aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I think they are listening to offers, but are wanting more than Barca are offering, and Barca have said they won't break the bank for him. I think he'll go because Barca are being persistent, and I doubt they'll give up. I think for him to be employed in the middle, they are going to have to put Iniesta outwide, which really lessens his abilities and the effect he has. Both Xavi and Iniesta are better than Fabregas in the centre of midfield in my opinion, so it seems daft. Though Barca looked lacking when Iniesta was injured, but I can't imagine Barca spending all that money on a squad player.

Two years of winding down in lesser league in which he'll be the best player by far, earning one final massive paycheque before he retires. Good on him.

And he's been just a tiny bit of a liability at the top level for the last 2 years, so best to get out now really. Definitely wasn't the same Cannavaro that Juve sold when he returned last season.

And he's been just a tiny bit of a liability at the top level for the last 2 years, so best to get out now really. Definitely wasn't the same Cannavaro that Juve sold when he returned last season.

Yeap. Started to decline after his phenomenal showing at the 2006, really.

One of my all-time favourite players. I'm glad his deterioration as a footballer will continue in Dubai, and not in front of the world's camera lenses in Serie A or La Liga.

oh the excitement of seeing an updated pre season fixture list! some footballing giants to play over the summer, its bloody tough at the bottom!

Pre-season schedule

Current Pre-season schedule

Sat 17 July - (A) St Ives Town vs Cambridge United XI (3.00pm)

Wed 21 July - (A) Mildenhall Town vs Cambridge United (7.45pm)

Sat 24 July - (A) Lowersoft Town v Cambridge United (3.00pm)

Tue 27 July - (A) Kings Lynn v Cambridge United XI (7.45pm)

Wed 28 July - (A) Cambridge City v Cambridge United (7.45pm)

Sat 31 July - (H) Cambridge United v Leyton Orient (3.00pm)

Mon 2 Aug - (A) Godmanchester Rovers v Cambridge United XI (7.45pm)

Tue 3 Aug - (A) Bury Town v Cambridge United (7.45pm)

Liverpool v Arsenal at Anfield on the opening day of the Premier League.

I was going to state that I was certain that the 'Fixture Computer' has to avoid big clashes on the first and last days of the season, but then I remembered that it's 3rd against a managerless 7th, so it's hardly title deciding. Champions League qualifiying phase versus scraping into the Europa League on a technicality. Sexy football.

If Hart takes over at Hull that'll mean he's been manager of 4 different teams in less than 12 months. Surely that has to be a record, right?

I'm sure Iain Dowie has done that before. Probably. He's managed everybody.

EDIT - well maybe not quite.

20032006 Crystal Palace

2006 Charlton Athletic

20072008 Coventry City

2008 Queens Park Rangers