aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Gnarby and Zelalem.  I want to see them get some game time, huge talent.  No talented young central defenders though, sadly.

I reckon 4 players will come in now.  How good I don't know.  There are still a lot of great players "available" if you're willing to pay the market price (which Wenger doesn't seem to want to I.E. Gustavo, Higuain etc all too expensive for how good they are he decided).

Luis Gustavo turned down the Arsenal contract as he wanted to stay in Germany, i don't think it was money related as Bayern accepted Arsenals offer.

Edited by Alkaline

The ref had a shocker if you watch the whole of that game.  No consistency with bookings or even decisions.  How Vlaar was still on the pitch is a mystery that only he can answer.  It was never a penalty and therefore never a red card either but...

Arsenal set themselves up for this.  A squad of 15 senior players fit on opening day is nothing short of pathetic.  Clearing out the "deadwood" as they did is all well and good but the need for investment is clear.  The excuses that have come out of the Arsenal higher ups are pathetic so far.  "We are working very hard", "The market hasn't moved as we expected", "We are looking for quality not quantity".  They need to make the market move!  Clearly you aren't working hard enough and now with Ox likely out at least 2 months to 4 we need quantity and quality!  It'll take 100 million pounds to fix this mess.

The board, Gazidis and especially Wenger should be ashamed of themselves.  Banging on about having money to spend and sending out a squad like that on opening day is an embarrassment.  But maybe missing out on their precious Champions League cash cow is exactly what they need to wake up.

We'll see what's happened in 2 weeks time but right now it's a disgrace.

It was a definite penalty for me. He got the ball, but before he got the ball, he took out Gabby's trailing leg with his knee. I don't understand why Kos went to ground, as he looked like he had the upper hand with his positioning. Poor choice.

I agree Vlaar should have been off too.

Wayne Rooney didn't enjoy United's goals, as they put a dent on Chelsea's title hopes, the fucking prat

article-0-1B5836C5000005DC-509_634x395.j

It's high time Phil Jones went through the back of him in training to put him out for the season. Go for the knees, Phil, with your fuckugly face.

I don't understand why Arsenal ALWAYS leave it late to make signings.

Get your business done early, take your new signings away on your pre-season trips and get them integrated with the squad! Yes, you may save 10-15% on a transfer fee by waiting but is that preferable to the advantage of having everyone raring to go when the season kicks off?

I've not seen any of the highlights from the weekend, will likely watch tonight but I can't wait for Wenger's interview.

40 million would be pretty good value for the pair I'd say.

The media was reporting that the breakdown was 12 for Baines and 16 for Fellaini.  

That's pretty low for Baines, but the valuations he's got all summer have seemed very low imo.  You should be asking at least 20 for him as he's one of the best in his position, he's not too old, Everton have him on a full contract and he doesn't seen like he's desperate to leave.  Oh and you can add on the English player tax.

I've had my Arsenal rant.  It's infuriating.

Not sure what Moyes is playing at, that's a joke bid for Baines and Fellaini.  Seems like they are just trying to unsettle them with a bid like that.

Shite bids, way too late in the window. And why waste money on Baines when Pat Evra is invincible and can probably keep going for another 2 or 3 years at least, and also whilst there's Fabio and Buttner to deputise? Paddy doesn't get injured, ever, and if he does, Fabio is smart, and Buttner is utterly ridiculous, with his Cruyff turns in his own half, Lucio style. NO BAINES.

Throw everything at getting Fellaini. Not my first choice, but United didn't seem bothered about Thiago, which was mental, and wasted about a month making two dickhead bids for Fabregas who isn't ever going to leave, nor are Barca ever going to sell. What a total circus. Fellani ticks the "Better than Anderson and Cleverley" criteria which means he's a concrete starter.

At least United have Danny Welbeck, who is going to kick the fuck out of everyone this season. That lob. Damn, yo.

Yeah the dons looked solid enough up to that point, daft sending off for Clangers, but probably deserved, should have just let him score. Celtic need a few players tho, especially upfront, Samaras is just not a good enough focal point, he is much better coming in off wide or from deep. 

The supermarket sweep has begun, so far this morning journos from the slightly more respectable papers have reported 10 mill for Cabaye (I don't even understand that, at least go to 15 then they have some form of decision to make), 20 million bid for Pogba, enquiry on Kondogbia (just pay the 17 mill release ffs!) and a figure of about 35 million for Michu/Williams.

Great job board/Gazidis/Wenger.  Glad you waited till after losing the first game.  Think of all the wages you would have paid those guys throughout July and August.  Smart move to save that money.

Its just all so odd. What have they been up to all summer? Same with United, why are they persisting with this Fab stuff when he was never going to move?  Something just seems strange this summer. 

Yeah the dons looked solid enough up to that point, daft sending off for Clangers, but probably deserved, should have just let him score. Celtic need a few players tho, especially upfront, Samaras is just not a good enough focal point, he is much better coming in off wide or from deep. 

All the blame for the penalty is on Anderson.  Samaras should never have been one on one with Langfield to begin with.

Celtic had a lot of possession but did nothing with it aside from the pen and a lucky deflection.  We should have taken the chances we had and made more of a game of it.  Was disappointing after all the build up but still no reason for us to be dis-heartened after it.

All the blame for the penalty is on Anderson.  Samaras should never have been one on one with Langfield to begin with.

Celtic had a lot of possession but did nothing with it aside from the pen and a lucky deflection.  We should have taken the chances we had and made more of a game of it.  Was disappointing after all the build up but still no reason for us to be dis-heartened after it.

True Anderson should never be getting beaten like that in the first place.

If McGinn had put that header anywhere except for where he did we would have been back in it as well. 

Hayes looks like he has the bit between his teeth this season, as does Pawlett. There is def hope for us. 

The supermarket sweep has begun, so far this morning journos from the slightly more respectable papers have reported 10 mill for Cabaye (I don't even understand that, at least go to 15 then they have some form of decision to make), 20 million bid for Pogba, enquiry on Kondogbia (just pay the 17 mill release ffs!) and a figure of about 35 million for Michu/Williams.

Great job board/Gazidis/Wenger.  Glad you waited till after losing the first game.  Think of all the wages you would have paid those guys throughout July and August.  Smart move to save that money.

I read yesterday that the reason nobody has snatched Kondogbia yet is because of needlessly difficult 3rd party ownership. I think if it wasn't for that, everyone would be all over his release clause. It's also why Falcao went to Monaco and not to, y'know, a good team. I don't understand what purpose this 3rd party stuff serves. It just seems to complicate everything.

Spurs have done great business strengthening positions all over the pitch.

Replacing Parker, Adebayor, huddlestone and Dempsey with paulinho, soldado, Chadli and capoue. The squad looks great you forget they have people like Holtby as well!

Spurs should go hard for Willian then they'd be pretty set. Even if they lose Bale that squad is really good.

Edited by Captain America