aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

T.K.'s do a pub quiz on Sunday nights. That was fun.

Worst pub quiz I've ever been to.

Don't do it unless you want to be enraged by the lack of organisation and rules.

Do do it if you're really into people quoting Family Guy and doing Family Guy impressions and making shit innuendos, then quoting Family Guy some more.

• Upvote 1

Worst pub quiz I've ever been to.

Don't do it unless you want to be enraged by the lack of organisation and rules.

Do do it if you're really into people quoting Family Guy and doing Family Guy impressions and making shit innuendos, then quoting Family Guy some more.

Been a couple of times and it's not taken very seriously although it's been busy and I think the prize was not so bad. £125 from memory and they gave out free Pizza and sides for people making an arse of themselves at halftime.

Agree about the rules. Half the people in the place were openly sitting on their smartphones throughout the quiz. You did not even need a sneeky visit to the toilet.

Watched a few teams score 10 out of 10 in every round apart from the riddles which they managed to drop quite a few. All the riddles were piss easy and all very old. I guess they must have been harder to Google.

To prove how much of a piss take it is, when I was there he asked a question about what "The Crow from Batman"'s real name was. Someone went up to him with their phone out with wikipedia on it to prove his name was "Scarecrow" and the question should be rephrased haha. Nae fear. And the free pizza went to the group who gave him food in return for food, folk were offering him hoodies and athin. Great fun.

Is there a pub quiz at all that bothers to properly check for smart-phones and that? Trying to check in most places would probably end in a fight, to be honest.

You get dismissed from the film quiz at Cineworld if you try to cheat. Naebody messes with the woman who runs it.

The first and last time I went to the TKs quiz, it took forever because the people behind it kept disappearing during rounds and "five minute breaks" turned into twenty minute breaks. Then they gave their friends' teams extra points. Knobbers.

A pub quiz is serious business. Triple Kirks can fuck right off. A disgrace to the time honored tradition of alcohol fuelled trivia. It's probably that loud mouthed ginger twat that looks like an egg who still does it, and the Bobbin one. I swear he's been at uni (or just hanging around with students) for at least a decade. Insufferable person.

POW used to be a really good one.

The pub next to R&B too. used to hand out pies half way through.

Belmont cinema for the film nerds.

The one in the cinema at union square was good too.

• Upvote 1