aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I love footballers with funny names. David Goodwillie has to be up there.

I also find Dutch names generally funny like Peter Reekers who plays for Heracles Almelo.....who were formerly managed by Ruud Brood.

Also remember when Brian O'Neill went from Aberdeen to Wolfsburg who at the time were managed by Wolfgang Wolf.

I have said it before. Opinion hasn't changed. It just gets bolstered everytime a Barca player speaks to the media about Cesc Fabregas. They're all shitbags. Except Ibra. He clearly doesn't give a toss about whether or not Cesc comes. I don't think he's ever cared about anything though, so perhaps he doesn't count.

Oocha. That was a bit close this afternoon.

Better team won in the end, but Annan are quite a well organised side. They offer practically nothing in front of goal, which isonly slighty less than we did.

Pretty sure the next round draw is seeded, so a possible visit to Shittodrie. We'll probably get Hamilton or the fake Jags away though, bah.

Nevertheless, for tonight: :up::up:

Guest idol_wild
I hate Tony Pulis. I can't imagine a less exciting team to support than Stoke.

Dude! You support Middlesborough! Purveyors of the worst football I have ever witnessed on a semi-regular basis for the past fifteen years of my life.

Apart from Liverpool, that is. I fucking hate Liverpool.

Dude! You support Middlesborough! Purveyors of the worst football I have ever witnessed on a semi-regular basis for the past fifteen years of my life.

Apart from Liverpool, that is. I fucking hate Liverpool.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? That's harsh, I realise we've not been the most exciting but ignoring the relegation season where we were very obviously a poor team I have to disagree with you. Over the last 15 years we've had a couple of terrific teams who weren't afraid to play interesting to watch attacking football. We certainly haven't been a dull and/or negative side nearly as regularly as Stoke, Blackburn, Bolton or various other sides that have come up and down over the years.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? That's harsh, I realise we've not been the most exciting but ignoring the relegation season where we were very obviously a poor team I have to disagree with you. Over the last 15 years we've had a couple of terrific teams who weren't afraid to play interesting to watch attacking football. We certainly haven't been a dull and/or negative side nearly as regularly as Stoke, Blackburn, Bolton or various other sides that have come up and down over the years.

I agree, although towards the back end of last season, especially when Coyle took over, Bolton really got their act together and played well. I think that was more down to Coyle than anything. I rate him fairly well as a new manager in the Best League In The World (BSKYB Registered Trademark 2010/2011 All rights reserved)

Still. I remember the Boro team that had Emerson, Juninho and Ravanelli. What a side. How did that even happen?

Guest idol_wild

I'm a fan of structured football, and playing to strengths. Pulis does this down to a fucking T, and he deserves a lot of praise for it. In my view, he is a better manager than most in the English Premier League.

When Middlesborough were "exciting" (i.e. when they tried to buy their way to success), they were an utter shambles. Sure, decent for the neutral to watch; but not a fuckwit like me, who prefers a meticulous and disciplined approach to football.

I fucking love a one-nil scoreline.

I'm currently considering buying a season ticket for Pittodrie, I go onto the official AFC website and read:

A tired and lacklustre Dons lost their final match of their pre-season tour of England as Mark McGhee's former side Brighton deservedly won one nil this afternoon.

One season ticket for that please.