aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Classic mistake. Always wait till the very last minute to change your team. I've tried to stick to this method which has resulted in making ridiculous/inspired decisions at various stages of inebriation fri night/sat morning.

Twitter is shite. So many "verified" accounts spout baseless nonsense. Even though they work for Sky or BBC or whoever, they rarely know owt. The amount of times Sky and BBC folk said Thiago to United was concrete was through the roof, and it was all bollocks.

It's rare that a deal is hijacked post-medical. Can't see it happening.

Then again, Sky Sports News are saying Chelsea are in.

Mata off? There's been rumours all summer that Mourinho isn't keen on him, which is MENTAL, but there's no smoke without fire and all that. He hasn't played a starring role in the past 2 games as he normally would. Didn't play at all against Hull and only came on for 25 minutes against Villa. Unless he's not fit, it seems weird for him to be kept out.

Mata for Rooney? Ahhh... Go on then.

If Spurs miss out on Willian, they should go for Lamela. He looks like he's going to be alot better anyway.

Edited by Joda Serk

the transfer window really has become unbearable thanks to twitter and these so called 'in-the-know' cunts (i hate that 'ITK' is even an acronym). I think something has to be done about it. I don't know what exactly but football as a sport is suffering thanks to these god-awful 'sagas' and the piss-poor journalism surrounding the sport. I read an article yesterday by the normally respectable Gabrielle marcoti about the Bale transfer. It was entitled something like 'how Real 'might' justify Bale's price tag'... even this guy has been reduced to just plain making things up. I suppose he at least admitted he was speculating throughout. 

What's the point in the FA, UEFA, FIFA, etc - these governing bodies do fuck all about anything when it comes to transfers. Surely there's a role they could play in not letting this nonsense get out of hand. The american leagues are involved at every stage in any transfer business and the result of it is minimal unfounded speculation, informed journalism and generally less of this pointlessly drawn out tabloid fodder.

just thinking... what are some high profile failings of medicals? i.e. has any huge signing gotten to the club, gone on the treadmill and shown he can't run or something?

Edit: google says there's loads. Ba failed a medical at stoke for example.

Edited by ca_gere

These are all pretty boring, but...

- Everton were set to sign Leroy Fer last year and he failed his medical (he's now at Norwich)

- Charlie Austin more recently failed a medical at Hull City and has since signed for QPR

- Alan Gow (remember him?) failed a medical at Wolves after a fee was agreed with Rangers (whom he played zero times for, according to Wiki. Rangers FC - ruining Scottish players' careers 1872-2012)