aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

So Bale goes to real and benzema and di maria go to arsenal. Good move all round. Neither player is loved by coach or fans at real. Benzema likes a sulk and is french which makes him perfect to work under wenger. Can see his form go either way though (much like giroud or podolski who look world beaters one day and sunday league the next). You get what you see with di maria though. Knows where the goal is and runs like young adolescent chasing a bowl of coco pops.

So Bale goes to real and benzema and di maria go to arsenal. Good move all round. Neither player is loved by coach or fans at real. Benzema likes a sulk and is french which makes him perfect to work under wenger. Can see his form go either way though (much like giroud or podolski who look world beaters one day and sunday league the next). You get what you see with di maria though. Knows where the goal is and runs like young adolescent chasing a bowl of coco pops.

If this happened I think Suarez to Real could be on as well.

Villa were robbed last night. Lambert looked like he was going to turn into a bolt of electricity, Blanka-style, out on the touchline. Pure rage. And understandably. Ivanovic should have been off, then scored the winner. Handball by Terry in the box. Nothing given. Villa were unlucky to have only 3 points from playing Arsenal and Chelsea away, which is crazy. Liverpool next. Who gave them this hellish start?

Villa's counter attack is good to watch. Is there a quicker front 3 than Gabby, Benteke and Weimann? Big boys too, so even if they are up against a nippy fullback, they'll just mow him down. They are a bit soft in midfield though. A good quality box-to-boxer would have them looking pretty great.

Chelsea really do look lacking upfront. Lukaku is their best striker, arguably. But I don't think the club are ready to put all their faith in him yet. I like Ba too, but I don't think he's quite title-winning material. Torres is just knackered. They do everything right all over the pitch, but look to be lacking someone to finish it off. If Arsenal's bid for Benzema makes waves, I wonder if Chelsea will stick their oar in too?

Yes! Football!

Yeah there is no way Villa are letting Bentekkers go for less than 30+ mill.

Market value is 40 on Benzema mainly because of the stupid france market earlier in the window and how much Napoli payed for Higuain.

No one has been worth the money in this window.  Higuain?  Soldado isn't a 26mill striker.  Rooney priced at like 40?  50 million for Cavani?  90+ million for Bale?

You have to pay the market value, not the players actual worth.  It's not just Arsenal.

Villa were robbed last night. Lambert looked like he was going to turn into a bolt of electricity, Blanka-style, out on the touchline. Pure rage. And understandably. Ivanovic should have been off, then scored the winner. Handball by Terry in the box. Nothing given. Villa were unlucky to have only 3 points from playing Arsenal and Chelsea away, which is crazy. Liverpool next. Who gave them this hellish start?

Villa's counter attack is good to watch. Is there a quicker front 3 than Gabby, Benteke and Weimann? Big boys too, so even if they are up against a nippy fullback, they'll just mow him down. They are a bit soft in midfield though. A good quality box-to-boxer would have them looking pretty great.

Chelsea really do look lacking upfront. Lukaku is their best striker, arguably. But I don't think the club are ready to put all their faith in him yet. I like Ba too, but I don't think he's quite title-winning material. Torres is just knackered. They do everything right all over the pitch, but look to be lacking someone to finish it off. If Arsenal's bid for Benzema makes waves, I wonder if Chelsea will stick their oar in too?

Yes! Football!

Makes Moyes comments on the Manyoo start to the season seem even more silly.

Villa had Arsenal away, Chelsea away and then Liverplol.  Unlucky not to have at least 4 points as you said!

Yeah Soldado is about 20 I'd say still thats more than a 25% inflation.  It just the current market.

So I wouldn't be too fussed about overpaying for Benzema.

Pleased with how Giroud is playing anyway, he got a stupid amount of flack from the media last season.  Like being called a flop after two games.  Fuck off, solid first season and great start to this one.

Also he's a total dreamboat.

The treatment of Giroud was harsh. He scored a good amount of goals for a debut season last year, though took half a dozen games to really get going. I think the whole Arsenal team took a few games to get going.

He's replaced Tim Cahill as bestest headerer in the league.

He's also a total dreamboat.