aberdeen-music

Scotland's World Cup Qualifying Campaign

Shaki

my preferred line-up against Norway:

Marshall

Hutton, G. Caldwell, Berra, Naysmith

Commons, Brown, Fletcher, Maloney

McFadden, McCormack

That would do. Wouldn't it? Norway aren't that special.

Nah - Maloney is wasted as a winger! He was a tremendous wee player when he broke through playing up front or just off. Perhaps he's played well there more than I can remember as I never watch Celtic games, but he's been shite out wide for Scotland.

I'd rather go with Iwelumo & McCormack up top and Faddy roving from a wide position.

yes I know, Chris is a controversial choice, but against Hangeland, he'd be the best option I think as a physical presence.

Is Alex Ferguson the manager now? :laughing:

GB has got that sort of infwection too....

I'm getting nervous about this. I've always thought Egil Olsen is good at the old mind games "They play more to foot and more shorter passes. They have good football players and good dribblers - they have types of players that we don't have."

Don't believe it boys!

Is Alex Ferguson the manager now? :laughing:
GB has got that sort of infwection too....

Indeed he does, altho its quite hard to mimmick via text, its not as lispy as SAF's, he does throw the 'r's in but sorta slings a 'w' in there as well... I think he his choice of midfield pairing would 'prwobabwy' be:

Scott Brwown and Daa'in Fwetcher

:laughing::stupid:

Will never forget Rusty Anderson's goal mouth tackle to deny him at todders. I had already thrown my pie to the ground in disgust then boom in sweeps the majestic bowl cut. The tackle I remember well but the year, the score and the significance I forget.

Oh aye, I remember that well, his first season in the team and playing at right back. The big man rounds the keeper, he's walking it in to the empty net, all he has to do is stroke it home, surely a goal...BOOM! He had about five yards on Anderson but didn't realise he was chasing him and slid in as he pulled the trigger. Think we drew that day and it meant nothing. Still, a mildly interesting incident in amongst fifteen years of ennui.....

P.S. Oloffson was Swedish. I believe Cato Guntveit and Thomas Solberg are starting tonight though......

Where's good to watch football in Aberdeen? I'm in need of a pub tonight, but I'm failing to think of anywhere better than triple kirks...

Depending on where you stay there's many options... The Holburn is tremendous for footy, heaps of screens, beer is always reliable, pool table, reasonable grub as well.

Enjoy watching games in the Howff as well, although an early arrival for a prime spot is required.

The College is also usually a good choice, again heaps of screens. If you can grab a table in there, they do buckets of corona/miller etc usually on offer for the footy meaning you can just buy yourself a bucket and sit at the table for the whole game, no need for waiting at the bar missing the game!

The Adam Lounge on Holburn St is good as well, and have watched games in the wee bar downstairs in the Thistle Caledonian on Union Terrace before as well, they've got a decent big screen.

FWIW I've never watched a game at TKs, never considered it to be a footy watching pub...

:up:

According to the BBC:

Marshall

Hutton, G. Caldwell, S. Caldwell, Davidson

Alexander

Commons, Brown, D Fletcher, McCormack

K. Miller

Holy shit. Calum Davidson? Seriously? I thought he retired like 4 years ago.

Alexander in midfield? Hmmmm..... Miller up front on his own I'm not sure about. He's scored some important goals for us but he looks totally lost sometimes when he's up front alone. Mind you he's not exactly spoilt for choice at the moment.

Oh aye, I remember that well, his first season in the team and playing at right back. The big man rounds the keeper, he's walking it in to the empty net, all he has to do is stroke it home, surely a goal...BOOM! He had about five yards on Anderson but didn't realise he was chasing him and slid in as he pulled the trigger. Think we drew that day and it meant nothing. Still, a mildly interesting incident in amongst fifteen years of ennui.....

P.S. Oloffson was Swedish. I believe Cato Guntveit and Thomas Solberg are starting tonight though......

Yay, I didn't dream it!

I like the use of 'ennui' in this post... suggests Dons fans are all chin-stroking existentialists. I'm sure Sartre was a secret dandy! :up: