aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

but he's here and wearing one of our jumpers, surely he has no shame!

0,,10284~8907472,00.jpg

Former England Internationalist | Club News | Club News | News and Features | Aberdeen

This isn't a former England International - it's 39-year-old former Livi and Pars player David 'Bingo' Bingham having a laugh....

_44398806_david_bingham_220sns.jpg

He's put a bit of weight on, got blue contacts and had his teeth done but he can't fool me....

Good signing for anyone this. I thought he was going to go to Spurs or Man Utd, but he proved everyone wrong. A very ideal signing since the loss of Benayoun.

So that's one transfer fiasco finally done and dusted. Now we just need Barcelona to stop being arseholes about a player who is under contract for another 4 or 5 years. They are being very unsporting and just truly hideous in the transfer market this summer. Nearly all of their starting XI have gone to the press and said how Fabregas should "come home". If I was Wenger, I'd submit. I'd tell Barca "Okay, fine. Cesc is for sale. 300 million. Take it or leave it. Everytime you try and haggle, I'll add 25million". It's strange how they have the audacity to be so ruthless about an Arsenal player when they still owe big sums of money to Arsenal for Hleb and Henry from a long time ago. I hate Barcelona. I hope they go fucking bust and use the Nou Camp to host bullfighting.

If they can get keep him healthy, this is the best bit of transfer business of the summer. Joe Cole is mint.

Hendrie signing would be a nice suprise. I hadn't heard of him in years until this news.

I've always been a big Joe Cole fan, but going to Liverpool is one way of that changing quickly. Still it would be nice to see him have an injury free season. This will always be a favourite moment of mine

Does look like Fabregas will stay at Arsenal, which is great news for them. I think they could have a real chance this year if Wenger makes one or two shrewd signings.

(Unsurprisingly) I don't feel Barca have acted badly in the transfer dealings, it's always looked like they've acted correctly but been open about where things stand to the press. Which I don't have a problem with really. When the press are asking so many questions it's surely easier just to give a straight answer.

Apparantly it's got to be close to a million. I like Craig Conway but I can't decide if that is just good business...

Please decide and then let me know so that I can have an opinion on whether or not he would be a good signing. Looks like we're also trying to get Gary Hooper from Scunthorpe. He scored 30 goals last season which is pretty good considering Scunny finished 20th in the league.

First friendly of our mini tour of Ireland last night ended 'boro 1 - athelstone town 1. I've heard Boyd's performance described as "scored one but not brilliant". I look forward to hearing this many more times over the upcoming season.

Please decide and then let me know so that I can have an opinion on whether or not he would be a good signing. Looks like we're also trying to get Gary Hooper from Scunthorpe. He scored 30 goals last season which is pretty good considering Scunny finished 20th in the league.

First friendly of our mini tour of Ireland last night ended 'boro 1 - athelstone town 1. I've heard Boyd's performance described as "scored one but not brilliant". I look forward to hearing this many more times over the upcoming season.

I would say bad. He's good and has been getting consistent for the second half of last season. But he wasn't even a regular for us until about Christmas, it would be like when Rangers/Celtic poach upcoming players from the SPL to warm there bench. I.E. Willo Flood or that Kilmarnock boy that warms the ibrox bench who's name escapes me.

He's a cracking wee player, and I think we'd really miss him. A minority of Arabs didn't take to him originally, but you'd hope after last season that would change. I'd be very sad to see him go.

that Kilmarnock boy that warms the ibrox bench who's name escapes me.

That would be Steven Naismith. He actually featured quite a bit last season.

I think there should be a big sign put up outside Ibrox and Murray Park which says 'Free for all on players. Haggle and you might get two!!!'.

The Danny Wilson thing dragged a wee bit. I guess central defence is one which we could afford to lose a player. But I really hope we get one player in and the window shuts!!!