aberdeen-music

Restaurant / Takeaway review thread

Lemonade

Guest Bob Knob
Had some take-away from that chinese on Guild Street. God awful. Someone I was eating with enjoyed their stuff. But my pizza was terrible. BBQ sauce was pink and didn't taste very bbq-y. Also, couldn't taste the cheese. All I could taste was onion. But it wasn't even strong. My Satay Sticks left much to be desired too.

The Lucky Boat | Facebook

I'm getting quite partial to the Manchurian doon Mounthooly way. The wee dumplings list thing is a bit dangerous once you get started on it. Turnip mousse things were a revelation.
the Sieu Mai from the Manchurian are the nizzles. Little pork and praaaan dumplings. Immense.

Honestly though, try Chao Phraya. Best Asian in Abdn,

I went to the Manchurian a couple of weeks ago and it was truly fantastic. Definitely be going back there in the future. The Chinese supermarket next door is also top drawer.

the Sieu Mai from the Manchurian are the nizzles. Little pork and praaaan dumplings. Immense.

Honestly though, try Chao Phraya. Best Asian in Abdn,

Right enough boy, fucking good find. Went tonight wi the boy. It was a taste sensation and excellent service. Highly recommended. Bizarre situ though, next to the fishy zone and with a few reprobates in the quarterdeck bar.

Glad you guys are diggin Chao Phraya. Given its awkward location, it's gonna really on word of mouth to stay in business so spread the love!

Both times I've been there it was absolutely dead on a Friday night; I'd hate to see such a terrific restaurant go busto. Aberdeen needs more of these places! I'm going again at the weekend.

Can't be bothered trawling through the thread... Where can I get the best takeaway pizza from in town, that will deliver preferably, that isn't a Domino's or a Pizza Hut. If do a good Calzone, that would be a bonus too.

Sanremo

they do awesome calzones and a selection of pasta too

Sanremo Pizza in Aberdeen - read reviews & order online | Just-Eat.co.uk

Sanremo

they do awesome calzones and a selection of pasta too

Sanremo Pizza in Aberdeen - read reviews & order online | Just-Eat.co.uk

I had pizza from Sanremo on Union Grove the last two Saturdays in a row. They do a good deal, 10" pizza with 3 toppings, side order and bottle of juice for a tenner. Last Saturdays order of chicken, tuna and sweetcorn pizza with chicken strips on the side was fucking marvellous. This Saturdays order of meatball, bacon and red pepper pizza with chicken something or other on the side, not so much. The chicken something or others were basically tasteless Bird's Eye chicken dippers, and the pizza tasted a bit odd and made me poop 4 times yesterday.

I'm not sure I trust them after all that pooping.

Also, good Italian restaurants in the centre of town that are not call Rustico. Do they exist? If so, what are their names?

Caio Napoli, bon accord street. pretty good and nice setting.

Been there a couple of times and have not been disappointed.

Never been to Poldinos but have read reviews about it being god awful. Total reliance on the location for customer base. But i guess i cant speak based on an experience so ill shut ma pus!

I went to the one on little Belmont street the other week and it was ok, but nothing special.

4 of us thought it was fine but nobody was overly impressed.

The size of the steak was about as big as I've seen served without ordering a super sized steak in a steak restaurant.

Went to Chao Phraya again last night, along with Adam EW and some others. Outstanding food and service, and great value. I'm repeating myself, but it needs said again: best Asian food in Aberdeen.

Quickly becoming one of my favourites. Ordered takeaway from there on Friday night. I had the panang tofu, just wow. Other half had stir fried garlic and chilli chicken. With rice and delivery it only came to around 13 and arrived pretty quickly. Portions were huge. Brilliant value for money and immensely tasty.

Not long back in Aberdeen to find a Cinnamon leaflet posted through the door.

I see some of the offers now include a 20% discount from the take away each day the Dons win at home.

Still trying to work out if that's a good deal or not. Can hardly plan ahead.

you're still trying to work out if 20% discount is a good deal? wow, tough man to please.