aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Does the buzzing sound only appear if your laptop is plugged into the mains? Mine does that and it disappears completely when it is unplugged and running from the battery.

There's a good chance that the more expensive cables would eliminate the buzzing however do you have an HDMI (and do you have a spare HDMI cable?) out of your laptop and is your TV HD Ready and is it connected to your hifi?

My lap top is old and has no HDMI out. I will check whether or not the buzzing is due to mains interference when I get home tonight. Since it is only one cable, and I listen to 2 thirds of my music from my laptop, I don't really mind investing a bit extra into a patch cable if it means improved shielding and/or sound quality.

My lap top is old and has no HDMI out. I will check whether or not the buzzing is due to mains interference when I get home tonight. Since it is only one cable, and I listen to 2 thirds of my music from my laptop, I don't really mind investing a bit extra into a patch cable if it means improved shielding and/or sound quality.

I'd still invest in a better quality audio cable in the shortest run that you can get away with.

If you are in town during the week day, pop along to Ruby House, behind the Forum, and speak to them face to face.

Great suggestion! Pity I work Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00 in Edinburgh. I think a letter will have to be my first course of action.

I have already looked into this. It's open at exactly the same time as I work, so until I get some annual leave in May, I cannot speak to them face-to-face.

Thank you for your suggestion.

If you are in town during the week day, pop along to Ruby House, behind the Forum, and speak to them face to face.

I've been there a couple of times. They just usher you to a phone, so you can ring them for free on an internal line. You also get fast tracked instead of sitting on hold with the plebs phoning from their own phones. standard hold time with HMRC is something like half an hour. It's mad.

Guest Cool Thinker

How the fuck is anyone going to know that? if you know him that well, phone him and ask.

Does anyone know if my friend Gary still lives on South Anderson Drive?

Does your friends Gary have about 50 cousins and connections all over the city. When he lived at Cornhill Square (he might still do) he was well known by the locals for living there.

The McAllister's are like the Mafia they are well known. Also my dad would not like me contacting him because one of his friends was murdered by one of the McAllister family.

Edited by Cool Thinker