aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Do any shops have the Orange Dark Terror in stock to try? Reviews have been good but all the youtube clips sound awful so I'd like to try one before comitting to getting an amp. I want a compact head but the only thing that stands out is a 120watt head and the Dark Terror is the only other thing that seems to reasonably fit the bill

Do any shops have the Orange Dark Terror in stock to try? Reviews have been good but all the youtube clips sound awful so I'd like to try one before comitting to getting an amp. I want a compact head but the only thing that stands out is a 120watt head and the Dark Terror is the only other thing that seems to reasonably fit the bill

R&B don't have one. We'll probably be doing another Orange order soon so I could try and get one in.

We just took on Blackstar though, maybe worth trying. The new HT-5 seems quite cool with the effects loop, external speaker out and such.

R&B don't have one. We'll probably be doing another Orange order soon so I could try and get one in.

We just took on Blackstar though, maybe worth trying. The new HT-5 seems quite cool with the effects loop, external speaker out and such.

Cheers for the reply. How much gain does the blackstar have though? That's always my concern with portable amps. Most are simply not built for heavier music! Ideally looking to get a really tight tone like this ->

I do have a OD pedal with a sovtek 12ax7 pre amp tube and tubescreamer so I could use those to supplement the amp but I'd rather have it onboard.

Only other amps that have interested me are a Bugera 333xl (120w so way too loud though for my flat so volume would barely be past 1!) and the late contender is a Krank revolution jr pro. Where I will be able to hear one of them in person is beyond me, however it seems like the best 'portable' option. I know the band I posted use Krank Revolutions too (as well as tuning to G# which probably helps with the sound!)

Any advice is much appreciated

Do R&B sell electric guitar nuts? Mine has cracked and I need a new one for Saturday.

Yes. You'll need to bring the guitar in though so I can size the best fitting one up. Though you may need to spend a little time filing the edgings to make it perfect as every nut is different and made specifically for each guitar. :)

Keeno - I'll reply properly to you either later tonight or tomorrow - got a bus to get and I know I'll get carried away writing an essay haha! :)

• Upvote 1

Yes. You'll need to bring the guitar in though so I can size the best fitting one up. Though you may need to spend a little time filing the edgings to make it perfect as every nut is different and made specifically for each guitar. :)

The nut would be to fit a Japanese Squier Strat. Unfortunately I split it when I switched it around to string it left-handed. It's been going good until about a week ago, when it's caved in at the slot for the D string.

Keeno - I'll reply properly to you either later tonight or tomorrow - got a bus to get and I know I'll get carried away writing an essay haha! :)

No problem. I'm just grateful for the advice! I know a lot is down to pick attack, muting and string bending tonally but at least a half decent amp and cab would set me in the right direction