aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

That's Eriksen confirmed at Spurs. That squad is giving me mad pingers. Bale isn't a big loss anymore. It's a great piece of business selling one superstar and getting 6 (or however many that is now) great players.

Still operating on a profit as well, in terms of incoming vs outgoing. Unreal business.

crikey at fucking last that bloody Gareth Bale transfer is finally going through!  Good business by Spurs, fuck he's good but not that good, he might not adapt to life in Spain at all....

No offense but anyone who doesnt think Bale is an utter beast capable of being up there with the all time greats is mad. Hes made some of the best players in the world look ordinary and produced feats on the pitch that youre lucky to see once in a lifetime. Its simple business for real. Bale does some bale magic even just a few times this season he'll be making that 'astronomical' fee back tenfold for his club. Shirt sales, tv deals, sponsorship, stock prices.. transfer fees are small change compared to the impact a player of bale's potential can make.

Im not saying hes a tried and tested performer yet. Hes had a couple of great seasons but when he produces quality its like hes playing against sunday league players. Thats rare and highly valuable.

That luke shaw tweet summed bale up perfectly. When challenged by a fan why he didnt track him for his goal against southampton he simply replied 'couldnt catch him :(' its that gap that, even if its seen only a handful of times this season, could be so lucrative for real.

• Upvote 1

I'm not suggesting he is not a quality world class player, he is clearly awesome but its a big move to Real with a lot of pressure, can he handle it?  And is not just him but anyone worth that kind of silly money is my point.  But I guess that's how the game is these days, you want your man then you gotta stump up an over inflated transfer fee.

I can't remember the last time a club did such good work in a transfer window. Spurs have done incredible business. You've got to say Levy is doing a fantastic job.

Still, I don't think they've used the Bale money quite as well as Liverpool spent the money they got for Torres.

I think it's Baldini that's made the difference with identifying the players.  Then they just send Levy in to negotiate the shit out of them.

Was at Tannadice today watching us vs Celtic.  Pretty blah game.  Very average Celtic side and we are really lacking in the midfield.  Need to see a replay of the free kick that was given for the goal from where I was he went over very theatrically but he could still have been fouled and made a meal of it.

fuck me my team the usual hapless and hopeless Cambridge United have propelled themselves to the top of the conference.  For the second time this season.  Us toilet football fans are not used to this and it is causing many feelings of confusion and delusion.  This is our ninth season down here, it is a grim place at the best of times and until this season we have never been top. Now we done it twice in the space of a week.  Like waiting for a bus...

I have no idea if we can sustain it over the next forty games and quite frankly right now don't care.  When you support a shit club you expect lean times so you gotta grab a situation like with both hands and marvel in the joy!

In the real world of football, Owen and Savage as the main pundits on MOTD Sat night??? I know there were beyond shit games but come on you can do better for our license fee!!!

Shite game. Shite line up. GIGGS? 3 games in a row. Kagawa not even in the squad when he should have filled in for Rooney. Ashley pissing Young starts. Tom Cleverley is the most unremarkable footballer. Hasn't quite kicked on as he should. He is bang average at everything, at best. Phil Jones gets injured landing from a header, as pretty much all his injuries occur.

If Moyes doesn't buy two midfielders tomorrow, he's toast. 3 central midfielders in the whole squad, and one of them is 32, whilst the other two are injury prone (and also not very good). Fellaini and Herrera aren't first choice but first choice isn't an option anymore. Missing Thiago was bonkers. Bidding pennies for Fabregas was mental.

And Marriner is a cunt. Every 50/50 went the other way. Evra got wiped out by Lucas and Henderson, then Johnson injured himself clattering into him. Sandwiched. No foul.

Edited by Joda Serk

Tit. How can he be happy with only 3 midfielders? How can he be happy watching Tom Cleverley fall to pieces when an attacking player presses him in possession? David De Gea has more touched of the ball than RVP and Hernandez combined. Just so negative, can't handle teams who press, when the game was open in the first half, United didn't go for it. Liverpool protected the lead in the second half, and by then it was too late.

Awww. I had a theory that Jim White was secretly paying Levy to hold the deal back so that he'd have something to shout about before the transfer window SLAMS SHUT tomorrow night.

I guess we'll have to put up with David Craig hanging around St. James' Park with nothing to announce instead.

I do hope that twitter account is fake. Otherwise I don't want to be a football fan any more.

Two shit games today. Also hope Arsenal make some signings. Desperately need to strengthen. Cut loose some dead wood over the summer and haven't replaced them, while all the other top 6 teams have strengthened. No chance of coasting into 4th place this season with no new players. I'm actually surprised they won today.