aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Mixu at the Theatre of Pies - this is me right now...... ;(;(;(

1st Division, here we come :down:

I'd be so happy if your miserable, shitty, no-support debt-ridden team finally buckled and fell down to the First Division and ultimately, oblivion.

Paatelainen was linked with the managerial vacancy at former club Hibernian in December 2007, and he was appointed on 10 January 2008.[7]. He took the Hibs job at a time when they had only won one of their previous ten games and had slipped into the bottom half of the Scottish Premier League. Hibs' results improved initially improved under Paatelainen and the club secured a place in the top half of the league.

During the 200809 season, Paatelainen came under increasing pressure from Hibs fans[8] due to poor results and his favouring of a 4-3-3 system.[9] Paatelainen eventually abandoned 4-3-3 in favour of a more orthodox 4-4-2 system.[10] He was criticised by Abdessalam Benjelloun, who accused Paatelainen of favouring outdated long ball tactics.[10] Paatelainen responded by saying that Benjelloun was "frustrated" at not being a regular pick for club or country.[10] A poor run of results early in 2009 led to many Hibs supporters calling for Paatelainen to be sacked,[11] but he did manage to lead the team into the top half of the league again. Paatelainen was also praised by the media for his tactical approach in winning the last Edinburgh derby of the season,[12] but he left the job by mutual consent at the end of May after a disappointing season.

says wiki...

I just read this in yesterday's football gossip column on the bbc website:

Middlesbrough boss Gordon Strachan is set to raid former club Celtic again, this time with a 1.5m offer for striker Georgios Samaras. (Sunday Mail)

I think I'm going to be sick.

Lol. Sacked by October.

Middlesbrough boss Gordon Strachan is set to raid former club Celtic again, this time with a 1.5m offer for striker Georgios Samaras. (Sunday Mail)

That is just hideous. and semi-hilarious. But mostly hideous. I'd rather have Jermain Pennant over Samaras. JERMAIN PENNANT.

Guest Gladstone

1.5 million for Samaras. I'd bite his hand off for that. He is the most laboured looking player I've ever seen. He's so so slow. And I know for a fact that it's just laziness because early in his Celtic career he scored that goal where he ran past the entire defence as if it wasn't there - some incredible acceleration.

I thought it was hilarious that Greece brought him on when they were looking for goals.

In fact, I can't believe he's played at a World Cup and I haven't. Where's the justice?

Bullard for Celtic? That should be a decent signing - how old is he now though?

What's happened to the Sol Campbell rumour? Can never decide if I want him to sign or not. Masses of experience, but I just imagine he'll be totally up himself (when he's not up McGeady that is), and think he's better than the rest of the squad, and put absolutely no work in etc etc.

I really hope Bullard doesn't go to Celtic as he's my favourite player in the world. I think Inter Milan should sign him and make him their captain. I think sol would do really well at Celtic for a couple of seasons. The SPL is probably around about the standard for a player like him who was a top player but has lost his legs quite severely. If Celtic can meet his wages which will be really high, he'll be an excellent player for them I reckon.

More Raul to Blackburn Rovers rumours on Sky Sports today!! Surely not, unless Salgado has convinced him that their a reall good club to play for... Surely they can't meet his wage demands?

What's happened to the Sol Campbell rumour? Can never decide if I want him to sign or not. Masses of experience, but I just imagine he'll be totally up himself (when he's not up McGeady that is), and think he's better than the rest of the squad, and put absolutely no work in etc etc.

BBC Sport - Football - Sol Campbell is in Glasgow with view to joining Celtic

Wish we had some rumours let along any concrete signings. :(

Being in the interesting position of both a Celtic and Middlesbrough fan, I'm both delighted and nauseous.

More Raul to Blackburn Rovers rumours on Sky Sports today!! Surely not, unless Salgado has convinced him that their a reall good club to play for... Surely they can't meet his wage demands?

Classic Sam Alardyce. He loves trying to sign a big name past their prime. Remember Rivaldo to Bolton? He was looking at Guti as well.

David Silva is off to City. Football is ruined. Especially when City Fans online claim they "don't rate him that much". Could be because he's not as fast as Theo Walcott on FIFA. Probably the same clan of knownothings that think Maine Road is a motorway.

Silva is excellent. The closest thing to the Iniesta mould that isn't Xavi or Fabregas, and he can operate outwide too. He's relinquished Champions League football to be apart of that footballing circus though, since they were offering more in the way of wages than Chelsea were. Prick.

I don't rate him as highly as Paul Dickov... Yet.

It'll be interesting to see how the buffoon Mancini sets his side out next season, as we're likely to sign Yaya Toure who's yet another defensive midfielder, and we're keeping, inexplicably, Viera who was gash after we signed him. Word is De Jong's on the way out which is a disgrace as he's easily twice the player of Viera.

Good to see another attacking option sign on, and Silva is most definitely a player I'll relish seeing in the sky blue. Still think if we're serious about Champions League football we need options up front, and to punt that useless git Santa Claus. Two more strikers in, please Bobby Manc...