aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Scoring crosses, so can't complain! Looks decent, his feet are too quick for most of the defenders he'll face this season.

Here's the highlights from yesterday's game - http://www.peterheadfc.co.uk/bluetoontv.asp?ID=143 - Wyness got the first and third, the fourth (4 mins in) NEEDS to be seen. Bob's pass for the fifth was unreal, too.

Haha David Beckham! The chance just before the 4th goal had some great build up play.

Jags 2, C**** 1.

The quadruple is still on!

Hopefully it still will be next Saturday afternoon after I've been to Galabank (another ground closer to the 42, yas) for our first ivir game against the Emmerdale Farm XI, and that fuck-ugly hobbit Chris Jardine has something to whinge about on his blog.,,,,

Guest Gladstone

Celtic are in talks with David James today apparently.

And William Gallas?? Jesus - that's a rumour and a half. I wouldn't take him - he's completely bonkers and would be the kind of player who would walk in and think he owned the place.

I'm pretty encouraged by the fact we're actually talking to guys like David James and Sol Campbell. Something we've really lacked over the past couple of seasons is experience. Stephen McManus went from promising youngster to captain in a couple of seasons and then turned gash. He needed a wise head beside him for a few years and instead he got a massive heed in the shape of Gary Caldwell. Either one of those two would have been cracking centre backs for Celtic if they'd had someone like Sol Campbell mentoring them. Much like Davie Weir at Rangers, except Sol Campbell can run about a million times faster than Weir.

It would be mental if we somehow managed to sign David James and Sol Campbell. Combined age of 342.

The Dons in player signing shocker.

Dons complete double capture | Club News | Club News | News and Features | Aberdeen

Hartley rumoured to be in by the end of the week too.... would be a great signing. Can't see it though.

Apparently Hendrie, Basey and Williams have all been offered contracts as well. This is all encouraging. The fact that MM let a few players go suggests that these guys are better than Stuart Duff.

We're going to win the league at this rate! I'm off to buy my season ticket, the full home and away kits and subscribe to RedTV....

The Dons in player signing shocker.

Dons complete double capture | Club News | Club News | News and Features | Aberdeen

Hartley rumoured to be in by the end of the week too.... would be a great signing. Can't see it though.

Hartley would probably be decent, but I'll be stunned if the Jambos don't get him first.

Given the choice, I'd rather have Hendrie anyway.

Hartley would probably be decent, but I'll be stunned if the Jambos don't get him first.

Given the choice, I'd rather have Hendrie anyway.

Hearts have pulled out of signing him for some reason.

I laughed at this:

Rangers have targeted Stoke City striker James Beattie as the ideal replacement for Kris Boyd. (Daily Record)

Guest Gladstone

Rangers have targeted Stoke City striker James Beattie as the ideal replacement for Kris Boyd. (Daily Record)

That's amazing.

Rangers are offloading players because they can't afford to keep them. There's as much chance of James Beattie signing for New Deer FC as there is of him signing for Rangers.

These signings are making me want to return to Pittodrie. Exactly the kind of business I wanted to see. Ok, they aren't world class, but this shows some sort of intention from McGhee. He's able to bring in his own players this season, rather than putting up with Jimmy's duffers.

These signings are making me want to return to Pittodrie. Exactly the kind of business I wanted to see. Ok, they aren't world class, but this shows some sort of intention from McGhee. He's able to bring in his own players this season, rather than putting up with Jimmy's duffers.

I think if you look back on last season's thread you'll see we've all said all along that Mark McGhee is the man for the job and that better days were just round the corner. Stand Free.

Rumours are that the Dons won't meet Hendrie's wage demands and are instead turning their intention to signing Hartley; as they'd struggle to afford both.

Would much rather have Hartley than Hendrie, personally. Both would be good, but Hartley had a very good season for Bristol City last year, while Hendrie was duffing around for Derby and Brighton. I've got a Huddersfield-supporting mate who reckons that Robbie Williams is a tidy player too. Mean left foot, apparently. Just like an uglier Charlie Mulgrew.

I'm loving these "Ben Arfa to Newcastle" rumours. Every paper in France seems to be picking up on it, and the Telegraph was reporting it this morning too. I'd absolutely love it to come off but I don't see it. I wonder how him and his ego would get along with Joey, Alan, and Andy...

I think it could happen. Arsenal and United turned off him, and no on else seems to be tracking him. He's expressed his desire to play in the Premier League alot, and if Newcastle are the only team taking an interest, it might be his only chance.

He's a great player. He won't pass the ball to anyone if he thinks he has even the slightest chance of scoring. He won't cross first time either. He'll do some stepovers and Cruyff turns first. But you'll be used to that with Jonas anyway. He'll slot right in.

Not quite as mental as Pogatetz, but close.

I think it could happen. Arsenal and United turned off him, and no on else seems to be tracking him. He's expressed his desire to play in the Premier League alot, and if Newcastle are the only team taking an interest, it might be his only chance.

He's a great player. He won't pass the ball to anyone if he thinks he has even the slightest chance of scoring. He won't cross first time either. He'll do some stepovers and Cruyff turns first. But you'll be used to that with Jonas anyway. He'll slot right in.

Not quite as mental as Pogatetz, but close.

No amount of Old Firm will be able to replace Poggy. I miss him already.