what is the best metal band ever

the nobz

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well...they were!

not at all metal

...are you speaking about the same Alice in Chains?

if so, don't take my word for it, let me be a sad fooka and quote the amg "In many ways, Alice in Chains was the definitive heavy metal band of the early '90s. Drawing equally from the heavy riffing of post-Van Halen metal and the gloomy strains of post-punk, the band developed a bleak, nihilistic sound that balanced grinding hard rock with subtly textured acoustic numbers"

but anyway, bullshit aside...metal is in the eye of the beholder (or something like that) so fair play :D

metal band

i couldnt help notice that no one mentioned bands such as the ramones, judas priest, deep purple or even def leppard. i used to listen to all that heavy stuff. but then i mellowed out a bit. i just cant seem into the new metallica stuff though, i think theve lost the plot. the old stuff was fine though. i still think maiden and priest are the best live acts though.

i recently went to see deep purple mk 1000000 and they just dont seem to have what it takes any more. is anyone going to see the crew?