, we can get a good run at getting the new stuff polished enough for a live return.

I miss playing live :(