aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker

Current First Aberdeen Services:

Service 1 (Danestone - Garthdee & RGU) (Every 8 Minutes Term Time) (Every 15 Minutes Not Term Time) (Red Line)

Service 2 (Ashwood - Auchinyell & RGU) (Every 8 Minutes Term Time) (Every 15 Minutes Not Term Time) (Red Line)

Service 3 (Mastrick - Cove) (Every 10 Minutes) (Purple Line)

Service 4 (Dubford - ARI) (Hourly) (No Sunday Service)

Service 5 (Cragiebuckler - Balnagask) (Every 30 Minutes) (Lime Green Line) (No Evening Service) (Serves Airyhall on Sunday Only)

Service X10 (Kingswells P&R - RGU) (Various Times) (Park & Ride) (No Evening or Weekend Service)

Service 11 (Northfield - Woodend/Kingswells) (Every 10 Minutes) (Orange Line)

Service 12 (Heathryfold - Tory) (Every 10 Minutes) (Green Line)

Service 13 (Seaton - Scatterburn) (Every 20 Minutes) (Pink Line)

Service 15 (Airyhall/Holburn Junction - Beach Retail Park) (Every 30 Minutes) (Salmon Line) (No Evening Service) (Does not serve Airyhall on Sunday)

Service 17 (Newhills - Faulds Gate) (Every 15 Minutes) (Northern Lights Line) (No Evening Service)

Service 17A (Dyce - Faulds Gate) (Every 30 Minutes) (Northern Lights Line) (Evenings & Sunday Only)

Service 18 (Dyce - Redmoss/Altens) (Every 15 Minutes) (Northern Lights Line) (No Evening or Sunday Service)

Service 19 (Tillydrone - Culter) (Every 12 Minutes) (Turquoise Line) (Mostly Double Decker)

Service 20 (Hillhead - Union Terrace) (Every 20 Minutes Term Time) (Every 30 Minutes Not Term Time) (Indigo Line)

Service 23 (Heathryfold - Sheddocksley) (Every 10 Minutes) (Yellow Line)

Service 27 (Airport - Guild Street) (Various Times)

Service 40 (Dubford - ARI/Kingswells P&R) (Every 15 Minutes) (Park & Ride) (Pink/Purple Line) (No Sunday Service) (Does not serve Kingswells in the evenings)

Night Buses

Service N1 (Danestone - City Centre) (Every 30 Minutes) (Via Ashwood and Hilton)

Service N17 (Dyce - City Centre) (Every 30 Minutes) (Via Newhills and Hilton)

Service N19 (Culter - City Centre) (Every 30 Minutes) 

Service N20 (Hillhead - City Centre) (Every 30 Minutes) (Term Time Only)

Service N21 (City Centre - City Centre Circular) (Hourly) (Via Kincorth and Cove)

Service N23 (City Centre - Kingswells) (Hourly) (Via Sheddocksley)

Changes

Service 1 & 2 now have a combined Every 4 Minute service during term time to service the now busier RGU.

New Service X10 running 2 times in the morning and 2 times between near 6pm giving the improved RGU a Park & Ride option.

Service 11 now has a Every 10 Minute frequency instead of Every 12 Minute. It no longer serves Kingswells during the day and only goes Evening and Sunday's.

Service 12 now has a Every 10 Minute frequency instead of Every 12 Minute.

Service 40 now has a frequency of Every 15 Minute frequency instead of Every 20 Minute and will now travel through Kingswells.

Edited by Cool Thinker
  • Upvote 2

Guest Cool Thinker

why do they keep changing it? does it  now always go up to kingswells as sometimes i see it going up that way then next it goes up towards A&E?

During the day it will go to Kingswells but at night it will not go there and terminate at ARI. The 11 will go to Kingswells when the 40 does not so Evenings and Sunday. They presumably go to Kingswells P&R again full time because the Bridge of Don one is apparently closing. Also ARI is becoming like a bus station there is no room.

What's wrong with increasing the frequency???

The 40 is the park and ride, which always goes to Kingswells and goes past the hospital.

Wrong, in 2012 it was changed so that it went from Dubford to ARI via Bridge of Don P&R and had an extra bus Number 41 Kingswells P&R to ARI during that time the park and ride from Kingswells would take 2 buses to get to town. They later changed it so that some go to Kingswells P&R and some go to the hospital but now during the day they will always go to Kingswells P&R but also go through the village to replace Service 11 during the day which will now terminate at Woodend when the 40 runs to Kingswells.

It is now more of a dual service like it's a normal service yet a Park & Ride at the same time to accompany this change they have branded the buses to be completely Pink/Purple.

It now has a colour which you can see on this map although I do not know what colour it is:

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/aberdeen/assets/pdfs/maps/Aberdeen_Network_Map.pdf

Note the X10 is missing from the map.

Edited by Cool Thinker

During the day it will go to Kingswells but at night it will not go there and terminate at ARI. The 11 will go to Kingswells when the 40 does not so Evenings and Sunday. They presumably go to Kingswells P&R again full time because the Bridge of Don one is apparently closing. Also ARI is becoming like a bus station there is no room.

What's wrong with increasing the frequency???

thats good as it gets me home quicker and it wont be hand to hand contact to get a seat like it is on the 23! nothing wrong with increasing frequency its a better idea to be more efficient. now how about some cheerier  bus drivers

Guest Cool Thinker

When did this happen?? I was in there last month, and they had no signs up saying they were going to close.

I have not seen it either I just seen it in the Evening Express saying it closed earlier in the month. I thought the lease ran out next year they must of negotiated a escape deal. :( I didn't like how it did not have a fictional section it was all educational books. There was a picture of the windows and doors all white. Looks like they were probably given 1 days notice.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/3393154

Why doesn't Blackwells have a normal bookshop in Aberdeen all they have currently is an educational one.

Edited by Cool Thinker

I have not seen it either I just seen it in the Evening Express saying it closed earlier in the month. I thought the lease ran out next year they must of negotiated a escape deal. :( I didn't like how it did not have a fictional section it was all educational books.

There has never not been a fiction section in there. I'd say about half of the shop was taken up by was general fiction/crime/sci-fi/kids fiction. The academic section was tiny in comparison.

But, for your records CT, it shut on the 31st August of this year. Having spent four years there, I was sad to see all the windows papered up as I passed whilst visiting Aberdeen this weekend. Lots of stupid memories of that place and its terrifying storage space underneath Union Street. May god bless Waterstone's Langstane and all who sailed in her.

Guest Cool Thinker

There has never not been a fiction section in there. I'd say about half of the shop was taken up by was general fiction/crime/sci-fi/kids fiction. The academic section was tiny in comparison.

But, for your records CT, it shut on the 31st August of this year. Having spent four years there, I was sad to see all the windows papered up as I passed whilst visiting Aberdeen this weekend. Lots of stupid memories of that place and its terrifying storage space underneath Union Street. May god bless Waterstone's Langstane and all who sailed in her.

It will be missed I had a look around it a few times but went to Union Bridge due to there being a lack of fiction but the post above suggests different :(.

2 new shops and a pub on the way.

Edited by Cool Thinker

I preferred this shop. Great Biography and Politics sections. Better staff recommendations as well. Edited by colb