aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that we have the makings of a good squad. The problem is that it's threadbare.

If Considine/Diamond/Aluko/Pawlett are out for a large chunk as per last season we'd be tatties.

We need a couple of experienced heads brought in from somewhere (which they can hopefully identify and sign) along with some relatively young squad players a la mcardle.

Hopefully a few more youngsters can step up too.

england have the makings of a good squad !

sadly our makings of a good squad just didn't cut it last season, hopefully a few new additions will make all the difference. can but dream.

We've seen that our youth system can provide some decent players, so if there's to be any investment, I'd rather they ploughed it into that. It would need to be top class though, not the half-hearted effort that usually comes out of Pittodrie.

Obviously we'll need a little investment in the meantime to keep us in the SPL, but the youth is where it lies and this is where we need to focus. It just seems to me that Milne and co. are content with making a wee bit of profit each year in order to cut the debt, rather than actually biting the bullet and doing something which will cost money in the short term, but provide good return in the long term.

I noticed on Facebook today that they're promoting the early bird season ticket as it finishes on Sat. Bit of a joke really. We've only made one signing and lost 3, what's worth the money? Putting up ticket prices by a pound was a stupid idea as well. If I was them, I'd keep the early bird until the end of the transfer window. There seems to be a lack of economic sense. After last season, they should be reducing the prices, enticing more people to come and actually creating some atmosphere in the place. The more folk they get in will surely cover the cost of the reduced ticket prices, and give the players something to play to.

It's a hard life being a Dons fan.

Sweepie on which month McGhee gets sacked?

I've a feeling Muttley could get the dunt by November. A couple of early scraped wins will herald a false Don (:D) before they get thrashed by Those Who Smell (Huns) and this'll send them on a downward spiral of X games without a win before the inevitable happens and he's out...

Funny old game, Saint.

:up:

She is a classy bit of crumpet. So classy that I'm not even going to lower the tone and explain at lengths the ways in which I would sexually indulge her.

I will, then.

Who is she anyway? She looks like she'd actually cry if you pushed a finger or two up her arse mid-romp.

Gently of course, :up:

Toure joins the City Defensive Midfield Club. Cool. David Platt in as first team coach is a bit weird though, as he was an attacking midfielder. Bobby Manc is getting silly now.

In other news, Sheff Wed have signed Neil Mellor on a season long loan from Preston. I bet Soda Jerk is ecstatic.

Toure joins the City Defensive Midfield Club. Cool. David Platt in as first team coach is a bit weird though, as he was an attacking midfielder. Bobby Manc is getting silly now.

In other news, Sheff Wed have signed Neil Mellor on a season long loan from Preston. I bet Soda Jerk is ecstatic.

dear bob mancini,

i notice u have a lot of midfielders now can i plz borrow stephen ireland and vladimir weiss for 1 year plz cuz we only has alan smith and kevin nolan and u being greedy

thanks,

chris hughton

ps can u pay their wages 2 cuz nasty mike wont give me money lol fat

I wish it was Danny Welbeck. He would take the piss out of League 1

The Yossi Benayoun transfer to Chelsea is a weird one. He's a reasonable footballer, but is he going to even play? Malouda is much better. I'd probably even play Kalou over him. They're probably going to buy another attacking midfielder/winger too. I just can't see him getting too much game time.

The Yossi Benayoun transfer to Chelsea is a weird one. He's a reasonable footballer, but is he going to even play? Malouda is much better. I'd probably even play Kalou over him. They're probably going to buy another attacking midfielder/winger too. I just can't see him getting too much game time.

I didn't think Anelka would get a game when he signed either. Now he's one of the main players. I'd pick Benayoun over Kalou anyday. He never has a bad game and has an eye for goal. An in form Malouda is better but who knows if last season was a one off. Benayoun is a far better player than he gets credit for in my opinion. Good signing I say.

A friend of mine bumped into Jerel Ifil recently. Here's what he had to say:

Aberdeen is the worst run club he's ever been at. It's an absolute shambles, both on the pitch and behind the scenes. The training facilities are an absolute joke. He absolutely hates playing for Aberdeen and he cannot wait for someone to put in a bid for him so he can get away.

Apparently he reitarated "I hate being at Aberdeen" many many times.

A friend of mine bumped into Jerel Ifil recently. Here's what he had to say:

Aberdeen is the worst run club he's ever been at. It's an absolute shambles, both on the pitch and behind the scenes. The training facilities are an absolute joke. He absolutely hates playing for Aberdeen and he cannot wait for someone to put in a bid for him so he can get away.

Apparently he reitarated "I hate being at Aberdeen" many many times.

Hope your mate told him that the shambles on the pitch is as much his fault as anybody's. If it means that he's not going to ask for a new contract, then I'm delighted that the useless cunt hates it.

I didn't think Anelka would get a game when he signed either. Now he's one of the main players. I'd pick Benayoun over Kalou anyday. He never has a bad game and has an eye for goal. An in form Malouda is better but who knows if last season was a one off. Benayoun is a far better player than he gets credit for in my opinion. Good signing I say.

He definitely scores goals at important times. The season before last, when Liverpool came close to winning it, he just couldn't stop scoring in the second half of the season. And you're actually right about Kalou. I'd actually forgotten just how ineffective he can be. He seems to come out of his shell on the FA Cup, and even the Champions League. He usually manages 1 good appearance in 10 in the league though.

I don't think last season was a fluke for Malouda. As soon as Hiddink came in at Chelsea the year before, something just seemed to click. He just got him doing what he's supposed to. Nothing overly elaborate. Just what you'd expect from an attacking midfielder. He's either crossing it in, or twatting it goalwards.

There's been alot of specualtion about a deal for Sergio Aguero been sealed since January, so if that's true, I can't imagine Benayoun getting a game too often. If they don't bolster their wide midfield too much, then he could play alot. I hope he does. He's a good player, who was inexplicably behind Ryan Babel in the pecking order. Ryan Babel! The Dutch Theo Walcott. Athlete who can't play football. Good rapper though.

Yeah, bit puzzled by that Ifil thing, Lucky. Why did he just say all that stuff to a random guy? Or are they mates? I just dont understand why that situation came about.

Yeah, bit puzzled by that Ifil thing, Lucky. Why did he just say all that stuff to a random guy? Or are they mates? I just dont understand why that situation came about.

***edits***

He was at his work (in Customer Service / Sales), and Ifil came in to get some stuff sorted out. And I presume while he was taking his details and that he just asked him how things were going at Aberdeen to make small talk.