aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Bellamy won't get much of a game out on the left now that David Silva is in. Seems alot of City fans internet-wide aren't too chuffed with the signing of Silva either. "overpriced" at 24million, and also "not very good". Urgh. Fucking idiots. Silva is immense, unfortunately.

I see Xavi and Barcelona are acting 'appropriately' in the press again today. Now saying the Fabregas move is "inevitable", "has to happen" and "he will come home". They've spoken to the press at least 15 times more than the amount of times they've actually made a bid for the player. Which is just once. It seems Arsenal fans are fielding anti Barca banners at their pre-season games. Rightly so. They should make a Guy Fawkes-like Xavi and set the cunt on fire.

Guest Gladstone

Talk of David James to Celtic on the Celtic boards as well...

With Boruc leaving I'd be pretty happy to see that, but no idea how much truth there is in the rumour.

Talk of David James to Celtic on the Celtic boards as well...

With Boruc leaving I'd be pretty happy to see that, but no idea how much truth there is in the rumour.

I'd be surprised if this happened... but at least Celtic would have a decent goalkeeper for once!! :up: I joke I joke.

Surely there's clubs in England who would still be interested in James though? So why would he come to Scotland to, arguably, finish his career?

Guest Gladstone
I'd be surprised if this happened... but at least Celtic would have a decent goalkeeper for once!! :up: I joke I joke.

Surely there's clubs in England who would still be interested in James though? So why would he come to Scotland to, arguably, finish his career?

I dunno, just read the rumour on a Celtic board - the guy said that apparently James had told his agent to contact Celtic after hearing of Boruc moving on as he fancied a new challenge.

I can't see why the keeper who finished as England number 1 at the World Cup wouldn't get a game for someone in the Premiership, but he is getting on and maybe fancies a few league winners medals before he retires... ;)

Guest Gladstone
David James is both too nice and too intelligent to be allowed to play for the OF, surely?

The Old Firm consists of two very distinct "types".

Rangers - horrible and unintelligent.

Celtic - not so horrible and far more intelligent (as football players go).

There have been a few exceptions to the rule over the years, but on the whole our players have been far less minky and stupid than Rangers players.

David James will fit in nicely (I still don't think there can be any truth in the rumour, as much as I'd be happy to see it happen)

Really can't see Bellamy coming back to Celtic, nor Keane to be honest either. That would be three of our best signings in recent years if they all came off - but very much doubt any of the three will happen.

Guest idol_wild
The Old Firm consists of two very distinct "types".

Rangers - horrible and unintelligent.

Celtic - not so horrible and far more intelligent (as football players go).

Remove those green and white tinted shades.

Both sections of the Old Firm are as bad as eachother in every single sense.

Players, staff and supporter-base all included.

Yes. This.

I'd love Craig Bellamy back at Newcastle. If we could get him, Dan Gosling, and Sol Campbell then we'd stay up. Saw some spacker linking us with Raul last night. Plebe.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bellamy was at Spurs by the end of the transfer window.

Would he get a game out wide? Spurs seem to have a fair few competent wide players. I'd certainly play Modric over him. Bring back Taraabt from QPR too. He's set to be the best player on earth according to Redknapp, and for once, I think I actually believe him. He scored a couple of goal last season where he ran the length of the pitch, past every player, and wellied it in, like that Ryan Giggs goal against Arsenal. Best player in the world material.

Bellamy should go to Newcastle. Or even Bolton. Coyle is assembling a reasonable squad. If he can snatch Wilshere on loan again, they'll probably win the league. The league of Lancashire teams that aren't the Manchesters that is... Finishing higher than Blackburn, Wigan and Blackpool. G'wan Bolton!

Aberdeen fan so no axe to grind but as bad as Celtic are, Rangers are worse and probably THE worst on the planet.

Would he get a game out wide? Spurs seem to have a fair few competent wide players. I'd certainly play Modric over him.

Yeah, he would. We're sorely lacking in depth on the left hand side. Yeah, i guess both Bentley and Lennon could play there but neither are effective on the left. It would be a nice bit of competition for Modric in that position however i also feel that Modric is better in the middle dictating the tempo behind the striker(s).

If we're going to realistically hold onto a champions league slot again this season and indeed compete in the Prem, CL, FA Cup and League Cup then being able to field higher quality players on a rotation basis that you know can do a job (like at Man Utd, Chelsea etc).

I think Bellamy would be a shrewd purchase and probably wouldn't be ridiculously expensive. He also knows Harry the Turnip quite well so i think he'd maybe see Spurs as a good challenge.

What about Bale? Is he sticking at left back, or is his move to the wing going to be permanent? Danny Rose looks a bit of alright too. Well, that screamer against Arsenal was good. That's enough to base judgement of a player on.

Bale is better on the overlap from LB than as an out and out winger. Danny Rose is a right winger as well really. He cuts in far too much if he's playing on the left. He's a good prospect though. That Arsenal game is pretty much the sum-total of his exposure to the EP, not a bad start by any means but certainly not indicative of his quality or ability.

Guest Gladstone
Aberdeen fan so no axe to grind but as bad as Celtic are, Rangers are worse and probably THE worst on the planet.

I've argued this a million times.

All clubs (generally) have dicks for fans. Stand inside a football ground and for 90 minutes, just about everyone acts like a dick. Richard Donald Stand is as bad a stand as I've stood in (for example).

Rangers just take it to a whole new level. The footage from the UEFA Cup Final is absolutely sickening. I'm aware that Celtic will definitely have an element of violent supporters (because there are violent people everywhere), but the mentality of the Rangers fans that day was unbelievable. The sheer number of people who thought they'd just wade in with a boot to the head of a police officer was appalling.

Compare the amount of trouble that seems to have followed Rangers wherever they go on European matches against that of Celtic and Aberdeen on their UEFA Cup run a couple of seasons ago.