aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

I hope this is the catalyst for The Rangers throwing shitloads more cash at their squad, which will ultimately lead to them dying a painful death.

It think it will be. I fancy Hearts to win the division next year, mainly due to their strong finish to the season just finished. Rangers have trimmed their squad without bringing anybody in thus far (I do realise it's May); only rumour I've heard is Kenny Miller potentially re-signing? Anyway he'll be looking for a large final payslip, and the only way I see them storming the division is by matching that signing with one of equal quality,like Kris Boyd for example who will not be available on the cheap given the form he is in.

I think their midfield is okay, but in defence they are absolute garbage. Ricky Foster has become a mainstay in their back 4, and Moshni is like a really really really shite David Luiz.

My flatmate through uni is a family friend of Neil Lennon and pretty much said all of this to me when I slagged him off when we were having a pint recently.  I've never seen him so animated about anything and he's not even a football fan.  I don't like Neil Lennon in the same way I don't like Celtic, but a lot that article is pretty spot on IMO.  His treatment is totally OTT. 

• Upvote 2

FAO: Lucky Rathen

The Dons are heading to Poland for their pre-season training camp, so you'll get to see them play St Patricks on the 21st June (venue tbc).

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20140526/afc-pre-season-training-programme_2217950_3858666

Fuck's sake. 21st June I'm at a wedding in Aberdeen.

Last year they came over and played against UCD. I booked the Wednesday night off work so I could go to the game. Tuesday night my mate texts me.

"How's the game so far?" 

Me - "What game? The Dons? It's not until tomorrow."

Mate - "Nope. It's half time and we're up 1-0".

Me - "FFFFUUUUU......."