aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I think if you look back on last season's thread you'll see we've all said all along that Mark McGhee is the man for the job and that better days were just round the corner. Stand Free.

I don't doubt Mcghee, it's the players that disappoint me. Not everyone was saying he was the man for the job though. I was sceptical when he was appointed, but was more than willing to let him have last season as a transition period, as much as the performances pissed me off. I stopped going after the 3-0 drubbing from Motherwell, as I'd had enough of paying 22 a pop to watch it.

COYR.

i am very encouraged by the transfer activity this close season, last season was pretty fucking difficult at times and the couple of games i made it to weren't great. i'll certainly make a bigger effort this season, particularly if we get hendrie and hartley or even just one of them.

all the signings sound like improvements on those who have left though, we're gonna have a better season that's for sure. might not be european contenders again yet, but certainly top six.

Superb.

We've had a good transfer window thus far: Perch, Gosling, and now Campbell. Another striker and creative midfielder and we'll be looking pretty healthy.

Gary Hooper will be an excellent signing for Celtic, I reckon. He was a player who really caught my eye during our holiday in the Championship last season. Should tear the SPL to pieces.

Guest Gladstone
Superb.

We've had a good transfer window thus far: Perch, Gosling, and now Campbell. Another striker and creative midfielder and we'll be looking pretty healthy.

Gary Hooper will be an excellent signing for Celtic, I reckon. He was a player who really caught my eye during our holiday in the Championship last season. Should tear the SPL to pieces.

Happy with Hooper signing - know balls all about him, but have heard good things.

We really could have been doing with Sol Campbell though. A solid, experienced defender, with at least a wee bit of pace.

Guest idol_wild

As an avid fan of English lower league football, my opinion is that Gary Hooper will tear the SPL a new asshole, if you pardon the pun.

He'll get about 30 goals per season up here, if he plays regularly enough.

I suspect Yoann Folly will be a like-for-like replacement for the Invisible Man (McDonald, for those not savvy on Dons nicknames)

you sure? from all the reports i've read he sounds more like a mark kerr type player but better. breaks up play and get the ball to the creative players. mcdonald was meant to be a driving midfielder who would weigh in with a few goals. alas he developed a phobia of the ball and seemed to avoid the game altogether.

you sure? from all the reports i've read he sounds more like a mark kerr type player but better. breaks up play and get the ball to the creative players. mcdonald was meant to be a driving midfielder who would weigh in with a few goals. alas he developed a phobia of the ball and seemed to avoid the game altogether.

Saw him play in the double-header weekend, and both times he did a great impersonation of someone who wasn't really there.

Wiki's been updated appropriately, so it must be true...

Paul James Hartley (born 19 October 1976 in Hamilton, Scotland) is a Scottish professional tinker with an avid eye for facial hair fashion, due to the choice of the dole or a continued career in the gutter he plays for SPL side Aberdeen FC! Hartley began his career as a bin man

Get fucked Brian Laws, you twat.

We've been a bit trigger happy with the cheque book this summer, and brought in a couple of reasonable players. Then we're hit with a winding up order and have to sell our best player, Lee Grant, to fucking Burnley to pay off our half a million pound debt, where he'll sit on the bench behind BEAST in the pecking order I presume.

It's rare I ever blow the trumpet of one of our players, because they're all mostly shite, but Lee Grant is arguably the best keeper in the Football League. We won so many games 1-0 last season where we should have rightfully been battered by 4 or 5 goals. Some of the saves he made were phenominal, and they had to be, with Purse and Beevers infront of him, who are about as much use as a broken leg.

Urgh. Terrible. Since we got rid of Akpo Sodje, Lee Grant was the only player left in the squad I actually liked. Now I don't like any of them. Possibly Luke Varney if we get him back on loan I guess. Other than that, they're all shit. Fuck them all.