aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest idol_wild
And on the old firm thing, Rangers are definitely worse. After every game with Celtic theres bits of rubbish on the the road to Pittodrie, the odd broken bottle, but after every Rangers games theres broken windows and carnage everywhere, unless they've cleaned up their act in the last 2 years since I havent had a season ticket.

I don't think that's a very reliable gauge of which sets of fans are "worse", as you have to consider the context here.

From my experience, I have never witnessed (or had altercations with) physically violent Rangers supporters at a match. But I do recall, once, a group of Celtic fans jumping a friend of mine (who ironically happens to be called David Murray), on our approach to Parkhead. He was ambling along, talking on his phone to his girlfriend, about ten yards behind us. Then we hear a yelp. We realise his phone is on the ground and four Celtic fans are kicking the shite out of him. One of them even took a fifteen yard run up and kicked him in the side of the head whilst he was grounded.

Unprovoked and cowardly attack.

Fuck you, Celtic. Fuck you right in the green and white hoop.

Guest Gladstone
I don't think that's a very reliable gauge of which sets of fans are "worse", as you have to consider the context here.

From my experience, I have never witnessed (or had altercations with) physically violent Rangers supporters at a match. But I do recall, once, a group of Celtic fans jumping a friend of mine (who ironically happens to be called David Murray), on our approach to Parkhead. He was ambling along, talking on his phone to his girlfriend, about ten yards behind us. Then we hear a yelp. We realise his phone is on the ground and four Celtic fans are kicking the shite out of him. One of them even took a fifteen yard run up and kicked him in the side of the head whilst he was grounded.

Unprovoked and cowardly attack.

Fuck you, Celtic. Fuck you right in the green and white hoop.

That was Chelsea fans in Celtic tops...

Na, seriously, that's fucking disgusting and I can honestly say the first time I've ever heard of someone getting serious trouble from Celtic fans - you are definitely justified in your hatred of Celtic fans. However, I will say this - they didn't do that because they are Celtic fans, they did that because they are fucking thugs who happen to be Celtic fans, and the absolute vast majority of Celtic fans would never do that. Fucking morons.

My worst experience with other football fans was in Liverpool. It wasn't even a matchday. I was just in Liverpool, wearing a subtle Wednesday polo shirt. There seems to be a very small minority of young, lunatic Liverpool fans who probably weren't even born when the Hillsborough disaster happened, that blame Wednesday for that disaster, because it was our ground, even though our club had nothing to do with that fixture. We weren't even playing. It's the level football fans can stoop to though. On the same day, I saw a blue Transit van get half a house brick thrown at the side panel whilst someone yelled "Fuck off toffee shite". Not an Everton van. Just a plain blue van. Idiots.

They have a huge number of designated pubs in the city centre too, where it'll say on the window "No Liverpool/Everton fans", but obviously in a much more threatening manner. The I remember was "No Blue Cunts". Charming. The Sheffield rivalry is a heated rivalry, but we don't resort to that sort of nonsense. I've been to two derbys and I've never had any trouble, even after walking right past a large group of Blades. You get the wanker sign and whatnot, but there's rarely any violence anymore. Probably because there's a gulf between the teams now. We know we're shit, and we're alright with it.

Lee Hendrie will sign for the Dons today.

Good signing!

Must be bad down Shittodrie way if a midfielder who can't score for toffee nowadays is a good signing!

Also been loving the playing up of the 'former England international' angle, when he only got one cap as a sub. Hahaha!

Must be bad down Shittodrie way if a midfielder who can't score for toffee nowadays is a good signing!

Also been loving the playing up of the 'former England international' angle, when he only got one cap as a sub. Hahaha!

I'd prefer a striker to score the goals.....

That's next on McGhee's hitlist.... I can hardly wait to see who the mystery experienced striker is!!! ;)

This has started rolling across the top of the bbc sport website "Sheffield Wednesday issued with winding-up order by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs"

Oh dear.

it'll be fine. We'll just have to sell all the players we've just bought. Get Franny on the phone. We might have a contract for him afterall.

I reckon Joe Cole is going to be quite a hit at Anfield. I bet he scores a few, and sets up even more, with his skills and his ability to use both feet. Not to mention all the banter he's going to be throwing around. I wonder if Hodgson can keep that restrained. Perhaps keeping banter to a minimum was part of his contract.

When you pass the ball to him on FIFA, it says "comfortable in posession, Joe Cole". Excellent traits. A footballer who likes to have the ball passed to him. Absolutely priceless.