aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

i was taking a look at how Montrose target Paddy Deane (ex hibs youngster) got on at Darlington and by ALL accounts he was absolutely dreadful in every possible way with nearly every second comment on the forum about him mentioning "he isn't a footballer". Funnily enough in the game he played as a trialist for us last year I thought the same.

i wonder how he would do in the 3rd division, I mean, lets face it, your either a footballer with a first touch etc or you arent; regardless of what league you play in

other than this, all is looking much better at the mo. more experienced players, larger squad pool and a good backroom team in place before preseason

Raith tomorrow at LP :)

i was taking a look at how Montrose target Paddy Deane (ex hibs youngster) got on at Darlington and by ALL accounts he was absolutely dreadful in every possible way with nearly every second comment on the forum about him mentioning "he isn't a footballer". Funnily enough in the game he played as a trialist for us last year I thought the same.

i wonder how he would do in the 3rd division, I mean, lets face it, your either a footballer with a first touch etc or you arent; regardless of what league you play in

other than this, all is looking much better at the mo. more experienced players, larger squad pool and a good backroom team in place before preseason

Raith tomorrow at LP :)

turns out dene scored in a closed doors 4-0 win against Dundee Violet last night

hmmmm

Francis Jeffers is still a free agent, guys. You should write a letter to your club alerting them of this. Could bag yourself a good deal. He's still the all time leading top scorer for the England U21 with 13 goals, and he has a 100% scoring record for the senior squad (1 game, 1 goal).

He also bagged 5 goals in 3 seasons for us. That's the same amount that Andy Cole scored against Ipswich in one game in 1995. It's alot of goals.

Someone's being editing Wikipedia:

It was confirmed by Alan Irvine on 5th May 2010 that Jeffers would not be offered a new contract and would be free to leave the club when his current deal expires at the end of June. The reason Irvine gave was due to Jeffers' FA Cup style facial appearance but backed up his love of head butting opponents and missing easy chances. Irvine has recommended Jeffers to Kevin Blackwell of rivals Sheffield United.

Neat!

It seems that the form of Wiltord and Henry at Arsenal scuppered his career, as he couldn't get into the first team. Fuck the French. Stifling the careers of clinical English centre forwards.

Hmm, not sure how to feel about that. I certainly am not keen on Zaluska as first choice keeper. I'm happy enough with Joe Ledley as a signing, though I think signing a striker and a centre back being a higher priority.

Woke up to the news this morning that Kevin Thomson is going to have talks with Middlesbrough... Either this is lovely paper talk or it's true.

Whether it's true or not isn't the problem, the problem is that he's being allowed to have talks and I know he's in the last year of his contract and some money is better than no money but still! I'm not looking forward to the rest of the transfer window or next season! :(

Guest idol_wild
Newcastle are apparently about to sign Dan Gosling. Pretty, pretty good.

This surprises me a lot. I had Gosling down as the sort of player that would stay at Everton for many years.

Not quite sure why he'd take a step back in his career, either. Newcastle or Bolton from Everton? I can only assume Moyes has told him he's not going to be a first team regular.

Adrian Durham was doing his best to court controversy, as usual, on Talksport the other day regarding Gosling calling him a 'disgrace' for leaving Everton. Apparently they have a wage cap and his agent advised him to seek a better deal elsewhere. Also Durham suggesting there has been some kind of fall out between Gosling and Moyes. It looks a simple case of a player agent persuading the player to leave and get a better deal elsewhere.

Will be a great signing whoever gets his autograph.

This surprises me a lot. I had Gosling down as the sort of player that would stay at Everton for many years.

Not quite sure why he'd take a step back in his career, either. Newcastle or Bolton from Everton? I can only assume Moyes has told him he's not going to be a first team regular.

It seems to be being widely publicised that Gosling wanted the same contract as Jack Rodwell, plus more first team opportunities that he got last season. They didn't give him the same salary, and said he's unlikely to be first pick with the likes of Arteta, Rodwell, Fellaini etc fighting for a place in central midfield. So he left for nothing. Good business for whoever gets him.

I don't think Gosling is likely to be a regular starter at Everton, his contract is up so why should he not go somewhere else? It would be a great move for Gosling and Newcastle if he goes, he's just the kind of player who'd fit into that team. They still need at least a striker more though, can't help but think they're going to struggle to score goals with Shola, Carroll and McLovinkrands up front.

We've officially signed McManus from Celtic now, he did a good job on loan last season so I'm pleased to have him on board full time. I think the Thompson thing is legitimate, Walter Smith was saying there's been interest from 'boro so I'd say it's a matter of time before it happens.

Wednesday have signed 8 players. I've heard of one of them, because we were linked with him in January. We've also let Frank 'The Yank' Simek go. He used to be proper great. Played for his national team as first choice right back for a few games. Liverpool and Aston Villa wanted to sign him, and he was desperate to go, but we didn't let him. Then he got injured, put on loads of weight, came back, and he was shit. Can't even remember where he's gone to. Grumble.

Newcastle should take Danny Welbeck on loan. He'll win you the Carling Cup single handed.

Guest idol_wild
It seems to be being widely publicised that Gosling wanted the same contract as Jack Rodwell, plus more first team opportunities that he got last season. They didn't give him the same salary, and said he's unlikely to be first pick with the likes of Arteta, Rodwell, Fellaini etc fighting for a place in central midfield. So he left for nothing. Good business for whoever gets him.

Ah, fair play. I hate the media, so I tend to avoid it.

I rate Gosling as a solid, if unspectacular, EPL player. Good bit of business for a club like Newcastle.