aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Ah, fair play. I hate the media, so I tend to avoid it.

I rate Gosling as a solid, if unspectacular, EPL player. Good bit of business for a club like Newcastle.

It did come from the media, so it may well not be so true. I have an Evertonian cousin who seems to have it on good authority that Gosling and Rodwell don't get on, so it makes sense for Gosling to storm out if his rival Rodwell is getting big money and playing more.

I think the Thompson thing is legitimate, Walter Smith was saying there's been interest from 'boro so I'd say it's a matter of time before it happens.

The Thomson thing is legit! He's in the last year of his contract and we can't afford to give him what he wants! :(

I wouldn't be surprised if he signed before the end of the week. I think the reported 2m is a bargain... but I am kinda biased.

This story is from last night - Thomson on his way to Middlesbrough - Herald Scotland | Sport | SPL | Rangers

The Thomson thing is legit! He's in the last year of his contract and we can't afford to give him what he wants! :(

I wouldn't be surprised if he signed before the end of the week. I think the reported 2m is a bargain...

Always a lovely sense of poetic justice when the dirty duopoly get pillaged and cry about it!

:up:

Aberdeen FC praised for landing new goalie Howard - Evening Express

will howard actually provide a challenge to langfield for the no. 1 jersey?

haven't seen him in action for st. mirren.

I predict his main role will be to provide the Evening Express with a back page story on slow news days along the lines of "Howard ready to fight for Number 1 spot" where he'll be quoted as saying "I didn't come here to be an understudy" and "all I can do is work hard in training and wait for my chance". They'll probably throw in some reference to the 'Goalkeepers Union' so they can drag it out into far right column of the second back page. You can pull that one out the bag every three months I reckon. He'll then get a couple of games towards the end of another poor season by which time everyone will be too bored to even notice.

Stand Free

I wouldn't be surprised if he signed before the end of the week. I think the reported 2m is a bargain... but I am kinda biased.

This story is from last night - Thomson on his way to Middlesbrough - Herald Scotland | Sport | SPL | Rangers

The Hun squad is looking pretty threadbare now, wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 3rd this season (although to who I don't know, maybe a resurgent Hearts under Jeffries?)

They get straight in to the Champions League don't they? Because I can't see them getting through qualifying and once they get there they will be slaughtered.

BBC Sport - Football - NI keeper Jonathan Tuffey signs for Inverness

Really amazed and impressed by this one! For anyone who's seen him play, you'll know that he's got the ability and consistency required to play at a higher level than ICT.

Excellent signing and one that will push both keepers to perform to their best abilities .....

I do not remember a time in our short history when we truly had two keepers that fans would agree were top notch !!!! sure we had McRitchie/Calder then Calder/Fridge/Walker etc then Brown/Ridgers/Fraser etc but in each case - apart from maybe McRitchie /Calder in our first couple of seasons at a far lower level - I dont think there was ever a time where fans would truly be happy regardless of which keeper was between the sticks.

10/10 for this one ICT !!! :up:

Sorry, yeah but he was on loan. So there was no expectation to keep him.

I meant contracted players who might get poached.

Just wondering. Wasn't sure if Utd managed to secure him on loan again, he's a decent player!

I see Lee Wilkie is an offshore tiger now.

Utd to split the OF this season? Thoughts?

Just wondering. Wasn't sure if Utd managed to secure him on loan again, he's a decent player!

I still think the old firm might prove too much again. I'd like to see us seal 3rd again and get to the group stage of the Europa league. That would be my desired result from this season.

Thierry Henry has retired from football....

He now plays soccer

Sky Sports | Football | Primera Division | Barcelona | Henry signs for Red Bulls

"It is an honour to play for the New York Red Bulls. I am fully aware of the team's history...."

So am I having just spent 2 minutes reading their Wikipedia page which details their 15 years of existence under 3 different names.

If Rangers keep losing players then I think it will be close than another team could compete. From Utd's point of view, it is encouraging they have kept most of their team together as they really had a lot of unity last year and were getting the best out of their players. It's sometimes the case that teams struggle to match their form and build on a strong season and with the added distraction of Europe I wonder if Utd won't have the same domestic form of last season. I still think they'll certainly be a strong side mind you but I don't think they'll split the Old Firm.

The Hun squad is looking pretty threadbare now, wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 3rd this season (although to who I don't know, maybe a resurgent Hearts under Jeffries?)

They get straight in to the Champions League don't they? Because I can't see them getting through qualifying and once they get there they will be slaughtered.

Yeah. Straight into the group stages which is a relief!! Extra pennies in the pot.

The problem I'm having is I understand that players need to be sold because we need the money, but surely the 10m pot from the Champions League (ie winning the league 2010/11 season) would more than compensate for losing a player such as Thomson on a free at the end of the season? That's my justification anyway.

Hopefully any rumours, like Chris Eagles, are true! We need something to freshen things up. This squad, or what's left of it, can't go on for much longer.

"It is an honour to play for the New York Red Bulls. I am fully aware of the team's history...."

So am I having just spent 2 minutes reading their Wikipedia page which details their 15 years of existence under 3 different names.

When i was in the States about 6 years ago i bought their shirt. This was when they were the New York Metrostars. They happened to be on ESPN that night so i watched the game and they got absolutely hammered. A season or so later they were called New York Red Bull.

When i was in the States about 6 years ago i bought their shirt. This was when they were the New York Metrostars. They happened to be on ESPN that night so i watched the game and they got absolutely hammered. A season or so later they were called New York Red Bull.

Former Killie/Dundee Utd player and Vogts-era one-cap-wonder Peter Canero was on their 'roster' last he was seen. I remember logging into their fan site to see how he was getting on and getting involved in some soccer chat (I am actually that sad). It was like two different languages being spoken about two different sports. Fucking franchise lovers. Incidentally Canero rarely played and they thought he was shit.

While on the subject of the footballing wilderness, former St. Johnstone player Kieran McAnespie, now with Arbroath, gave up football all together for a while and worked as a cameraman on Babestation

Kieran McAnespie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He left Babestation citing a desire to be with his girlfriend and young son. They must be so proud.

I'll bet he was the top draw for the kids at careers day though. Mr. McAnespie is now going to talk about his career as a professional footballer and a cameraman for naked ladies.