aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Can you change the 'posts per page' settings on the new board?

I used to have 50 posts per page and it feels so puny only having 15 these days :(

Don't think so, not just now anyway. Might be something we can change later though once we're fully up to speed with all the new stuff. Btw, I'm pretty sure it's 20, not 15?

If the Scotland match is live on the BBC tonight, will I be able to watch it live on the BBC website? We only have one telly in the house and my flatmate hates football. I always feel a bit guilty about putting it on it the living room.

"Coverage: Live on BBC One Scotland, BBC Two elsewhere in UK, BBC Radio Scotland 810MW, BBC Sport website (UK users only)"

Yes!

Guest Gladstone
Back of the net!

"Coverage" might mean text updates on the BBC website though - not necessarily being streamed live on the website. Given that the match is on BBC it probably does mean it's being streamed live though.

I just moved from a football hating flat to a football loving flat. A big step up in the world. To make it even better here there's a playstation 3 with PES2011. I haven't played football games in years though and it turns out I'm rubbish now. You have to actually aim where you want the ball to go. Nonsense.

Surely your flatmate can put up with an hour and a half of football, just this once? Sounds a bit unreasonable if not.

Have you tried this?

elbow.jpg

Or get a better room mate who likes football. I find it hard to trust people who don't like football.

He wouldn't complain at all. That's the thing. He's the nicest, most polite, considerate, thoughtful flatmate I've ever had. If I walk into the room and he's watching something I don't watch, or watching a DVD, or playing a game he literally leaps up and switches it off before I can even sit down and makes sure there's something on that we both like. Even if I'm sitting playing Football Manager and not even looking at the telly. So I always try to return the favour just out of nicencess. Though odd you should quote wrestling. I do force him to watch between 6 and 8 hours of wrestling every week. But he likes it now, so that's OK.

He wouldn't complain at all. That's the thing. He's the nicest, most polite, considerate, thoughtful flatmate I've ever had. If I walk into the room and he's watching something I don't watch, or watching a DVD, or playing a game he literally leaps up and switches it off before I can even sit down and makes sure there's something on that we both like. Even if I'm sitting playing Football Manager and not even looking at the telly. So I always try to return the favour just out of nicencess. Though odd you should quote wrestling. I do force him to watch between 6 and 8 hours of wrestling every week. But he likes it now, so that's OK.

He sounds nice, but he also sounds too nice, and forces unrelenting niceness to be reciprocated.

You should take his niceness, turn that son'bitch sideways and stick it straight up his candyass.

I don't even like wrestling, but many life lessons can be learned from The Rock.

• Upvote 1

FIFA has been banging since FIFA 2005, but hardcore ProVo nerds were in denial. ProVo was definitely better through the early 00's though, but FIFA has continuously pulled away since 05, and now the gulf in quality is huge. I can't see them coming back. They had their chance, because FIFA11 was a bit toss, but then pulled it back with 12, which is the bees bollocks.

He sounds nice, but he also sounds too nice, and forces unrelenting niceness to be reciprocated.

You should take his niceness, turn that son'bitch sideways and stick it straight up his candyass.

I don't even like wrestling, but many life lessons can be learned from The Rock.

You should follow The Rock on twitter. He's brilliant. Sample quotes:

When U walk up to opportunity's door - don't knock on it. Kick that bitch in, smile and introduce yourself. #GetAfterIt

No magic formula. Change and success comes in your life comes when you decide it's "your time". #AttackThatFirstStep

Make today count - cause we ain't gettin' it back. #DictateTheTempo

Suns out, guns out. Finish your week strong. Good morning.

Sometimes we gotta get thru lot's of dirt to move mountains. Today - move your mountain.

Training for Survivor Series. Boots To Motherf*****n Asses. #TeamBringIt

http://twitter.com/#!/therock

Bring it!

• Upvote 1