aberdeen-music

what is the best metal band ever

the nobz

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah good one' date=' soundgarden were always in the same breath as nirvana, pearl jam, screaming trees, alice in chains. There is no way the forementioned bands are metal.

Have i bothered? Heh. I do have a very large collection of alice in chains and soundgarden.

Guess that means you have to get your head out of your own asshole then.

Alice in Chains - Selftitled, Dirt, Facelift, Heroin, Jar of Flies & Sap, Live, Music Bank, Nothings Safe, Unplugged. Plus various bootlegs.

Soundgarden - Badmotor finger, Ultramega OK, Flower EP, Louder Than Love, Screaming Life, Superunknown.

Is that good enough for your arse?? Fuck off and don't try and compete with me. You couldn't even come close to owning as much of the above as i have[/quote']

I wouldn't bet on it, Apart from Heroin ( i currently dont know what that is) i have everything on your list.

It's not a competition you know and if you have what you say you have, read the book that you get with the Music Bank boxset it tells you that AIC were a little like outsiders and a little too young to hang with the scene.

A few pages on it mentions there 1991 nomination for Favourite Heavy Metal Artist at the American Music Awards,on the next page it mentions there Grammy nomination for BEST METAL PERFORMANCE and finally a direct quoto from the booklet:-

"Dirt found immediate empathy not with their CORE METAL AUDIENCE , but with the bewildered Gen X. "

BUT YOU'D ALREADY KNOW ALL THAT COS YOUR SUCH A BIG FAN :D

Onto Soundgarden nothing you've actually mentioned is actually rare is it, if your showing off it doesn't exactly work :O

Oh and the rare bit goes for Alice In Chains too :finger:

Yeah good one' date=' soundgarden were always in the same breath as nirvana, pearl jam, screaming trees, alice in chains. There is no way the forementioned bands are metal.

Have i bothered? Heh. I do have a very large collection of alice in chains and soundgarden.

Guess that means you have to get your head out of your own asshole then.

Alice in Chains - Selftitled, Dirt, Facelift, Heroin, Jar of Flies & Sap, Live, Music Bank, Nothings Safe, Unplugged. Plus various bootlegs.

Soundgarden - Badmotor finger, Ultramega OK, Flower EP, Louder Than Love, Screaming Life, Superunknown.

Is that good enough for your arse?? Fuck off and don't try and compete with me. You couldn't even come close to owning as much of the above as i have[/quote']

God, could you be any more up yourself?

For starters Heroin could only be some sort of bootleg or unofficial release so really who gives a flying fuck if you own it.

And as far as Soundgarden goes i think i pretty much obliterate what you've got there with a good five other releases..

Who exactly are you to tell people what is or isn't metal. Get a grip. Both of the above bands had elements of metal in their sound.

:down:

I wouldn't bet on it' date=' Apart from [b']Heroin ( i currently dont know what that is) i have everything on your list.

It's not a competition you know and if you have what you say you have, read the book that you get with the Music Bank boxset it tells you that AIC were a little like outsiders and a little too young to hang with the scene.

A few pages on it mentions there 1991 nomination for Favourite Heavy Metal Artist at the American Music Awards,on the next page it mentions there Grammy nomination for BEST METAL PERFORMANCE and finally a direct quoto from the booklet:-

"Dirt found immediate empathy not with their CORE METAL AUDIENCE , but with the bewildered Gen X. "

BUT YOU'D ALREADY KNOW ALL THAT COS YOUR SUCH A BIG FAN :D

Onto Soundgarden nothing you've actually mentioned is actually rare is it, if your showing off it doesn't exactly work :O

Oh and the rare bit goes for Alice In Chains too :finger:

Didn't say it was a contest, you stated that i had no knowledge.........

Heavy metal awards?? Way too melodic for me to be put in that category. For me alice in chains have always been alt rock. Heroin is a very rare import cd by the way ;)