aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

He wouldn't complain at all. That's the thing. He's the nicest, most polite, considerate, thoughtful flatmate I've ever had. If I walk into the room and he's watching something I don't watch, or watching a DVD, or playing a game he literally leaps up and switches it off before I can even sit down and makes sure there's something on that we both like. Even if I'm sitting playing Football Manager and not even looking at the telly. So I always try to return the favour just out of nicencess. Though odd you should quote wrestling. I do force him to watch between 6 and 8 hours of wrestling every week. But he likes it now, so that's OK.

Thats sounds awful.

Does anyone have a hi-fi stereo amp I could perhaps borrow for a very short amount of time?

For some reason, my amp/speaker set up has started sounding like arse all of a sudden, and I don't know whether it's the amp or the speakers. I just wanted to try another amp with my speakers to see if that solves anything.

I'm after a drum pad - ideally one that I can either load samples on to, but if that's expensive one I can plug into a laptop will do.

I doesn't need to be fancy, i'll just need to hold a few audio clips, a few seconds long and trigger them when needed. An individual drumpad will do if I can change the sample between songs, it doesn't need to be one of the big, expensive boards.

Anyone know where I can find what I'm after?

I've tried eBay but they only seem to have either practice pads or the big, expensive jobbies - although I could be searching for the wrong thing. Is there a specific name for this thing?

xx

Is there any good site to get .m4v videos other than the itunes store? I know I can just convert .avi's using handbrake or whatever but I'm wondering if there is a site that specializes in .m4v?

I got apple tv and it's great but I don't have many native itunes movies/tv shows.

Legal sites of course.

Trying to remember the name of an old horror film I saw once. It's black and white, can't remember who's in it, but it follows an old guy who makes masks and stuff for horror movies. Wolfman, Frankenstein kinda stuff. I can't remember exactly what happens but I think he kills people for some reason, and he invites two young movie stars round to his house and I think he ties them up and puts masks on them and tries to kill them or something. Then the house burns down and they escape but he dies along with all his masks and stuff. Anyone got any idea what this film is?

Anyone driven from Aberdeen to Stranraer?

How long does it take?

Do you have to go through Glasgow or is there a road that just goes right past it?

It takes about 4/4.5hrs to get to Dumfries (which isn't far from Stranraer) from here (i've done it regularly) so i'd guess going past Glasgow on the west side and down the west coast would take about 5/5.5hrs(ish).

You've got to go round the west-side of Glasgow whatever way you take realistically time/distance-wise.

Anyone driven from Aberdeen to Stranraer?

How long does it take?

Do you have to go through Glasgow or is there a road that just goes right past it?

Apparently 5 hours. And yes, on the M8 over the Kingston Bridge and down the M77. You'd probably be able to use the new M74 extension to miss out the M8. Google says it will cost £43 in fuel too! Haha.

Pianos in live concerts - are they mic'd up or is there some other way that you can hear a piano in a massive concert hall?

They'll be mic'd.

See here: http://www.dpamicrophones.com/en/Download/~/media/PDF/Download/grandpiano.pdf & http://www.churchproduction.com/go.php/article/techniques_for_micing_acoustic_piano

Guest Gladstone

Are there any dentists in Dyce?

Any google search is just throwing up dentists in Aberdeen which I'm not interested in. Failing that any on my route home would be good - Newmachar or Methlick perhaps?

Are there any dentists in Dyce?

Any google search is just throwing up dentists in Aberdeen which I'm not interested in. Failing that any on my route home would be good - Newmachar or Methlick perhaps?

There's one in Mintlaw if that's any use - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=5633690447274126650&q=nhs+dentist+mintlaw&hl=en&gl=uk&ved=0CEsQ-gswAA&sa=X&ei=LAugToHzN4m_8gOOv8mmDA

Guest Gladstone

Cheers - I used to go to that one in Mintlaw when I was a nipper. That is the one closest to where I live, but closer to work would be handier (without going in the opposite direction from home which is what I would have to do if I went into town).

Is there one in Inverurie perhaps?