aberdeen-music

Aberdeen: The most miserable place to live in the UK?

Paranoid Android

If people like you got the fuck out maybe I'd be happier. I'll stay where I was born till I die, there's not any fucking alternative is there.

Anyone happy in Aberdeen is either a liar, or middle class....no time for either.

Still wondering about this middle class angle you got going on here, care to explain?

I confess...I wish the vast majority of Polish, Lithuanian, Russian, whatevers would just fuck off. Aberdeen was shit enough before. A good friend of mine and colleague is Polish...and he feels stronger about it than I do! But he's not a racist, wife beating, drug dealing type with 6 kids to support. We have enough of them in Aberdeen already and I wish they would fuck off too. I didn't realise drug dealer / pimp / prostitute/lap dancer / toilet cleaner / road sweeper / bus driver was a job that we were in such high demand for and have no one capable of doing here that we need to double Aberdeen's population for. I work in a global company and come in contact with all cultures/ethnicity etc everyday. and would welcome the majority of people I work with with open arms...but seriously...what the fuck is going on...Poland can't be that bad that Printfield or Logie or Tillydrone seem like exotic dream getaways?!

this guy.

Fuck off you absolute bell end, honestly. There are plenty of alternatives, moving out of the city is no harder than moving flat, the fact is your most likely to fucking lazy to go to the bother of finding out how you could do it, youd rather sit on your arse and moan about it. I hate people like that, your a waste of air as far as im concerned, ill happily keep my lie filled, middle class way of living if dickheads like you move away and dont come back.

Whilst I think Aberdeen is aiiiight and I don't agree with Emergency's ranting about it, what you say here is a bit off the mark. Moving from one flat to another in the same place means you're more than likely to stay in your current job. Moving elsewhere with no job -or- trekking back and forth to that place for interviews until you've secured a job and THEN moving there, is a little bit of a step up from just packing up your super noodles and xbox controllers and moving from Rosemount to Rosehill.

I dig Aberdeen, but if I had the motivation (and also the money) to look for jobs and travel to attend interviews back in Leeds, then I would. Travelling is expensive, so I'm here for now. It's good though. I like living 5 minutes from the beach. Aberdeen pies are the business too.

• Upvote 1

I'd hate to live in a place where people don't keep themselves to themselves.

The people of Aberdeen may be stereotypically dour bastards, but if they're not stopping me in the street and telling me about it, that's fine by me. Aberdeen, a big town where everyone hates each other until they have a reason not to.

oh I laughed...now 'bell end' and yesterday 'fudd' anyone gonna use 'jap's eye'? Ah come on 'jap's eye's' my favourite.... or is it racist (?) jeez can I retract that? feckin' compu

we were discussing this recently and decided that japs eye is definitely racist, though certainly not intended as such by the majority of users. we proposed cockslit as a suitable alternative.

• Upvote 1

depends on what you look for in a city, surely? there are positives and negatives to every city. i can understand why some people like aberdeen as a city to live; it's got many things going for it! but just because i don't really like aberdeen as a place to live overall... that doesn't mean i can't criticise it! the attitude of "if you don't like it here, fuck off" isn't really the best one, imo.

but what do i know, i live in edinburgh.

depends on what you look for in a city, surely? there are positives and negatives to every city. i can understand why some people like aberdeen as a city to live; it's got many things going for it! but just because i don't really like aberdeen as a place to live overall... that doesn't mean i can't criticise it! the attitude of "if you don't like it here, fuck off" isn't really the best one, imo.

but what do i know, i live in edinburgh.

Alright, well trying to change things for the better is actually probably a lot healthier an idea to have but what I said was in response to some prick moaning about it and doing nothing. A lot of people in the city do that, both natives and folk from other cities and it irks me hugely.

You never realise just how important this is 'til you move to some shithole like Glasgow where Greggs has decimated the competition, and everyone thinks that is just fine by them. Thains/Aitkens/Auld Toon/Any Local Random Baker all the way.

I take Aberdeen pies home at Christmas for my English family to savour. English pies are all the puff pastry kind, and we ruin a good Steak pie by stuffing it chock full of some crumbly grim by-product like kidney. Barf.

Alright, well trying to change things for the better is actually probably a lot healthier an idea to have but what I said was in response to some prick moaning about it and doing nothing. A lot of people in the city do that, both natives and folk from other cities and it irks me hugely.

im the same hence my overly aggressive post, i hate people who sit here and moan about being here, if aberdeen is so bad be proactive and do something about it.

oh aye, agree 100% with you on that.

I've lived in Aberdeen all my adult life. I like it. I'm feeling a bit old now that I can play the "pub Z used to be called pub Y" game (and sometimes can remember when it was called pub X ) but I'd rather that than be huddled round a lightbox in the early evening cursing the lack of ambient light so I guess I should be thankful.