aberdeen-music

Restaurant / Takeaway review thread

Lemonade

I was looking for somewhere cheap and quick to eat last night, so me and the missus ended up in the Filling Station, which it seems sells pretty average pub food at restaurant prices. For 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 diet cokes and 2 glasses of wine (no desserts or coffees) our bill came in at just under 50, which was pretty extortionate given that most of the food tasted bland, all pre-packed and frozen and the house wine tasted like dishwater.

I used to eat there quite a lot a few years ago and I remember the food being really good, however it could have been because a few of my mates worked there and I usually ate for free.

I was looking for somewhere cheap and quick to eat last night, so me and the missus ended up in the Filling Station, which it seems sells pretty average pub food at restaurant prices. For 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 diet cokes and 2 glasses of wine (no desserts or coffees) our bill came in at just under 50, which was pretty extortionate given that most of the food tasted bland, all pre-packed and frozen and the house wine tasted like dishwater.

I used to eat there quite a lot a few years ago and I remember the food being really good, however it could have been because a few of my mates worked there and I usually ate for free.

I went to the Filling Station for lunch last summer. I say 'lunch' I didn't actually get any food, or even a drink. It was quiet at the time, about 2pm so most folks were finishing off their meals rather than ordering more stuff. Unfortunately the waiting staff seemed more concerned with clearing tables than taking our order - 10 minutes or so after being shown to our table someone did deem us worthy of their time and took a drinks order but after a further 15 minutes of waiting for that to turn up we decided that enough was enough and left to go somewhere else. Total rubs.

Guest Gladstone
Filling Station in Aberdeen = dung

Filling Station in Edinburgh = the dogs baws

Oh aye - we ate 3 days in a row at the Filling Station in Edinburgh on my stag weekend. It was magic.

I went to the Filling Station for lunch last summer. I say 'lunch' I didn't actually get any food, or even a drink. It was quiet at the time, about 2pm so most folks were finishing off their meals rather than ordering more stuff. Unfortunately the waiting staff seemed more concerned with clearing tables than taking our order - 10 minutes or so after being shown to our table someone did deem us worthy of their time and took a drinks order but after a further 15 minutes of waiting for that to turn up we decided that enough was enough and left to go somewhere else. Total rubs.

This happened to us too. It was absolutely dead, but the staff were just pottering about, so we just walked. Perhaps it's always dead because it's shite.

• 3 months later...
How hard can that be! I havent' been there in ages but it was a friday and it was empty..maybe why!

Haha, find all those CBH posts pretty amusing as I used to work there and used to hear all the food stories from the customers. As far as I know the food is doing well again, there's due to be a change of ownership again and its going back to a family run hotel again so who knows... it might go back to the good old days of when I first started working there and the food could never be faulted. (PS. the steak pie is amazing, that was always what I had for supper).

I pseudo-religiously have a chipper every Friday night. Where's good around the Garthdee end of Holburn? Moving there soon and a mate recommended Hass.

Look no further. Hass' is the best chipper in this part of town and possibly Aberdeen.

Don't touch the Ashvale, it's a well faded ghost of it's former glory.