aberdeen-music

Scotland's World Cup Qualifying Campaign

Shaki

Commons

Nigel Clough on why he substituted Kris Commons v. Notts Forest last week:

"He (Commons) has given the second and third goals away," said Clough. "He gave a free kick away on the touchline for Forest's second goal and gave the ball away for their third. But it wasn't just that. Everybody gives the ball away, it is the manner in which you do it. He tried to nutmeg somebody in his own half, away from home, in the 44th minute when we were 2-0 down. And then having lost the ball, he just stood still and watched it."

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

It's just baffling. He's like a Scottish Berti Vogts, but even more bungling. Also, much as i hate the huns i think we'd be in a lot better nick if we had Ferguson, McGregor, Boyd and McCulloch to call upon. Fuck knows how he managed to piss off so many of his own players. Though i gather many of them think he's a cunt over the way he handled the boozing thing. Hopefully if and when Burley gets the chop we'll get some of them back.

I think Burley has been quite unlucky though: no-one saw the Boozegate affair coming, he's not had the rub of the green with injuries, and the Glasgow centric wanker press have had it in for him since day one. He has made the odd selection blunder here and there, but which manager wouldn't considering the overall lack of quality in the squad?

Anyway, that's me getting ready to head down, my first Scotland game for about a year. Mon!

:up:

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13918/866; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Sitting on a bus down now. Sadly it's a no booze bus, how do the filth justify this!

3L Coke bottle, remove half the Coke, top up with alcohol of choice.

Providing the label still says 'Coke' and the liquid inside looks like Coke, police have no right to open the bottle up.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

They still have every right to open the bottle up, they can pretty much do what they like with these booze checks. You just have to hope that they believe it's cola and don't ask to smell it!

I'm almost certain they are not allowed to force you to open it. I'm sure I've checked out that situation numerous times in preparation for boozy away days.

They still have every right to open the bottle up, they can pretty much do what they like with these booze checks. You just have to hope that they believe it's cola and don't ask to smell it!

Incorrect. They have to have a valid reason to open the bottle up and that doesn't include either "you look drunk so you must be drinking something" or "you're on a bus to a football match so you must be drinking".

They can ask you to open it up to have a smell of it on the chance that you'll do it and not know the law, but if you call them on it and they have no visual reason to suspect it's alcohol they're not permitted to make you open it.

I'll try and dig out the actual law if anyone wants it.

My mistake. I've had a few run ins with them on football buses and around the glasgow. Including a copper knocking a tin out of my hand and yelling at me, right up all in my grill! Hoor. They can be really strict with the drinking outside the stadium, I've seen a few of my mates get on the spot fines for having an open can of lager.

Thought Whittaker looked great when he came on, and surely Maloney should start in place of Faddy on Wednesday.

Also helpful that Norway failed to beat Iceland. Here's hoping Macedonia are just as dirty against them on Wednesday. Big John Carew's not really a fan of defenders who give it out as well as he does.