aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

So that's Kenny Miller retired from international football.

Not always been his biggest fan, nor always agreed with his selection but he's been an excellent servant to the national team, and never pulled out with "injuries". Performed extremely well against England a few weeks back, too. Probably the right time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23809765

• Upvote 1

So that's Kenny Miller retired from international football.

Not always been his biggest fan, nor always agreed with his selection but he's been an excellent servant to the national team, and never pulled out with "injuries". Performed extremely well against England a few weeks back, too. Probably the right time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23809765

Agreed.  I've cursed his selection a few times only for him to prove me wrong.  On one memorable occasion I swore loudly in the pub as he came off the bench only for him to score the winner a few minutes later. Think he's chosen the right moment.  Go out after that excellent performance against England and leave the path clear for those who'll be more involved in the next couple of campaigns.

If only some of our more talented players had his attitude!

These are all pretty boring, but...

- Everton were set to sign Leroy Fer last year and he failed his medical (he's now at Norwich)

- Charlie Austin more recently failed a medical at Hull City and has since signed for QPR

- Alan Gow (remember him?) failed a medical at Wolves after a fee was agreed with Rangers (whom he played zero times for, according to Wiki. Rangers FC - ruining Scottish players' careers 1872-2012)

My favourite one was Simon Colosimo who was one of Australia's brightest young talents and was due for a medical at Bayern Munich when he played a friendly for his then team Carlton SC against Man Utd. Little did he know that Andy Cole was going to inflict a two foot challenge of justice on his knee tearing both anterior and medial ligaments and resulting in him having to have his whole knee reconstructed. He ended up hobbling his way through the rest of what was all set to be a glittering career but instead ended up being a tour of the treatment rooms of some of the shittest leagues the world has to offer.

Andy Cole= Cunt.

Meh, it was a tackle, a bad one, but shit happens in sport. 

It is very unfair to blame his poor career on Cole. 

A bad one that meant he wasn't able to kick a ball for 6 months and then didn't have the same level of mobility in his knee so had to switch from playing in a midfield role to playing as a centre back. He's been horrendously injury prone on that knee since and quite clearly suffered mentally at the time. If that tackle hadn't happened his career might've taken a completely different path.

Darren Mackie is on his way back from Phoenix - http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/3365239#.UhcCOypX_GI

What a waste of time and energy that was. He played a couple of games, looked shite, blasted a pen miles over and was injured the rest of the time. The other ex-don Scott Morrison is looking alright from what i gather. I watched one of their games online once, it was a shambles but he looked handy - in centre mid too as opposed to right back where he's played most of his career.

What a waste of time and energy that was. He played a couple of games, looked shite, blasted a pen miles over and was injured the rest of the time. The other ex-don Scott Morrison is looking alright from what i gather. I watched one of their games online once, it was a shambles but he looked handy - in centre mid too as opposed to right back where he's played most of his career.

From what I've heard, Mackie was one of their best players due to the fact he was playing alongside those you'd find in a Sunday Pub league team.

He perhaps made a few runs inexperienced players wouldn't and was positionally a little more aware but in terms of technical ability he was way down the list in the game I watched. Most players are actually college-level which means they're in much better shape than a 'pub' team. It's not just ladz who 'fancy a game', these are athletes who haven't experienced high level coaching or playing.

"Saga".

That's a good word transfer-window-word. United chasing Thiago was a "saga". It makes it sound so epic, like the whole negotiation was a huge open world RPG.

Lord Woodward and David the Moyes set forth through the hills of Catalonia to retrieve young Alcantara from the jaws of evil, shackled to the bench, lest he break free from the grip of the gatekeeper, Tito of Vilanova. The troll under the bridge, Mazinho, is to be bargained with, but not to be trusted, for he will take pieces of silver from any man. But wait! Murder most foul! King Pep emerges from the murky woods, with a sword through the back of Lord Woodward and David the Moyes, crossing Mazinho's palms with 25 pieces of silver. The gatekeeper steps aside. Alcantara's freedom is granted. King Pep marches forth to victory.

• Upvote 2

Cabaye is refusing to play apparently. Arsenal are gonna bid 13m. Pretty derisory. He's an excellent player, although he rarely showed it last season. We have to shift the stroppy cunt, but I wouldn't take anything less than 18m. He's worth at least that to us. 

Two seasons ago we had a great midfield. Tiote and Cabaye were incredible. Tiote has played like a drunk fanny for the last 12 months, and Cabaye only showed his quality in brief glimpses last season. This goes hand-in-hand with dips in form from Coloccini, Krul, Santon, Sissoko, Ben Arfa... everyone in the squad, almost. I'm convinced that if we were to sign Lionel Messi this summer, Pardew would find a way to make him look like Ade Akinbiyi.

• Upvote 1